HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #8146
High Supremacy Member

Does anyone have recommendations for pomades with med-high shine and strong hold? Thanks
Old 14-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #8147

Should i grow out the sides or trim it? Been 2.5 weeks since i last trimmed the sides and its already getting long

Last edited by Jun_rui; 14-08-2016 at 04:06 PM..
Old 14-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #8148
Supremacy Member

change a new hairstyle liao bro
Old 14-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #8149

Decided to give MM styling balm a shot after reading g raving reviews.

Also, does anyone else use BB90 as a pre-styling product? It works pretty well for me as one but haven't seen anyone mention it
Old 15-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #8150
Master Member

Any strong hold pomade to recommended? Currently using o boy water based pomade but the hold not very strong
Old 15-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #8151

Any strong hold pomade to recommended? Currently using o boy water based pomade but the hold not very strong
Lol o'boy water based. the ingredient list looks very dodgy and similar to most of the 'local' pomades and i don't think it is home-brewed.

you can try gonzo pomade i guess if you insist on gel-type strong-holds which i don't like.

prefer home-brewed goodness from O'Douds water-based pomade, unorthodoxed water-based and still quite strong hold in my opinion. at least my hair wont crunch up in the day... just my 2 cents worth.
Old 15-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #8152
Master Member

Haha the intl website I mentioned to get products with good shipping rates. You want? Haha
wan wan wan wan!!! why not~~
Old 15-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #8153
Master Member

Lol o'boy water based. the ingredient list looks very dodgy and similar to most of the 'local' pomades and i don't think it is home-brewed.

you can try gonzo pomade i guess if you insist on gel-type strong-holds which i don't like.

prefer home-brewed goodness from O'Douds water-based pomade, unorthodoxed water-based and still quite strong hold in my opinion. at least my hair wont crunch up in the day... just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks! Got this to try.. Hopefully much better

Old 15-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #8154

Was contemplating getting this, let us know how it goes!

djoker likes this.
Old 15-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #8155

Ya same man, was thinking maybe after i finsih my odouds wb i can try this. Let us know hoe it fares!
Old 16-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #8156

Just a question for pomade users who pomp:

Given our climate and the chinese straight af hair, are you able to have every strand neatly set in place and throughout the day?

Understand you can restyle with the right pomade, but I also find either the oil content too much (hello acne) or that there's a crunchy gel-like hardening property, both of which I do not like.

I gave up years ago. Maybe my genetics are cursed to sport messy hairstyles for life.

Let me know, thanks.
Old 16-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #8157
Arch-Supremacy Member

Given our climate and the chinese straight af hair, are you able to have every strand neatly set in place and throughout the day?

Understand you can restyle with the right pomade, but I also find either the oil content too much (hello acne) or that there's a crunchy gel-like hardening property, both of which I do not like.

I gave up years ago. Maybe my genetics are cursed to sport messy hairstyles for life.

Let me know, thanks.
It depends actually. For me it's a hit and miss. Some days i can get it high, some days it'll flop, some days it'll stay the same shap without restyling

Old 16-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #8158

Let me know, thanks.
You are right about the 2 'types' of pomade, i don't suppose you can find one that is neither. So i guess you gotta pick which you dislike less? I personally hate crunchy hair so i make do with 'oilier' water-based pomades, which in my opinion hold really well, its not the crunchy kind of hold but more of the sticky kind of hold.

I don't pomp it up coz i prefer the standard low-fade/long trim executive contour. Easier to style, easier to maintain and looks more business-like and professional imo. That's just for my line of work but obviously you can pomp it up too if it suits your line of work. Hope this helps!
Old 16-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #8159

That's just for my line of work but obviously you can pomp it up too if it suits your line of work. Hope this helps!
Nah I kinda rock the Andrea Pirlo, sans the facial hair.

I don't even use pomades, clays or gels anymore - just simply rub grooming lotion/cream into the ends and the strands for moisture. Somedays I will even just towel dry my hair a bit and go out the door with no product.
Old 16-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #8160

Nah I kinda rock the Andrea Pirlo, sans the facial hair.

I don't even use pomades, clays or gels anymore - just simply rub grooming lotion/cream into the ends and the strands for moisture. Somedays I will even just towel dry my hair a bit and go out the door with no product.
Wah thats actually the kind of hairstyle i wanna have but can't have man. If it makes you feel better hahaha 😂😂
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.