HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #7351
Great Supremacy Member

want strong, want easy to wash off is like asking i want a supercar but also save on ALOT of fuel.

or i want cheap and big boobie girl.
or i want a nice suit but my budget is $50 bucks
Old 01-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #7352

baxter clay strong but heavy and slightly more oily.
flux is soft and medium strong hold

sg context, everyone want STRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG hold. so bb90
Thanks again. Will find out where to get this product.

You v clever can graduate from this forum liao
Is that a compliment.
Anyway, will you like to share how you do it
Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #7353
Great Supremacy Member

Is that a compliment.
from me la. haha click on my siggy
Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #7354

I think I can speak for most of us here, where we use the conventional method of shampooing first, followed by conditioner. Although I have read articles online about using the conditioner first. Not entirely sure, but I think those articles mentioned some benefits for doing so

Is that a compliment.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #7355

I think I can speak for most of us here, where we use the conventional method of shampooing first, followed by conditioner. Although I have read articles online about using the conditioner first. Not entirely sure, but I think those articles mentioned some benefits for doing so
My stylist has also recommended to condition the hair first before shampoo. He said doing so would help to remove all traces of styling product in your hair.

But just gotta make sure the conditioner doesn't touch the scalp/root of the hair, as the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #7356

But just gotta make sure the conditioner doesn't touch the scalp/root of the hair, as the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there.
You should NEVER apply conditioner onto your scalp and roots.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #7357

Come on, share your hair-washing techniques rather than all talk no show.

Appreciate the inputs from @nichsong and @kagura.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #7358
Master Member

Using conditioner first or after shampoo is possible. The difference lies on this factor - how difficult is it to remove the impurities on your hair. For instance, if you're using styling products with low washability (eg. at least for me, its Gatsby moving rubber), i will use conditioner to wash off first. Conditioner, typically viscous liquid, will contain oil as one of the ingredients. This help to allow conditioner to behave as a form of "make up remover", for better riddance of styling products off the hair. Imagine this as a eye make up remover (contain oils), compared to face make up remover (no or lesser oil contents) that girls use. Otherwise, it is perfectly fine to use shampoo first then conditioner. It really depends on the need.

As for washing the hair with water, i usually use lukewarm water. Not only does it help me to feel more revitalized, it helps to remove better as compared to cold water. I am not a believer for using extremely warm water to wash the hair, as it might cause irritation for the scalp.

Another thing that i am doing is on shampoo lathering. I dont apply on the shampoo onto the hair directly. I lather an appropriate amount of shampoo on my palms first then apply onto my hair and scalp. Reason being i want to minimize the force exerted onto the hair, which might be a good start to forming a good habit at this age. What's important here is that i make sure its my entire scalp that is being massaged during my shampoo-ing, which means the back of my head too.

Come on, share your hair-washing techniques rather than all talk no show.

Appreciate the inputs from @nichsong and @kagura.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #7359
Master Member

Looking very good here bro! Question - have you ever considered going for a deeper side parting? Looking at the picture, i personally feel that it will look even better like that. Need not be too deep, but relatively deeper than what is shown here.

Also a comparison shot to show how Carter Supply Flux behaves.

Going for a loose, 90's off-center part.

Noticed that Flux actually has a faint scent of clay, like Baxter's. Good product, recommended if you want something with just enough hold.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:39 AM   #7360
Master Member

There are many options, besides the ones recommended here. Google is your best friend.

Yeah understand where you are coming from.
Im also looking for one that is
-matte finish
-min effort in washing away
-medium hold

Was recommended the BB90 and then the ByVillan by the fellows here though.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #7361
Master Member

Your concern here should be eliminated because sss is not a mist spray. Mist spray evaporates very fast (eg hair mist that most females use). There is a reason why blowdrying is still required after application of sss.

Coz u spray onto hair some will escape into the air but if u close your hand abit and spray onto it then u can capture more.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #7362
Master Member

Hi i am still considering which product to go for while waiting for my Ubersauve to finish.

Any recommendations for those matt type of hair wax/pomades for good strong hold? i understand ubersauve is hard to wash off and not really a good product but it gives me the dry matt natural look. i use it with gatsby hair spray to make it hold. Not keen on Clay because i had very bad experience in the past washing it off etc.

Now i am looking at Blind Barber 90, Gold digger and use it together with Power point spray? Looking at purchasing it from The Grooming Society.

Thanks

Last edited by jason910; 03-06-2016 at 10:20 AM..
Old 03-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #7363

Daimon barber good?

Thought of trying no.1
Daimon no.1 is awesome. Love it. I have to let you know that it is only med-hold though but its slick af. and it doesnt harden up so much o give you the stupid crunchy feeling on your hair that you get with suavecito firme hold or jadioc pomade. I like how it doesnt harden up and i can dry-comb it whenever I want in the day.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #7364
Supremacy Member

Hi i am still considering which product to go for while waiting for my Ubersauve to finish.

Any recommendations for those matt type of hair wax for good strong hold? i understand ubersauve is hard to wash off and not really a good product but it gives me the dry matt natural look. i use it with gatsby hair spray to make it hold. Not keen on Clay because i had very bad experience in the past washing it off etc.

Now i am looking at Blind Barber 90, Gold digger and use it together with Power point spray? Looking at purchasing it from The Grooming Society.

Thanks
BB90 isn't really "strong" so to speak. Your hair is still very pliable after using it.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #7365
Master Member

BB90 isn't really "strong" so to speak. Your hair is still very pliable after using it.
Im going throught the whole forum reading, any recommendations? gold digger or Moris Motley chrome?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.