HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #7246

How is the holding strength of gold digger vs dynamic clay? I just bought gold digger and I saw you guys talking about how good dynamic clay is for when sweating.
Old 27-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #7247

On paper, Gold Digger is supposed to have the higher holding strength. But for some of the members here we've found Dynamite Clay to work better. Which reminds me, I should pick up my tub of Gold Digger and give it a try again haha. Don't fret tho.. I've used Gold Digger before. Held my hair pretty much all day when used with seasalt spray as a pre-styler.

How is the holding strength of gold digger vs dynamic clay? I just bought gold digger and I saw you guys talking about how good dynamic clay is for when sweating.
Old 27-05-2016, 11:35 PM   #7248
Great Supremacy Member

I am using clay now but no matter how much I use, my hair always fall down 3 hours after styling. Even with hair spray
fall down means what?
out of shape or stray baby hair falling?

hair length?
Old 28-05-2016, 02:09 AM   #7249
Master Member

those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..
Old 28-05-2016, 04:10 AM   #7250
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone still perm and/or color their hair, does it help with the volume and texture?

Old 28-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #7251
Supremacy Member

those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..
Byvillain ok lah. You want something with lasting hold is like that one..

Old 28-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #7252
Supremacy Member

Then you should try styling your hair with gatsby. U can even shampoo and dry your hair.

You could actually continue styling your hair with the leftover wax that can't be washed easily on your hair. LOL.

By Vilain quite good liao

Old 28-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #7253
Master Member

Not as bad as hdf quicksand by a long shot... 3 days later ur hair still have quicksand inside

Old 28-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #7254
Master Member

Then you should try styling your hair with gatsby. U can even shampoo and dry your hair.

You could actually continue styling your hair with the leftover wax that can't be washed easily on your hair. LOL.

By Vilain quite good liao
LOL I never say by villain not good! I find it's quite good ..

I just find that it's very hard to wash away.. So was wondering if u guys have any good shampoo that can wash it effectively..
Old 28-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #7255
Supremacy Member

LOL I never say by villain not good! I find it's quite good ..

I just find that it's very hard to wash away.. So was wondering if u guys have any good shampoo that can wash it effectively..
Washing technique lah bro.

Shampoo twice. Lather the shanpoo in your hair once then follow up with a second dose of shampoo. First time to remove the product second time to cleanse your hair.

Old 28-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #7256
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=darthsid11111;101609386]Washing technique lah bro.

Shampoo twice. Lather the shanpoo in your hair once then follow up with a second dose of shampoo. First time to remove the product second time to cleanse your hair.

d4rkm4st3r likes this.
Old 28-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #7257

Try applying lesser product, esp if you use a pre styler. Fact is you don't really need that much since the product is very highly concentrated. You could also try rinsing your hair with water for a longer period of time prior to shampooing, just to get most of the product out first.

As for shampoo brands, I'm currently using mr pompadour's peppermint shampoo. Find it to be one of the best in terms of the balance between dryness/moisture after washing. Only downside is that the bottle is kinda small. I recently purchased care for my cut shampoo from theprettyjerk.com because apparently it provides good balance too. Comes in a much bigger bottle than Mr pomp. Have yet to try it out yet though

Old 28-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #7258

EBL Taste Matte Clay

So.. managed to get my hands on EBL taste Matte Clay. Shoutout to bro gaoxing84 who very kindly passed me his unfinished tub Tried it out today for the first time, so quick review.

Cut to the chase, the texture of the product is your typical dry clay. It feels rough at first, but is surprisingly easy to emulsify on your palms. Going in, it doesn't tug or pull too much on the hair, so application is fairly easy. (Do note that I carried out my usual hairstyling routine of pre-styling with SSS, blow-dry and then applying the product)

Let's get on to the hold. This is one of those products in which you can feel the hold instantaneously upon application. It's damn bloody strong. I made the mistake of putting in too much product today, so honestly I think all you need is a little bit. Putting in too much of this product is most likely gonna weigh your hair down so do experiment with the amount that your hairstyle/hair type can take.

Finish wise, you get a decent matte finish with some nice texture. There might be a little bit of a shine if you apply too much product though.

Washability I can't say now, as I have yet to shampoo my hair. But I feel like I could get most of the product out by rinsing thoroughly with water. Based on my experience though, this should shampoo out in one go. Will edit and update once I have shampooed. *UPDATE* As predicted, product is definitely washable with one round of shampoo. By Vilain users, this should be no issue for you.

All in all, a product that is definitely on par with some, if not most of the clays that I've tried thus far. (I've tried most of the big names, trust me ) Bro DJ_Flame did compare it to By Vilain's Dynamite Clay, and I can now see why. Those looking to try out a decent clay product but don't want to spend as much, this is your thing right here.
gaoxing84 and dj_flame like this.

Last edited by nichsong; 28-05-2016 at 10:37 PM..
Old 28-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #7259
Arch-Supremacy Member

^you prestyle first then apply?

Old 28-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #7260
Great Supremacy Member

So.. managed to get my hands on EBL taste Matte Clay. Shoutout to bro gaoxing84 who very kindly passed me his unfinished tub Tried it out today for the first time, so quick review.

Cut to the chase, the texture of the product is your typical dry clay. It feels rough at first, but is surprisingly easy to emulsify on your palms. Going in, it doesn't tug or pull too much on the hair, so application is fairly easy.

Let's get on to the hold. This is one of those products in which you can feel the hold instantaneously upon application. It's damn bloody strong. I made the mistake of putting in too much product today, so honestly I think all you need is a little bit. Putting in too much of this product is most likely gonna weigh your hair down so do experiment with the amount that your hairstyle/hair type can take.

Finish wise, you get a decent matte finish with some nice texture. There might be a little bit of a shine if you apply too much product though.

Washability I can't say now, as I have yet to shampoo my hair. But I feel like I could get most of the product out by rinsing thoroughly with water. Based on my experience though, this should shampoo out in one go. Will edit and update once I have shampooed.

All in all, a product that is definitely on par with some, if not most of the clays that I've tried thus far. (I've tried most of the big names, trust me ) Bro DJ_Flame did compare it to By Vilain's Dynamite Clay, and I can now see why. Those looking to try out a decent clay product but don't want to spend as much, this is your thing right here.
glad you like it enjoy bro
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.