HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #8191

Same price as morris? Where to find 40 sgd morris?
I buy straight from the source - because my little sister works in Melbourne.

But then i opened it and damn what a moat
But still quite a lot right...

O ya djf may i request pics for kgravel? They didnt have tester there (((((
Try ION or Taka. ION has every single product, even HDF.

K-Gravel looks alot like Oreo Mcflurry lolol.
cherryboom likes this.
Old 21-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #8192

Btw deaththeorist what are your thoughts on C-Fibre?
Old 21-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #8193

Share your views after using the balm!
He is mailing it out on tmr so hopefully i get it by thursday
Old 21-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #8194
Master Member

Btw deaththeorist what are your thoughts on C-Fibre?
Scent isnt unpleasant. Abit like suntan lotion, very aussie for them to choose this scent haha. Was at vivo then smelled as tho we went to sentosa LOL

Its like a scheme cream but more hold imo. The shine is about the same as scheme cream but the texture is slightly thicker. When you smack ur fingers together really can see the fiber effect.

Waaa i cant wait to try the kgravel. For the amount i think its a very good price. I think both products should work well together too

dj_flame likes this.
Old 21-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #8195
Master Member

Thanks for your reply bro. I've done straightening and colouring. Unfortunately it seems damaged now.

Can provide a link or pic for the products you mentioned? Thanks.
eh... ntuc can find both

Last edited by deaththeorist; 22-08-2016 at 02:57 AM..
Old 22-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #8196
Supremacy Member

eh... ntuc can find both
if no pic, how to find???
Old 22-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #8197

Anybody have the problem of having ur hair being too soft and having too much moisture a few hours after styling? Somedays my hair falls flat in the day due to this. Will sea salt spray make my hair "harder" so it wont fall flat?

Last edited by Jun_rui; 23-08-2016 at 07:18 PM..
Old 23-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #8198

Anybody have the problem of having ur hair being too soft and having to much moisture a few hours after styling? Somedays my hair falls flat in the day due to this. Will sea salt spray make my hair "harder" so it wont fall flat?

You got that one pretty much spot on, in the sense that its

1: Moisture from the humidity in our climate (+ the oils, sweat etc because of it)
2: The fact that most of our hair types are fine and straight (and hence cannot take much weight)

That contributes to the overall weight (styling product included)

SSS defo helps in the sense that it absorbs most of that extra moisture (hence reduces the weight) and keeps your hair that way throughout the day. Hence u get a hairstyle that is more enduring overall.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:20 PM   #8199

made a maiden trip to Red Panther Barber Stylist at Upper Serangoon. Uncle Ali cut my hair, asked for a low taper fade on the back and sides, with a slight trim on the top, got what i wanted, in around 15 - 20 mins. No frills, $9 (gave him $10 and asked him to keep the change) and this guy (uncle Ali) knows his ****. It was on a Sunday morning around 1030am, there was already a queue of 2 people before me and once I sat down to get my hair cut till the time I was done, I reckon the queue became like 6 people (mainly pri school kids wanting to get their hair cut). Will be back again next month, probably in the weekday evenings though, after work so it will hopefully be less crowded.
darthsid11111 likes this.
Old 24-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #8200

Whoever recommended Lockhart Hair Groom to me, thanks!

It works well, just apply a dab and massage into hair and I'm good to go. The shine only lasts for the first hour and it dies down into a healthy satin glow later on.

My only gripe is that since it's basically wax and oil, applying too much will flatten and weigh my hair down. I will experiment over the weekend by cocktailing Hair Groom with a dash of sea salt spray - hopefully it will be perfect as the salt's dryness will counterbalance the grease.

I also carry the tub in my workbag as a moisturizer for calluses on my palms. #metrosexual
Old 24-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #8201

Whoever recommended Lockhart Hair Groom to me, thanks!

It works well, just apply a dab and massage into hair and I'm good to go. The shine only lasts for the first hour and it dies down into a healthy satin glow later on.

My only gripe is that since it's basically wax and oil, applying too much will flatten and weigh my hair down. I will experiment over the weekend by cocktailing Hair Groom with a dash of sea salt spray - hopefully it will be perfect as the salt's dryness will counterbalance the grease.

I also carry the tub in my workbag as a moisturizer for calluses on my palms. #metrosexual

Wah bro thanks for not remembering ah. Hahaha glad to hear the product works great. Read that its supposed to be a treatment product as well hence the mostursing properties. SSS should work well to counterbalance!
Old 24-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #8202

Wah bro thanks for not remembering ah. Hahaha glad to hear the product works great. Read that its supposed to be a treatment product as well hence the mostursing properties. SSS should work well to counterbalance!
Hey thanks!

Tbh I rather use Scheme Cream or C-Fibre as Hair Groom works too well as a leave-in conditioner, but it's still very good overall. I definitely recommend this for women hair. And it can also double up as a remedy for dry, cracked skin e.g. heels, palms etc.
Old 24-08-2016, 06:16 PM   #8203

You can use any hair cream as shaving cream also man. Works both ways
dj_flame likes this.
Old 24-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #8204

You can use any hair cream as shaving cream also man. Works both ways
Tbh, I have that hairless Chinese genes so a cheap can of Nivea shaving foam can last me a year.

Edit: I'm not always AMDK lolol and certainly can't use shaving foam for hair.....

Last edited by dj_flame; 24-08-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Old 24-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #8205
Master Member

Tbh, I have that hairless Chinese genes so a cheap can of Nivea shaving foam can last me a year.

Edit: I'm not always AMDK lolol and certainly can't use shaving foam for hair.....
Nivea has shaving foam? Never see before sia!

Lawl i jus use water nia. Army that time mates teach one LOL

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.