HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #8221

Aiyo i went ion sephora also dun have k gravel. Not fated LOL

but i saw that hdf changed their quicksand. Now green colour one.

And gravity paste as an extremely strong mint scent. Like some extra strong mentos.
I think the greenish quick sand is like last year stocks. There was quite a bit of hoo ha regarding it on qoo10 back then. Can check the manufacturing date at the bottom, probably that's why they use it as tester since old stock.

Last edited by sansanjikikut; 27-08-2016 at 03:57 AM..
Old 27-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #8222
Master Member

I think the greenish quick sand is like last year stocks. There was quite a bit of hoo ha regarding it on qoo10 back then. Can check the manufacturing date at the bottom, probably that's why they use it as tester since old stock.
every single quicksand was green. date was jan this year
Old 28-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #8223
Supremacy Member

bought the matte paste from TGR

finally found a solution to my problem, the hold is fantastic and pliability is great

price is reasonable at 20 as well
Old 28-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #8224

bought the matte paste from TGR

finally found a solution to my problem, the hold is fantastic and pliability is great

price is reasonable at 20 as well

Which matte paste is this? Haha
Old 28-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #8225

Anybody tried Black Label Craft Clay how does it compared to Byvilain Dynamite Clay.Im deciding between this 2.
Old 28-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #8226
Supremacy Member

Which matte paste is this? Haha
it's just called matte paste, it's from TGR
Old 28-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #8227

it's just called matte paste, it's from TGR

Oh! TGR is a local barbershop right. The tin being used as packaging looks strangely familiar. @those familiar with the MIC saga, do take a look. Haha I have a feeling its the same product.
gaoxing84 and djoker like this.
Old 28-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #8228

Anybody tried Black Label Craft Clay how does it compared to Byvilain Dynamite Clay.Im deciding between this 2.

Get dynamite clay. Tried and tested product to work well in our weather. Dont get black label craft clay. Its freaking hard to wash off.
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 29-08-2016, 02:16 AM   #8229
Master Member

Oh! TGR is a local barbershop right. The tin being used as packaging looks strangely familiar. @those familiar with the MIC saga, do take a look. Haha I have a feeling its the same product.
Daaaaimmmm same exact tin hahaha. But the insides look very diff. Seems like very similar to the blumaan product.

Come to think of it... The hdf gravity paste might be the same thing as blumaan. Now that i recall it kinda smelled and felt the same. Didn't actually apply on hair tho, feel feel with fingers only.

djoker likes this.
Old 29-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #8230
Supremacy Member

ya the local shop, works well for me so I'm not really bothered

washes off easily as well
Old 29-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #8231

And gravity paste as an extremely strong mint scent. Like some extra strong mentos.
Daaaaimmmm same exact tin hahaha. But the insides look very diff. Seems like very similar to the blumaan product.

Come to think of it... The hdf gravity paste might be the same thing as blumaan. Now that i recall it kinda smelled and felt the same. Didn't actually apply on hair tho, feel feel with fingers only.
Gravity Paste smells like Colgate to me.

I don't think it's the same though. Blumaan doesn't come out of the jar as easily as Gravity Paste.
Old 29-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #8232
Master Member

Gravity Paste smells like Colgate to me.

I don't think it's the same though. Blumaan doesn't come out of the jar as easily as Gravity Paste.
YA!! both like colgate! haha!

i'd like to think that perhaps your blumaan is one of those that dried out a bit? remember there was the saga where they couldnt be bothered with using a proper sealing lid.
Old 29-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #8233

Yaaaaas bro. I read somewhere online that Original by blumaan and HDF gravity paste have almost identical ingredient lists. Although I haven't compared the lists myself, I wouldn't write that off as they look, feel, smell and perform almost exactly the same. I got a feeling that the lab which cooks both brand's products are one and the same. Won't ignore the fact that both products were released within months of each other.

My theory: Final formulation of the product was already set and ready to be distributed by the lab during that period. The different release dates might have been due to minor differences between the brands' demands for the product / or an attempt to not release one product at too close a date to the other - which might potentially affect sales.

Besides the ingredients list, I think the products have one other thing in common: They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #8234
Great Supremacy Member

Yaaaaas bro. I read somewhere online that Original by blumaan and HDF gravity paste have almost identical ingredient lists. Although I haven't compared the lists myself, I wouldn't write that off as they look, feel, smell and perform almost exactly the same. I got a feeling that the lab which cooks both brand's products are one and the same. Won't ignore the fact that both products were released within months of each other.

My theory: Final formulation of the product was already set and ready to be distributed by the lab during that period. The different release dates might have been due to minor differences between the brands' demands for the product / or an attempt to not release one product at too close a date to the other - which might potentially affect sales.

Besides the ingredients list, I think the products have one other thing in common: They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.
when i smell the gravity paste, i thought of blumaan.

pretty much disappointing to many people but there are people who likes it.

goes to show that different product fits the bill for different people.

so slowly try and get the one you actually like.
Old 29-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #8235

They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.
Seems like both products only work for angmoh hair.

Worse?

The over-$30 price tag. There are way better options at the price.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.