HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #8116

Chiu forgot qb, k cuts and moi personal favourite snip ave

The first and last time i went to snipe avenue the person cut my ear with the razor...
djoker likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 PM   #8117
Supremacy Member

What the style called?
I saw the hair is comb to one side then left or right side of the hair is cut number 1 to half
Old 11-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #8118

What the style called?
I saw the hair is comb to one side then left or right side of the hair is cut number 1 to half

The skrillex?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #8119

Eheh, the design on the tin looks similar to some brands which we have talked about before. And its also "formulated in California". Same like the other brand/s. Shag sia like that. Everyone taking the same route.. Walao. GX bro faster release yr hair product!

Refined is his own product? similar to ubersuave? Saw the matte clay $11 only wtf, confirm MIC
Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #8120
Great Supremacy Member

Eheh, the design on the tin looks similar to some brands which we have talked about before. And its also "formulated in California". Same like the other brand/s. Shag sia like that. Everyone taking the same route.. Walao. GX bro faster release yr hair product!
hahaha lame.. don't want already.

decided to forgo the entire project. haha

they all china made same factor.

malaysia also have those..

simi cola pomade lol. bloody joke
Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #8121
Great Supremacy Member

And you are selling ?
i got some left over stocks and clearing.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #8122

Shag. The people who suffer in the end are the consumers. They have the impression that they paying for seemingly different brands/products but what they are receiving is essentially the same thing.

Same case with the angmoh side. Pete and Pedro, Mister pomp, even Gents and lords i think is from the same lab. And I'm a little suspect of ADH being from that same lab too.

hahaha lame.. don't want already.

decided to forgo the entire project. haha

they all china made same factor.

malaysia also have those..

simi cola pomade lol. bloody joke
Old 11-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #8123

As someone who only has one can of product at a time, I've gone from sponge wax -> gold digger -> bb90 which is about to run out soon.

My stylist recommended me to go for less drying products due to my hair type. Any recommendations?

Usually rocking short-medium to medium hair. Don't do Pomp's or comb back/over kind of look. At most a side sweep to keep things neat haha.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #8124

Anws an update: Just tried Carter Supply Flux again, and kind of confirmed that the added crunchiness/hardness effect that Byrd's matte pomade provides, gives it slightly more endurance than flux. It just might overtake Flux as my fave everyday casual hairstyle product. Will update again!
Old 11-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #8125

If you're looking for a casual side sweep bro, I'd say you might want to take a look at Byrd's Matte pomade or carter supply flux (altho this aint avail in SG yet). These are two that I've tried and found to work for me in terms of more casual looking hairstyles. I did a review earlier for byrd's matte pomade in one of my posts a few days ago. You can check it out, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

PS If you haven't heard of pre styling, you should take a look at sea salt spray as well

As someone who only has one can of product at a time, I've gone from sponge wax -> gold digger -> bb90 which is about to run out soon.

My stylist recommended me to go for less drying products due to my hair type. Any recommendations?

Usually rocking short-medium to medium hair. Don't do Pomp's or comb back/over kind of look. At most a side sweep to keep things neat haha.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:30 PM   #8126

If you're looking for a casual side sweep bro, I'd say you might want to take a look at Byrd's Matte pomade or carter supply flux (altho this aint avail in SG yet). These are two that I've tried and found to work for me in terms of more casual looking hairstyles. I did a review earlier for byrd's matte pomade in one of my posts a few days ago. You can check it out, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

PS If you haven't heard of pre styling, you should take a look at sea salt spray as well
I use shiseido powder shake for pre-styling haha. But I've stopped recently as I find it over kill if I blow dry my hair properly.

Hmm you mentioned crunchy/hardening in your review, I usually prefer it when its pliable. How do you find MM chrome/balm? Do products with shine tend to be less drying?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #8127
Supremacy Member

Shag. The people who suffer in the end are the consumers. They have the impression that they paying for seemingly different brands/products but what they are receiving is essentially the same thing.

Same case with the angmoh side. Pete and Pedro, Mister pomp, even Gents and lords i think is from the same lab. And I'm a little suspect of ADH being from that same lab too.
Common sense leh. New company with ramped up production and no technical expertise...

Of course just repackage OEM products nia.

This is not limited to hair products. For example in SG and mooncakes.. You think all the hotels make the mooncakes themselves or get from the same few factories?

dj_flame likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #8128
Supremacy Member

Is BB90 drying for you? I find that its a pretty decent product.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:35 AM   #8129
Great Supremacy Member

maybe try byrd matte pomade.

might work well for you.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #8130

Defo makes sense what you said! And I have understood this fact even before you shared the post. But my point here is about the average consumers' knowledge regarding these things. What you and I both know, the average consumer does not know. All they see in front of them are different brand names, different packaging, different coloured products and labels which say different things. That is all the information they get. But end up the products being the same thing, this is something they may not know. They'd probably think its two diff products.

For this case, even a person who knows all about hair products may not be able to tell the difference if i packed the same product into two different looking containers, made them a different colour and pasted different labels on them. We'd only be able to find out AFTER paying for them and trying them out.

My concern here is about the effect this OEM thing has on the average consumer, not so much on the fact that so many companies are doing it - The latter which I think me and you, and quite a few of us on this thread already know

Common sense leh. New company with ramped up production and no technical expertise...

Of course just repackage OEM products nia.

This is not limited to hair products. For example in SG and mooncakes.. You think all the hotels make the mooncakes themselves or get from the same few factories?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.