HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2016, 11:54 PM   #7651
Supremacy Member

rubbing the hair wax in circular motion until the product is distribute evenly throughout ur palms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjiZwndMhkc
this video above should help in explaining.
so usually until now u didn't emulsify it?u just dig out and apply straight into your hair?
u do not need a lot of product to tame the sides if not it will feel very sticky like u say.if u emulsify it well is more than enough.
yup hair broducts would be the best place unless u prefer to look the actual product before buying in those boxes store sometime may be more expensive.
haha not really, i just use the index finger to scoop out the wax and "emulsify" between my thumb and index finger, then apply to the sides.

anyway, for gatsby wax (the grey one), it's very hard to spread it as it feels very dense and unyielding.
Old 19-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #7652
Supremacy Member

i think he meant spread all into your palms.
mix 2 products together.

everywhere can get gold digger, just support the seller you like.
are you the guy behind hair broducts? don't mind if i ask this, but any coupon code for first timers?
Old 20-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #7653
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey man I'd suggest shampooing only once a day, probably at the end of the day to wash out any oils/product buildup before going to bed. It's ok to have some natural oil in your hair the next day prior to styling.. I personally find it makes the styling process easier too.

Other than that, I find that using a moisturiser intended for daily use is sufficient to counter any dryness/brittleness in your hair. Just use it once/twice a week according to how dry your hair feels as the week goes by.

But if you're really looking for hair oils, I guess the current trend right now is Argan oil. U can find the brand "argan oil of morocco" in most local drugstores like guardian etc. They have this hair penetrating oil that's intended for hair treatment/moisturising purposes. Or if you would want to invest in a higher quality alternative, alot of people online are using/ recommending pura d'or.

Personally, I find a good old daily moisturiser to be sufficient
hey man thanks for the detailed explanation. really appreciate it. just to clarify. the moisturizer u mention is it the same as hair conditioner? if not what are the brands u recommend. thanks!
Old 20-06-2016, 12:13 AM   #7654
Great Supremacy Member

are you the guy behind hair broducts? don't mind if i ask this, but any coupon code for first timers?
yes i am and see my siggy.
it's right there
Old 20-06-2016, 01:34 AM   #7655

Ah yes sorry, hair conditioner would be a more relevant term!

hey man thanks for the detailed explanation. really appreciate it. just to clarify. the moisturizer u mention is it the same as hair conditioner? if not what are the brands u recommend. thanks!
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 20-06-2016, 02:24 AM   #7656
Master Member

haha not really, i just use the index finger to scoop out the wax and "emulsify" between my thumb and index finger, then apply to the sides.

anyway, for gatsby wax (the grey one), it's very hard to spread it as it feels very dense and unyielding.
grey moving rubber is already softer than gold digger btw

and haha good on u for recognising the real meaning of the word "emulsify"

but spreading the wax between thumb and index finger i think not enough spreading ba.. if u dun wan dirty ur whole palm at least spread between all ur fingers. what u are aiming for is a even coat of product on ur hair
xeonboy likes this.
Old 20-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #7657

Side of Hair sticking out

Hi, as an asian my sides are always sticking out. I saw on reddit that there are some products from ebay that can help with it. I was wondering is there any in Singapore that you guys would recommend?
Old 20-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #7658
Great Supremacy Member

Hi, as an asian my sides are always sticking out. I saw on reddit that there are some products from ebay that can help with it. I was wondering is there any in Singapore that you guys would recommend?
Shave if it's sticking out.
If not keep it long enough to sweep it backwards.
darthsid11111 likes this.
Old 20-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #7659
Master Member

bro check this out. u can give samples like free LOL

https://world.taobao.com/item/530663....o3JfYw#detail
Old 20-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #7660
Master Member

those perming cream is it? i think abit hardcore to self perm sia... but here got ppl try before. cant remember who though
Old 20-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #7661
Supremacy Member

QFT. Keep your hair trim and neat to look your best.
Old 20-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #7662
Arch-Supremacy Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLS DUNCH USE THE WORD "EMULSIFY" TO MEAN SPREADING

Old 20-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #7663
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone what to tell the hair salon if they wanna lightly perm their hair to give it volume. Not those extreme kind. Like those Korean hair style. And also around how much will it be?
Old 20-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #7664
Master Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLS DUNCH USE THE WORD "EMULSIFY" TO MEAN SPREADING
U
O
T
E

FOR
O
R

TRUTH
R
U
T
H
Old 20-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #7665
Master Member

Anyone what to tell the hair salon if they wanna lightly perm their hair to give it volume. Not those extreme kind. Like those Korean hair style. And also around how much will it be?
exactly what u are telling us here.

around 100 ba
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.