HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #7996

if hairspray dont harden your hair, ure not buying hairspray.
Ohh but heard ppl say still can restyle through out the day. Is it true?

Old 25-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #7997

if hairspray dont harden your hair, ure not buying hairspray.
Ohh but heard ppl say still can restyle through out the day. Is it true?

Old 25-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #7998

Hey buddy, I haven't actually tried out the American Crew defining paste so I can't really give you an informed opinion. But based on your description on how the product works, I'd say that Morris Motley would probably be the safest choice. I have tried out the Treatment Styling Balm myself and that stuff is really good, it allows enough flexibility for u to move your hair how u want it. Hold wise I'd rate it as a high medium to Strong hold product that is long lasting.

To add, I've also tried out crystal lake and found it to be more of a light-medium hold, medium shine product. It didn't wash out easily and I personally feel that it ain't suitable for our weather Haven't tried out Daimon Barber 1 and 3. Daimon Barber 4 I have tried, and I think its a decent product. But its a matte finish though. Between Morris and Daimin No 4 tho, I'd rate Morris higher.

Also, you mentioned low shine, just in case you're not referring to a matte product - In that case you might want to take a look at Morris Motley Chrome, which apparently works just the same as the TSB, only difference is that it has a touch of shine.

Anws if you want, you can get Morris Motley products from Hair Broducts

Hope this helps!
I alternate between MM Chrome and O'Doud's Water-based to style my hair. MM Chrome is sick, god-sent if I can say. The hold is just great and your hair remains lightweight and soft throughout the day, hard to find such a combi. And as what @nichsong said earlier, Chrome is the 'shine' version of Balm.

I've just finished my jar of Daimon Barber No.1. I think in terms of orthodoxed gel-type pomades, it is the most balanced one. Yes it doesn't have the strongest hold that you expect from gel-type pomades but it also does not harden up much during the day which is what I prefer over having strong hold. In terms of shine, it starts off relatively shiny and then mattes out gradually over the day. Plus the scent is amazing for this pomade, haha, I might buy another jar of this soon to rotate with my MM Chrome and OD WB.

I also used AC Defining Paste before, didn't work well for me at all, maybe I used it wrong or something. Still got half a tub of AC Defining Paste here at home...
Old 26-07-2016, 01:20 AM   #7999
Great Supremacy Member

Tried Carter Supply's Flux again today after awhile, and gotta say that I fell in love with it all over again. Did my usual routine of pre-styling SSS followed up with Flux. Just the right amount of hold and is super lightweight - great for those with fine, soft hair. GX bro you need to bring this in!
totally forgot about it. soon soon.
i have other new (old) products coming in soon.

carter supply will be on the list, probably in Sep or Oct.
I love the flux myself.

how about the elevate? anyone?
Old 26-07-2016, 01:25 AM   #8000
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys

I asked this a few pages back but didn't get a reply, so trying again =)

What's similar to the American Crew Defining Paste in terms of hold (medium) and shine (low), but better at washing off? I was looking at Shear Revival Crystal Lake, Daimon Barber no. 1 or (no.3 or 4) and Morris Motley.
Medium hold and low shine, i would say go for morris motley treatment balm.
more than enough hold for you and its easy to use.
low shine as well.

another alternative will be carter supply flux
strong hold with a matte finish

by vilain dynamite clay would work well for you as well

Feel like trying bb90. Hand itchy lol how is it compared to a wax?
its more of a more milky, creamy paste.

it tends to harden after awhile but got a good amount of hold to last the day.

too bad i am all sold out and blind barber isn't getting back to our local distro for restocks
Old 26-07-2016, 01:43 AM   #8001

hahaha BS product.

if only they dare say its made in china and its proven selling well.
that is satki

if not, blah. some fake advertising.
Apestomen, ubersuave, getzgy pomades are mainly targeting the secondary school kids, army boys or those newbies in the pomade world who don't know much about pomades. They charge a low price of $10-$15 to entice this group of people. Basically targetting those who value price over quality.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #8002

Have decided to grow out my mane to this stage:

In the meantime, just visiting the saloon once in a while to tidy up split ends.

Gonna be 3 months of ugly hair. Been wearing a cap/hat when going out these days.

P.S I saw an auntie on the train on Sat with similar hair. So tempted to do a face-swap on Snapchat LOL.
Old 26-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #8003
Great Supremacy Member

finally got to try the byrd matte pomade.
not a bad product, i would say its the hard cream version of bb90 and its a good alternative to it.
doesn't work in that fast compared to the bb90, so gives u more time to style your hair.
hold is pretty solid and it smells very masculine. like cologne, very 60s-70s.

will be bringing the entire range of byrd soon. will try the classic pomade and light pomade when i have the time.

this is a sample tub, the original tub has more quantity.

yes i need a hair cut soon

dj_flame likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #8004

finally got to try the byrd matte pomade.
not a bad product, i would say its the hard cream version of bb90 and its a good alternative to it.
doesn't work in that fast compared to the bb90, so gives u more time to style your hair.
hold is pretty solid and it smells very masculine. like cologne, very 60s-70s.

will be bringing the entire range of byrd soon. will try the classic pomade and light pomade when i have the time.

this is a sample tub, the original tub has more quantity.

yes i need a hair cut soon

How is the hold compared to bb90? Might get this instead of bb90

Last edited by Jun_rui; 26-07-2016 at 04:58 PM..
Old 26-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #8005
Great Supremacy Member

How is the hold compared to bb90? Might get this instead of bb90?
hmm hold wise, this doesn't harden with fiber like structure as the bb90
its slight softer to touch but with good amount of hold
restyle ability better than bb90

however some people prefer the bb90 cause of its fiber like structure.

i have yet to bring them in, stock but you can wait till its out maybe in a week or two.
Old 26-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #8006
Master Member

for those with haircuts that have short hair on the sides, do yall use hair clipper and trim it yourself or do yall go hairdresser cut ah? how regularly yall trim?
Old 26-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #8007
Great Supremacy Member

for those with haircuts that have short hair on the sides, do yall use hair clipper and trim it yourself or do yall go hairdresser cut ah? how regularly yall trim?
pay for professional to do it. cut every once a month.

is it difficult to wash?
i don't think so. should be fairly easy with shampoo-ing
Old 26-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #8008
Supremacy Member

First time going to stylist. Do I have to book an appointment if I only want to cut my hair?

Any advice? I not going to specify what hairstyle I want.

Does anyone have twister's pricelist? For salon director

Do I need to confirm about the pricing with them first?

paiseh ah, noob questions
Old 26-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #8009

First time going to stylist. Do I have to book an appointment if I only want to cut my hair?

Any advice? I not going to specify what hairstyle I want.

Does anyone have twister's pricelist? For salon director

Do I need to confirm about the pricing with them first?

paiseh ah, noob questions
I assume you know what style you wanna get alr but you not gonna specify to us? Or you yourself have no clue what you want and leave it to the stylist to suggest? Sorry, was a bit confused by that statement of yours. If you want those classic slick back, pompadour, executive contour kind of hairstyles, maybe going to a barber will be better? What do others here think? Barbers for classics no?
weathersohot likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #8010
Supremacy Member

I assume you know what style you wanna get alr but you not gonna specify to us? Or you yourself have no clue what you want and leave it to the stylist to suggest? Sorry, was a bit confused by that statement of yours. If you want those classic slick back, pompadour, executive contour kind of hairstyles, maybe going to a barber will be better? What do others here think? Barbers for classics no?
as in I prefer stylist to suggest
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.