HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #7306

Used it for awhile, but didn't really like it. It does remove excess grease yes, but thing is I use styling products pretty much every day. I've tried to use it as a combination with my styling products(as seen from some youtube videos), but found that it doesn't work well. The powder makes the product sort of not adhere to my hair, hence affecting the hold. Well if you're looking to remove some excess oils, sea salt spray is able to do that for you too not to mention provide you with some hold and texture

has anyone ever opt for dry shampoo in this weather? is it any good?
Old 30-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #7307

I think it depends if your hair is oily or not?

Bcos previously when I don't style my hair, I use to shampoo my hair with high moisturizer shampoos.. Now after styling with hair products, I seem to develope oily scalp.. So I'm looking for those that is anti oily scalp shampoo lol
I do not wash my hair everyday(maybe every one and a half day cause I tend to have dry scalp if its washed too often). So I guess I was wondering about the dry shampoo option. But thanks alot for the advice!
Old 30-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #7308

Used it for awhile, but didn't really like it. It does remove excess grease yes, but thing is I use styling products pretty much every day. I've tried to use it as a combination with my styling products(as seen from some youtube videos), but found that it doesn't work well. The powder makes the product sort of not adhere to my hair, hence affecting the hold. Well if you're looking to remove some excess oils, sea salt spray is able to do that for you too not to mention provide you with some hold and texture
Oh wow thanks alot for the info. Yup I was looking to remove the excess grease. Really wanted to see what are the options I have. Is sea salt spray another type of spray? or dry shampoo?
Old 30-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #7309

Sea salt spray is used mainly as a pre-styling product haha. Basically it's sea-salt/salt with water and other balancing ingredients such as humectants etc. Absorbing excess grease is one of its properties It also adds some hold and volume (can be massive, if used with a hair dryer). But, if you're one who usually doesn't use styling products on your hair, dry shampoo should be good for you.

However, I've heard that it can clog up the pores on your scalp, which might in turn lead to irritation or imbalance with your scalp, causing it to be dry etc. Personally haven't used it for long enough to tell though. But in terms of removing the excess grease and getting your hair to feel a little fresher, it does the job. Try it out and see if it works for you! I was using Klorane's dry shampoo during that period.

Oh wow thanks alot for the info. Yup I was looking to remove the excess grease. Really wanted to see what are the options I have. Is sea salt spray another type of spray? or dry shampoo?
Old 30-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #7310

Sea salt spray is used mainly as a pre-styling product haha. Basically it's sea-salt/salt with water and other balancing ingredients such as humectants etc. Absorbing excess grease is one of its properties It also adds some hold and volume (can be massive, if used with a hair dryer). But, if you're one who usually doesn't use styling products on your hair, dry shampoo should be good for you.

However, I've heard that it can clog up the pores on your scalp, which might in turn lead to irritation or imbalance with your scalp, causing it to be dry etc. Personally haven't used it for long enough to tell though. But in terms of removing the excess grease and getting your hair to feel a little fresher, it does the job. Try it out and see if it works for you! I was using Klorane's dry shampoo during that period.
oh wow I see. I'll try the dry shampoo instead and see if it works for me! Thanks alot for the much needed info! Cheers
Old 30-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #7311
Great Supremacy Member

ok some flux review.

its not bad but i won't put it at strong hold.
maybe medium-strong hold.
but the texture and finishing of the product in your hair is pretty good.
really matte, similar to what a clay does.
very pliable. my hair is pretty short and it does hold it well the entire day.
since early afternoon till evening.

i wanna try the elevate tomorrow.

i think i might bring them in soon, 3rd quarter of 2016 likely or late 2nd quarter of 2016.

scentless, a yay for people who don't like scent.
Old 30-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #7312

Let me know how the elevate goes bro! Only tried the sample once, also found it to be not bad. Sometimes I feel our hair type (fine + limp) could do well with products that come with less hold. Might even work better because of the tendency for products like these to be more lightweight. Got to add too that Carter Supply Co products makes my hair feel somewhat smoother + healthier after usage

ok some flux review.

i think i might bring them in soon, 3rd quarter of 2016 likely or late 2nd quarter of 2016.

Old 30-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #7313
Great Supremacy Member

Icic. Do you spray the SSS on your hands then run it thru your hair or just spray on your hair?
why would you do that?

it's already in a spray bottle form. LOL.
Old 30-05-2016, 09:45 PM   #7314
Supremacy Member

why would you do that?

it's already in a spray bottle form. LOL.
QFT.

Already spend money to package in soray bottle for you still spray on hand for what sia.

Old 30-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #7315

ok some flux review.

Is it easy wash off like gel/pomade? Or hard like wax/clay

Old 30-05-2016, 10:28 PM   #7316
Great Supremacy Member

Is it easy wash off like gel/pomade? Or hard like wax/clay
what makes you think pomade is easy to wash off?
and wax/clay hard to wash off?

but yes, this flux is easy to wash
Old 30-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #7317

Define good leh. For some people water resistant is good what.

You dunno doesn't mean its not good leh. Must broaden your horizon a bit.
True. I define good as high hold plus easy to wash off because I don't want to keep shampoo 2 to 3 times.
Old 30-05-2016, 11:14 PM   #7318

Hi, can I just ask which is better for hair oil? argan oil or coconut oil? or any other oils?
Old 30-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #7319
Master Member

Hi, can I just ask which is better for hair oil? argan oil or coconut oil? or any other oils?

castor oil
Old 30-05-2016, 11:24 PM   #7320

QFT.

Already spend money to package in soray bottle for you still spray on hand for what sia.
Coz u spray onto hair some will escape into the air but if u close your hand abit and spray onto it then u can capture more.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.