The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #7216
Supremacy Member

ya I have been searching for something that works in this humidity

but every time perspire is GG near end of day hair is damn flat

I have been using SSS on damp hair, blow dry then style, reach home always look like cock
Old 25-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #7217

Sup guys, just received my order of Care for my cut daily shampoo from Junhong bro aka theprettyjerk. So along with it came a sample of the latest styling product that he brought in, Indians Extra Strong Molding Clay. Just used it for the first time today and gotta say that its pretty damn solid. So just gonna run a quick breakdown.

The clay itself is the dry type that you need to emulsify well before applying into your hair. During application, you can feel its hold instantaneously.. the holding power is tremendous, one of the strongest I've ever tried however it doesn't yank or pull out your hair which is a good thing. Despite its high holding power, the product doesn't cause your hair to feel sticky, in fact its really lightweight which allows your hair to move and settle naturally yet still holding your style. Kind of feels like a dry-like coating over my hair strands which keeps it in place.

Product has been holding up my style all day thus far (Ref 323 as prestyler; styled at 8+ am, time now is 7pm) Finishing wise, its a nice dry matte finish with lots of natural separation. Have yet to test out washability, but pretty much rinsed off my hands completely with just one round of hand soap.

All in all I find the product to be suitable for users who are looking for a natural looking, high volume kind of hairstyle which "moves and settles naturally". If you're one that prefers products to be stickier and which keeps your hair style completely locked in place, then it might not be the product for you. So far my experience has been great on the first use, gonna see how it performs during the next few uses!
dj_flame likes this.

Last edited by nichsong; 25-05-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Old 25-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #7218
Supremacy Member

ya I have been searching for something that works in this humidity

but every time perspire is GG near end of day hair is damn flat

I have been using SSS on damp hair, blow dry then style, reach home always look like cock
Dynamite clay works for me. Hair still in place even after working out.

Old 25-05-2016, 11:24 PM   #7219

[QUOTE=-nzy90;101564944]Dynamite clay works for me. Hair still in place even after working out.

Old 26-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #7220

Yeap dynamite clay is hands down one of the best products I've tried in terms of holding up in our weather

Dynamite clay works for me. Hair still in place even after working out.
Old 26-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #7221

Yeap dynamite clay is hands down one of the best products I've tried in terms of holding up in our weather
I agree, but I have been using EBL Clay over the past week as a cheaper alternative to Dynamite Clay, and honestly the only difference is that EBL is harder to emulsify. Same performance overall.
Old 26-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #7222

Gatsby moving rubber finishing soon, bought few years back.
Any brand to recommend? Matt look, Medium-strong hold. Best if its water-soluble

tried SUAVECITO pomade, not really good in holding even after 3-4 times of usage(size of 20cents coin)
Old 26-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #7223
Great Supremacy Member

Gatsby moving rubber finishing soon, bought few years back.
Any brand to recommend? Matt look, Medium-strong hold. Best if its water-soluble

tried SUAVECITO pomade, not really good in holding even after 3-4 times of usage(size of 20cents coin)
blind barber 90.

Old 26-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #7224

Hmm but saw some reviews that EBL Clay is a little difficult to wash off? Ever tried a sample before but I forgot what the experience was like. If really not bad might consider hooting one.

I agree, but I have been using EBL Clay over the past week as a cheaper alternative to Dynamite Clay, and honestly the only difference is that EBL is harder to emulsify. Same performance overall.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #7225

^I agree, and overall Dynamite Clay is the better product. But EBL Clay wins the bang-for-buck battle.

Basically EBL is my daily go-to, and Morris Motley Balm is for weekends, Fridays, parties, dates and days when I don't gym. All supplemented with a healthy dose of sea salt spray and blowdrying.
Old 26-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #7226
Great Supremacy Member

Hmm but saw some reviews that EBL Clay is a little difficult to wash off? Ever tried a sample before but I forgot what the experience was like. If really not bad might consider hooting one.
i have a tub, haha you want? haha i got way too many products.
can give you. you can review. haha

text me or pm me
Old 26-05-2016, 04:38 PM   #7227
Great Supremacy Member

^I agree, and overall Dynamite Clay is the better product. But EBL Clay wins the bang-for-buck battle.

Basically EBL is my daily go-to, and Morris Motley Balm is for weekends, Fridays, parties, dates and days when I don't gym. All supplemented with a healthy dose of sea salt spray and blowdrying.
that's true. its $10 cheaper.
EBL is more dry compare to DC.
Old 26-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #7228
Supremacy Member

just bought dynamite clay..

EBL is the taste matte clay?
Old 26-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #7229
Supremacy Member

Gais how about a product texture, pliability, strong hold (similar to Gold Digger) and a bit of shine?

Reccomendations?

Old 26-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #7230
Great Supremacy Member

just bought dynamite clay..

EBL is the taste matte clay?
yes EBL taste (but not edible) LOL
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.