Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #8041

My Ah Gong uses Brylcreem lol.
Old 31-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #8042
Master Member

Thanks guys.

I think I'll skip on Chrome and try to get American friends to help ship V76 products for longer hair over - maybe the medium hold lotion or creme.

My hair is now too long for your usual clays or waxes, only thing that works ok is the treatment styling balm. I kinda like not blow drying all the way, maybe to only 75% dryness for a slightly wet look now with hair that I can tuck behind my ears now.

So basically all my sea salt sprays and clays are now useless.

That huge emoji tho

V76 sia! Omg drool max

Old 31-07-2016, 09:13 PM   #8043

Tried my friends gatsby grey and finally understood why u guys hate gatsby so much. When applying it to my hair it was so sticky it pulled a quite a few strands of hair out... It kinda dried like a gel pomade too...
Old 31-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #8044
Banned

Tried my friends gatsby grey and finally understood why u guys hate gatsby so much. When applying it to my hair it was so sticky it pulled a quite a few strands of hair out... It kinda dried like a gel pomade too...
yup, the hold is crap and it's hard to wash off as fark.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:55 AM   #8045

Sephora ION now sells HDF. They have sample jars lying around, so you can literally go down there and try them out.

I like Scheme Cream. Claymation actually is also pretty decent!
Old 01-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #8046
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sephora ION now sells HDF. They have sample jars lying around, so you can literally go down there and try them out.

I like Scheme Cream. Claymation actually is also pretty decent!
Lol now everywhere also got sell.

All those rent-a-box shops

Old 01-08-2016, 05:47 AM   #8047

Sephora? Sweet, time to try out that gravity paste again. Thanks for the tip!

Box stores only can see no touch/smell.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:39 AM   #8048

Lol now everywhere also got sell.

All those rent-a-box shops
Yeah but at Sephora they have mirrors and hand sinks to let you style and then wash your hands off.

If a salesperson approaches you, just saying you're "trying out first and need to see how it holds."

Old 01-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #8049
Master Member

anyone ever heard of andrew does hair or ADH??? saw a clip of ADH dry as a morris motley on a budget.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #8050
Master Member

anyone ever heard of andrew does hair or ADH??? saw a clip of ADH dry as a morris motley on a budget.
I believe it's been shared here multiple times. But i doubt anyone here has tried the actual product

Old 01-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #8051

http://thepanicroom.com.sg/webstore/...-hair-dry.html

It's sold for $33. At that price point I rather pony up a bit more for Morris Motley.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM   #8052

I have, just bought it and tried out for the first time. It's a very lightweight product with light hold. It's a must to pre-style when using this product. What it does is just coat your hair with grit, tackiness and texture. You need to have a good foundation prior to applying, or hair will mostly likely fall down during the day. Good for casual hairstyles! If I had to put it in the same class as other products, I would compare them to Morris Motley TSB and Carter Supply's Flux. Matte and lightweight. Although this is a much lighter product than both.. Lighter hold as well too. Take note on what I said about pre-styling first.

I believe it's been shared here multiple times. But i doubt anyone here has tried the actual product
Old 01-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #8053

I have, just bought it and tried out for the first time. It's a very lightweight product with light hold. It's a must to pre-style when using this product. What it does is just coat your hair with grit, tackiness and texture. You need to have a good foundation prior to applying, or hair will mostly likely fall down during the day.
^ What you said is completely in line with Andrewdoeshair's comments on ADH Dry - that it provides a bit of hold and is meant to give texture while allowing hair to fall apart naturally.

Nichsong, is the consistency soft like Carter's Flux, or hard like Dynamite Clay?
Old 01-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #8054

Consistency feels nothing like that those two actually though. Only similarity is in the sense that its a "lightweight, matte finish" product like the other two. If I were to compare them in terms of strength to weight ratio, morris would be on the high end of the spectrum while ADH Dry on the least.

Consistency wise, nothing like the other two. If anything, I'd compare the consistency to MP's Natural Beeswax Paste. Kinda spongey and scoops out as a chunk. Haha but honestly.. I would't know if I'd recommend it to those wanting their hair to stay in place like how they styled it. Cos for angmoh hair it's ok if their hair fell apart naturally cos they naturally already have movement and volume in their hair. For us, fall apart means... I don't think I have to elaborate haha.

Halfway through the day, I feel that my hair has pretty much sagged and settled into an almost flat state. It's not like its messy and all over the place with flyaways, its a neat kind of settlement. But flat nontheless. It literally went from a quiff to a side part.

As of such I can kind of deduce that the product has almost as much effect as using a sea salt spray alone in terms of holding up volume (because of our asian hair trait). Like I mentioned, all it does is just add stick and texture. In that sense.. I guess it would be safe to say that MM or Carter's Flux would be more likely to meet the expectations of what most people are looking for.

^ What you said is completely in line with Andrewdoeshair's comments on ADH Dry - that it provides a bit of hold and is meant to give texture while allowing hair to fall apart naturally.

Nichsong, is the consistency soft like Carter's Flux, or hard like Dynamite Clay?
dj_flame likes this.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #8055

https://www.blhair.co.uk/craftclay#review-section
Very fishy looking reviews. All 5 stars lol. That good?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.