Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #7801
Master Member

I'm too old to be a hipster LOL.

But I like his haircut videos. Especially the choice of music.

Really? Still using my tub with the old formulation. Care to explain the difference?
colour is lighter. (more yellow, less gray. doesnt really tell much, most probably a change in the clay's raw stock)

texture is more creamy, less thick. more bubbles present inside the wax, as opposed to no bubbles at all in the handpoured ones. cos its thinner, can feel that u need more effort to get the same volume, but also its easier to apply (beneficial for longer hair).

however it is still one of the best products out there. based on product quality alone. for now.

i only used the first batch of lab made ones. no idea if it degraded further. but its not like imma throw out my tub cos of my opinions on the direction the brand is starting to head in
dj_flame likes this.
Old 29-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #7802
Great Supremacy Member

Any keen to review these bryd pomade? I can give away after I do my own test and you can take all 3. Must write review here.
First one pm me will get it.

teckgamer likes this.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 29-06-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 30-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #7803

New local pomade! For real this time? You know the answer

Lion City Pomade
http://sg.carousell.com/p/58622857

PS _ It looks uncannily similar to the Urban Primate Super Hold. Wouldn't be surprised if its another flop.
Old 30-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #7804
Arch-Supremacy Member

New local pomade! For real this time? You know the answer

Lion City Pomade
http://sg.carousell.com/p/58622857

PS _ It looks uncannily similar to the Urban Primate Super Hold. Wouldn't be surprised if its another flop.
need to try 1st? Otherwise gang hu kua beh chut

I just had to do it.
Old 30-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #7805
Supremacy Member

Any keen to review these bryd pomade? I can give away after I do my own test and you can take all 3. Must write review here.
First one pm me will get it.

Wah boss gx bring new product?

Bird tongchai?

Old 30-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #7806

I think Byrd's doesn't do well in our weather...

Might be wrong though.
Old 30-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #7807
Master Member

Might be wrong though.
should be can ba... dapper alr selling for 1 year liao
Old 30-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #7808
Great Supremacy Member

Wah boss gx bring new product?

Bird tongchai?
haven't leh. people pass me sample test first.
you want bo? let you play and review
Old 30-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #7809
Great Supremacy Member

Might be wrong though.
no idea. gotta try. you want some? lol
Old 30-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #7810

Any effective treatment for oily scalp to recommend? Thanks
Old 30-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #7811

So guys,

Just tried out Black Ship by Flasghip Pomade Co to review. Gonna just do a simple breakdown in point form to make things easy,

Strength: Strength is there, no doubt about that. One of the strongest I've tried. It really makes your hair listen and stay in place.
Weight: Since the pomade is more on the heavy side, might weigh your hair down if you don't use a pre styler. Use sparingly and experiment with how much you bneed.
Smell: Citrusy-Rose smelling. More on the rose side though
Application: The pomade itself has a very thick consistency, you can defo feel abit of grip while running it through your hair. All in all not too bad though.
Endurance: This is where I think the product really excels. Holds decently in our hot + humid weather. Was out and about for about 8-9 hours today and the product still held well in place, just had to rake and adjust.
Washability: One of the cons of this product. Initially when I washed off the leftover product from my hands after styling my hair, I had to do it twice to get rid of it. Had a bad feeling that it wouldn't wash out easily in my hair too. Although it wasn't that bad after I actually tried shampooing it out.. Still felt it could do a little better here.

All in all I felt that this was a decent product. Great to try homebrewed stuff once in awhile and I would say that this would be my second place product I'd use behind my fave, which is Dynamite Clay.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #7812

Wah even Sgpomade now selling blumaan, ubersuave must be doing bad.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #7813
Master Member

So guys,

Just tried out Black Ship by Flasghip Pomade Co to review. Gonna just do a simple breakdown in point form to make things easy,

Strength: Strength is there, no doubt about that. One of the strongest I've tried. It really makes your hair listen and stay in place.
Weight: Since the pomade is more on the heavy side, might weigh your hair down if you don't use a pre styler. Use sparingly and experiment with how much you bneed.
Application: The pomade itself has a very thick consistency, you can defo feel abit of grip while running it through your hair. All in all not too bad though.
Endurance: This is where I think the product really excels. Holds decently in our hot + humid weather. Was out and about for about 8-9 hours today and the product still held well in place, just had to rake and adjust.
Washability: One of the cons of this product. Initially when I washed off the leftover product from my hands after styling my hair, I had to do it twice to get rid of it. Had a bad feeling that it wouldn't wash out easily in my hair too. Although it wasn't that bad after I actually tried shampooing it out.. Still felt it could do a little better here.

All in all I felt that this was a decent product. Great to try homebrewed stuff once in awhile and I would say that this would be my second place product I'd use behind my fave, which is Dynamite Clay.
Ooo sounds like it smells good. Many of the current offering are really off putting.... Esp for the opposite gender

Old 01-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #7814
Arch-Supremacy Member

So guys,

Hmm i wonder how this fares against Odouds WB

Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 AM   #7815
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone can reco lightweight clay?

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.