HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #8071

Anyone tried Red Panther Barber at Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre yet? Less than $10 ($9 for adults) and been around for donkey years already. I'm thinking if I'm just gonna trim my sides and back, then no need to spend $30 on those upscale barbers or stylists. Although i think red panther can do the classic haircuts pretty well too.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #8072
Master Member

Styling with Scheme Cream today, end result shown below.

I really like the product, it's very easy to scoop and apply, and it glides through my hair easily. Best of all it gives a very nourishing feel that is the opposite of my usual EBL Clay which was dry af and tugged at my roots.

Btw my hair is pretty long and thick now - I need something to slick the sides down, so how I used Scheme Cream is very different from using the same product for a quiff or pompadour.

No comments on the scent? Haha that was the most distinctive thing about scheme creme imo

Old 03-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #8073
Master Member

i am looking for good mud or wax to use..
but easier to wash off..
Just read back abit. Practically everyone in this thread is looking for a good mud or wax that is easy to wash off....

gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #8074

Nope, forgot to mention also that cement is pretty lightweight. Gold digger is more on the heavy side. Like I mentioned earlier what it does is coat and give stick to individual strands of hair so that they support each other. It provides a very strong hold and grip. Regarding running your fingers through your hair, its nothing like gold digger. It's relatively easy to run through and restyle!

^Is Cement similar to Gold Digger - sticky, thick and amazing hold but also heavy and makes it hard to run your fingers through?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #8075
Banned

anyone knows those salon always use what shampoo with the mint smell to wash our hair?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #8076
Great Supremacy Member

^Is Cement similar to Gold Digger - sticky, thick and amazing hold but also heavy and makes it hard to run your fingers through?
actually i can maintain volume with gold digger. sometimes it maybe caused by the thickness of your hair (like alot of hair).

sounds the same to me. gold digger still remains the strongest in my arsenal but also one of the heaviest.
another notable mention would be the clay pomade by baxter, maybe slightly lighter.

been using the matte pomade by byrd, smells damn manly, hold wise i would say maybe a 7-8/10. doesn't tuck hair as much as gold digger. works in alittle slower than gold digger.

All who hasn't tried Layrite Cement yet. Please go try. Been using it for awhile already and I think it's up there in terms of suitability for our hair type and weather. Hold and endurance is pretty wah. Adh founder Andrew mentioned that products that help hairstyles retain volume usually coat individual strands and make them sticky in order to allow them to lay on top of each other without weighing each other down. Layrite cement does this much, much better than ADH dry imo. It has much better grip and hold.

Although it's not publicised much.. But seriously, it's pretty good stuff guys. 4oz jar at that too. If I didn't think it's good I wouldn't say so!

*pls take note that I did my usual routine of blow drying with SSS, then followed up with layrite cement as finishing product.
sounds very gold digger to me.

i think uevo grey, morris motley etc all does that.

nichsong the new reviewer of the thread haha

keep up the work man!

you wanna review the byrd entire series?

give you my samples. i have yet to touch the light and classic pomade.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #8077

Anyone tried Red Panther Barber at Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre yet? Less than $10 ($9 for adults) and been around for donkey years already. I'm thinking if I'm just gonna trim my sides and back, then no need to spend $30 on those upscale barbers or stylists. Although i think red panther can do the classic haircuts pretty well too.
My regular barber, always go back every 2-3 weeks. I will request my side for fade and the top and front to trim abit so i can back comb. The uncle does it well... Most of the time i will cut with Ahmad but tried Ali twice also not bad!

$8(Student) compared to those gentleman barber at $35. But of course the ambiance etc may not be as comparable but i am satisfied everytime
djoker likes this.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #8078

Sure bro, always looking to try out new stuff. If any I think I'd be able to give my opinion on the matte pomade the best, cos I mostly use matte products haha. Not really a user or a fan of gel based or regular pomades but can try and see how it would best work with my hair haha.

actually i can maintain volume with gold digger. sometimes it maybe caused by the thickness of your hair (like alot of hair).

sounds the same to me. gold digger still remains the strongest in my arsenal but also one of the heaviest.
another notable mention would be the clay pomade by baxter, maybe slightly lighter.

been using the matte pomade by byrd, smells damn manly, hold wise i would say maybe a 7-8/10. doesn't tuck hair as much as gold digger. works in alittle slower than gold digger.

sounds very gold digger to me.

i think uevo grey, morris motley etc all does that.

nichsong the new reviewer of the thread haha

keep up the work man!

you wanna review the byrd entire series?

give you my samples. i have yet to touch the light and classic pomade.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #8079
Great Supremacy Member

Sure bro, always looking to try out new stuff. If any I think I'd be able to give my opinion on the matte pomade the best, cos I mostly use matte products haha. Not really a user or a fan of gel based or regular pomades but can try and see how it would best work with my hair haha.
sure, one day find me at tanjong pagar and i pass you what i have.
let you go play and review.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 AM   #8080

My regular barber, always go back every 2-3 weeks. I will request my side for fade and the top and front to trim abit so i can back comb. The uncle does it well... Most of the time i will cut with Ahmad but tried Ali twice also not bad!

$8(Student) compared to those gentleman barber at $35. But of course the ambiance etc may not be as comparable but i am satisfied everytime
Thanks bro for the reply. How is his fade though? Do the fades at the back and sides blend in well? That's my main worry actually, whether barbers are able to blend the fades on the sides and back well into the rest of the hair.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #8081

No comments on the scent? Haha that was the most distinctive thing about scheme creme imo
Smells like my ah gong hair
Old 04-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #8082
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I tried them b4 they are good

Old 04-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #8083

Tried HDF Hybridized Wax today, pretty good. It's similar to Scheme Cream, but it hardens slightly and is easier to wash off my hands.

Overall I like Scheme Cream's more nourishing properties but Hybridized Wax can do in a pinch too.

Seem like HDF's products work well with longer hair.

edit: Maybe it's just MY longer hair. YMMV.

Last edited by dj_flame; 04-08-2016 at 05:12 PM..
Old 04-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #8084
Master Member

tried both

dynamite clay + gold digger + feeling powerpoint spray
and
dynamite clay + morris motley chrome

like the 2nd combi a lot better. hold is strong and pliable throughout the day.

1st combi makes my hair collapse within 3 hours or so. not sure if its the gold digger too heavy or the powerpoint spray. will try again without the powerpoint spray soon.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #8085
Master Member

edit: Maybe it's just MY longer hair. YMMV.
ya i still hate it like vermin
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.