HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #8131

Oh I haven't tried the powder shake, how is it? Haha. As for your question, OK I guess maybe crunchy wouldn't be the right word. I would say more of a slight hardening effect. Like if you've tried By Vilain Dynamite clay before, its a little somewhat like that kind of a feel. Byrd matte definitely is still very pliable(take my word for it), its not like its gonna be stuck there like when u you hairspray. But its that very slight hardening that helps give your hairstyle that extra endurance.

As for MM balm (chrome i haven't tried) I think it works wonderful. But my only slight gripe is that it might lose a little of that endurance in holding your shape when you're out in the sun as the product softens more easily under heat. This results in your hair being softer and it might sag a little. But that being said, it doesn't like totally give up on your hair and fall flat. The product stays in there and you can still reshape and restyle after that without any issues. Alot of people still consider it as the creme of the crop when it comes to matte products haha.

I'd recommend you try out Byrd matte though, I think its a good "starter" if you want to look at firm-medium hold products that give you that casual look

I use shiseido powder shake for pre-styling haha. But I've stopped recently as I find it over kill if I blow dry my hair properly.

Hmm you mentioned crunchy/hardening in your review, I usually prefer it when its pliable. How do you find MM chrome/balm? Do products with shine tend to be less drying?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #8132

Any options for cream products that has a bit of natural shine, provides some hold and acts also like a leave-in conditioner?

So far I can think of
- HDF Scheme Cream
- Carter Supply Elevate
- Organic and Mineral C-paste Fibre: sold at Sephora for $40 @ a large 100ml tub, I really like this
- V76's range of creams (I emailed them, they are not coming to SG anytime soon unfortunately #cries)

Any other options?

Long hair folks chime in please.
Replying to myself.

Blind Barber 60 can work as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #8133
Supremacy Member

Defo makes sense what you said! And I have understood this fact even before you shared the post. But my point here is about the average consumers' knowledge regarding these things. What you and I both know, the average consumer does not know. All they see in front of them are different brand names, different packaging, different coloured products and labels which say different things. That is all the information they get. But end up the products being the same thing, this is something they may not know. They'd probably think its two diff products.

For this case, even a person who knows all about hair products may not be able to tell the difference if i packed the same product into two different looking containers, made them a different colour and pasted different labels on them. We'd only be able to find out AFTER paying for them and trying them out.

My concern here is about the effect this OEM thing has on the average consumer, not so much on the fact that so many companies are doing it - The latter which I think me and you, and quite a few of us on this thread already know
If the consumer is not discerning and buys into hype they will always be victims of hype machines lah

Old 12-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #8134

Absolutely true bro, which is the sad thing. But that's life I guess. Go into anything blur blur sure kena tok. Which is why I was hoping we could have our first local brewer or something haha. Instead of all that "SG Brand but MIC products but ehhh our product formulated in Cali" crap.

If the consumer is not discerning and buys into hype they will always be victims of hype machines lah
Old 12-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #8135

Don't have long hair myself bro. But I've seen some good reviews on Lockhart's hair groom. It's a cream supposedly conditions and treats your hair while giving it some hold and shine.Heard of it? If need to buy let me know, I kai siao one website that has great shipping fee rates (from the USA)

*Update with link*

http://www.lockhartsauthentic.com/hair/hairgroom

Sounds alot like what you're going for man

Replying to myself.

Blind Barber 60 can work as well.

Last edited by nichsong; 12-08-2016 at 12:05 PM..
Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #8136

Thanks nichsong, good to have options as local retail for longer hair is quite the limited experience.

Or you have to shop at the women's section.

There was this time I was the only dude in a crowded sephora section for women's hair conditioners.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #8137

PM-ed you bro, let me know if you received it. Messages not being reflected in my sent items folder despite me checking the box

Thanks nichsong, good to have options as local retail for longer hair is quite the limited experience.

Or you have to shop at the women's section.

There was this time I was the only dude in a crowded sephora section for women's hair conditioners.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #8138
Master Member

PM-ed you bro, let me know if you received it. Messages not being reflected in my sent items folder despite me checking the box
Pm what sia bojio

Old 12-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #8139

Haha the intl website I mentioned to get products with good shipping rates. You want? Haha

Pm what sia bojio
Old 12-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #8140

ha ha ... all same same lah ...
Old 13-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #8141

Is BB90 drying for you? I find that its a pretty decent product.
Not exactly but as my hair is already quite dry to begin with. Guess I'm also interested to see if there's anything better out there
Old 13-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #8142

maybe try byrd matte pomade.

might work well for you.
Oh I haven't tried the powder shake, how is it? Haha. As for your question, OK I guess maybe crunchy wouldn't be the right word. I would say more of a slight hardening effect. Like if you've tried By Vilain Dynamite clay before, its a little somewhat like that kind of a feel. Byrd matte definitely is still very pliable(take my word for it), its not like its gonna be stuck there like when u you hairspray. But its that very slight hardening that helps give your hairstyle that extra endurance.

As for MM balm (chrome i haven't tried) I think it works wonderful. But my only slight gripe is that it might lose a little of that endurance in holding your shape when you're out in the sun as the product softens more easily under heat. This results in your hair being softer and it might sag a little. But that being said, it doesn't like totally give up on your hair and fall flat. The product stays in there and you can still reshape and restyle after that without any issues. Alot of people still consider it as the creme of the crop when it comes to matte products haha.

I'd recommend you try out Byrd matte though, I think its a good "starter" if you want to look at firm-medium hold products that give you that casual look
Thanks for the recommendations. Will think about it!
Old 14-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #8143
Supremacy Member

The skrillex?

Something likel that

Isn't this the trend? Saw many cut like this and put wax gel gao gal one.
Old 14-08-2016, 02:29 AM   #8144
Great Supremacy Member

Something likel that

Isn't this the trend? Saw many cut like this and put wax gel gao gal one.
Sibei Jiao Wei. You like troll all the thread.
Old 14-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #8145
Supremacy Member

Sibei Jiao Wei. You like troll all the thread.
What troll?
I post many here ah?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.