HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #7291

I don't shampoo my hair in the mornings, haha not good to shampoo too much. So its SSS + blowdry > Wax > Shampoo at the end of the day. Condition when I feel the need to -> Maybe once or twice a week

Anyway whats your daily hair routine like ah? Shampoo hair > SSS > wax then go out? Come back home shampoo hair again?
dj_flame likes this.
Old 30-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #7292

To be fair, I personally think By Vilain is much easier to wash off than Gatsby. Just have to rinse out the product longer with water prior to shampooing or use less product when you style (you dont need that much). Also, it should be noted that By Vilain is very highly concentrated, hence providing that high hold. So it's a little bit of a tradeoff - for taking a little more effort to wash off the product.

But if the wax is good any normal shampoo should do the job what lol. Why should it be so difficult to wash off like Gatsby?
Old 30-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #7293

You're not using hair product that can be found in a supermarket... So why are uou using shampoo from the supermarket to wash it out? =D

I like the sarcasm.
Old 30-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #7294
Great Supremacy Member

Tried the Flux today.
Initial impression. Pretty impressed.
Easy to apply, hold is pretty much there. Not drying.
Let's see if it holds out thru the day.
Then can do a comparison.
It feels kinda light.
It's like a combo of Blumaan lightness plus abit of morris motley texture.
Doesn't harden at all
Old 30-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #7295

Tried the Flux today.
It feels kinda light.
Doesn't harden at all
I have the same thoughts as you in bold, but I don't think it will be a hit here as the hold is too light. Singaporean guys mostly want something that "freezes" the hair in place.

I do like the product though. The Flux is really easy to apply, I think this is great for those comb backs/side parts where you can run a comb through and yet the Flux is bone dry - none of that greasy pomade feel.

I also read up on their site that both the Flux and Elevate includes clay, and I could actually smell and feel the clay when worked into my hair. It's not a rough gritty clay like Quicksand or Dynamite Clay, it's more of a fine, barely there clay that mattifies hair.

Used only like two 10 cent amounts today. I'm going to use this as a pre-styler and apply more tomorrow to see if this holds up in the local weather.

Also thanks for sharing the samples!
Old 30-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #7296
Great Supremacy Member

Sad thing is that its scent less. Good for people with sensitive nose.
I think Flux will suit people that want lightness in their hair. You're definitely able to run your fingers thru it without issue.
Old 30-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #7297
Supremacy Member

But if the wax is good any normal shampoo should do the job what lol. Why should it be so difficult to wash off like Gatsby?
Define good leh. For some people water resistant is good what.

You dunno doesn't mean its not good leh. Must broaden your horizon a bit.

Old 30-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #7298
High Supremacy Member

Thinking of ordering a new product today, thinking of mister pompadour or shear revival

Old 30-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #7299

Yep pretty much spot on. It's something different as compared to those waxes with "aggressive" hold that we are used to. Very lightweight and offers a very natural feel and flow haha. Which is a good change actually. Endurance wise, it was pretty okay for me (with pre-styling of course)

I have the same thoughts as you in bold, but I don't think it will be a hit here as the hold is too light. Singaporean guys mostly want something that "freezes" the hair in place.

I do like the product though. The Flux is really easy to apply, I think this is great for those comb backs/side parts where you can run a comb through and yet the Flux is bone dry - none of that greasy pomade feel.

I also read up on their site that both the Flux and Elevate includes clay, and I could actually smell and feel the clay when worked into my hair. It's not a rough gritty clay like Quicksand or Dynamite Clay, it's more of a fine, barely there clay that mattifies hair.

Used only like two 10 cent amounts today. I'm going to use this as a pre-styler and apply more tomorrow to see if this holds up in the local weather.

Also thanks for sharing the samples!
Tried the Flux today.
It feels kinda light.
Doesn't harden at all
Old 30-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #7300

I don't shampoo my hair in the mornings, haha not good to shampoo too much. So its SSS + blowdry > Wax > Shampoo at the end of the day. Condition when I feel the need to -> Maybe once or twice a week
I 100% champion this approach.
Old 30-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #7301
High Supremacy Member

Daimon barber good?

Thought of trying no.1

Old 30-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #7302

Icic. Do you spray the SSS on your hands then run it thru your hair or just spray on your hair?
Old 30-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #7303

I spritz it on directly into the hair, about 4 pumps, then run my fingers through my hair to spread it out evenly. After that just hit it with the dryer and shape!

Icic. Do you spray the SSS on your hands then run it thru your hair or just spray on your hair?
Old 30-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #7304

has anyone ever opt for dry shampoo in this weather? is it any good?
Old 30-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #7305
Master Member

has anyone ever opt for dry shampoo in this weather? is it any good?
I think it depends if your hair is oily or not?

Bcos previously when I don't style my hair, I use to shampoo my hair with high moisturizer shampoos.. Now after styling with hair products, I seem to develope oily scalp.. So I'm looking for those that is anti oily scalp shampoo lol
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.