HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #8236
Master Member

Yaaaaas bro. I read somewhere online that Original by blumaan and HDF gravity paste have almost identical ingredient lists. Although I haven't compared the lists myself, I wouldn't write that off as they look, feel, smell and perform almost exactly the same. I got a feeling that the lab which cooks both brand's products are one and the same. Won't ignore the fact that both products were released within months of each other.

My theory: Final formulation of the product was already set and ready to be distributed by the lab during that period. The different release dates might have been due to minor differences between the brands' demands for the product / or an attempt to not release one product at too close a date to the other - which might potentially affect sales.

Besides the ingredients list, I think the products have one other thing in common: They both disappoint. For myself, and for quite alot of people based on what I see online.
I think it is extremely probable that the lab simply pushed hdf and blumaan the formula and they readily accepted. It is well known that the founders of both brands aren't trained in hair. (blumaan kids obviously, and hdf said in an interview/demo that all 3 co founders aren't hair ppl)

Old 29-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #8237
Master Member

Seems like both products only work for angmoh hair.

Worse?

The over-$30 price tag. There are way better options at the price.
Wl still cant find k gravel... Hahaha. Full review soon leh! U got samples home right?

Btw does kgravel and cpaste smell the same?

Old 29-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #8238

Wl still cant find k gravel... Hahaha. Full review soon leh! U got samples home right?

Btw does kgravel and cpaste smell the same?
Try Taka, I got my Kgravel sample there. CPaste's coconut oil has a stronger smell.
Old 29-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #8239

Seems like both products only work for angmoh hair.

Worse?

The over-$30 price tag. There are way better options at the price.

Yeap. To be fair I find some of HDF' offerings to be pretty unique, like quicksand maybe. So far its the only product I've tried that works the way it does (Gives the same effect as a SSS). The only drawback is that it tends to dry out your hair like SSS does too when used over a long period of time.

As for Blumaan, I think what they're actually selling is Joe's youtube popularity. Product wise, it definitely isn't the holy grail of hair products like how it was all hyped up to be. It claimed to work well for people of all types and lengths of hair. Its when you hype it up like that, couple it with Joe's popularity, and the product disappoints in the end.. This is what happens la. A large group of pple not satisfied. It definitely doesn't work well at all for people with fine/straight hair from what I have gathered thus far. Like what you mentioned, there are many products within that price range or even lesser that work far better.
Old 29-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #8240

I think it is extremely probable that the lab simply pushed hdf and blumaan the formula and they readily accepted. It is well known that the founders of both brands aren't trained in hair. (blumaan kids obviously, and hdf said in an interview/demo that all 3 co founders aren't hair ppl)

Agreed.. A pity it couldn't even work decently for our hair type. If it was at least on par with other top notch products in terms of endurance and hold, I wouldn't foresee as many complaints. Cos if the product works, it works and if it so happens the product was marketed well, even better. If it doens't work but yet the product was all mega, ultra hyped up.. Consumers would feel "cheated" after purchasing and trying it out. That's how it works though. We are a results driven world. For the most part.
Old 29-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #8241
Master Member

Agreed.. A pity it couldn't even work decently for our hair type. If it was at least on par with other top notch products in terms of endurance and hold, I wouldn't foresee as many complaints. Cos if the product works, it works and if it so happens the product was marketed well, even better. If it doens't work but yet the product was all mega, ultra hyped up.. Consumers would feel "cheated" after purchasing and trying it out. That's how it works though. We are a results driven world. For the most part.
The worst was the manufactured hype..... Totally didn't come up to par

Old 29-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #8242
Great Supremacy Member

Yeap. To be fair I find some of HDF' offerings to be pretty unique, like quicksand maybe. So far its the only product I've tried that works the way it does (Gives the same effect as a SSS). The only drawback is that it tends to dry out your hair like SSS does too when used over a long period of time.

As for Blumaan, I think what they're actually selling is Joe's youtube popularity. Product wise, it definitely isn't the holy grail of hair products like how it was all hyped up to be. It claimed to work well for people of all types and lengths of hair. Its when you hype it up like that, couple it with Joe's popularity, and the product disappoints in the end.. This is what happens la. A large group of pple not satisfied. It definitely doesn't work well at all for people with fine/straight hair from what I have gathered thus far. Like what you mentioned, there are many products within that price range or even lesser that work far better.
lololol

marketing............

they will kan you say u don't know how to use
Old 29-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #8243

10 characterszzzz

Last edited by humanrace; 29-08-2016 at 08:14 PM..
Old 29-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #8244

lololol

marketing............

they will kan you say u don't know how to use

Hahaha ya, their countermeasure was to ask us to rub slow slow on the palm first remember. As ridiculous as it might have sounded, it made the application process easier - but still doesn't take away the fact that the product didn't work well in the hair afterward. (at least for me)

But.. after all that talk. I did see Joe post a survey online in the Blumaan group, asking about how we felt the product could be improved. So there might be a chance of a product reformulation in the future. Let's see!
Old 29-08-2016, 09:09 PM   #8245

The worst was the manufactured hype..... Totally didn't come up to par

Yeah bro. I pre-ordered two jars. The marketing was that good - of course I did follow Joe and his videos for quite awhile already so had alot of faith in the product. Was disappointed to say the very least.
Old 29-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #8246

Yeah bro. I pre-ordered two jars. The marketing was that good - of course I did follow Joe and his videos for quite awhile already so had alot of faith in the product. Was disappointed to say the very least.
It was definately overhyped and they overpromised. I dont think its possible for a product to hold every type of hair for the whole day while remaining pliable and even be used as a pre styler.
Old 30-08-2016, 12:42 AM   #8247

Gravity paste came out first so... Maybe that explains why blumaan was 'delayed".
Old 30-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #8248
Master Member

It was definately overhyped and they overpromised. I dont think its possible for a product to hold every type of hair for the whole day while remaining pliable and even be used as a pre styler.

was disappointed as well. end up go back to my trusty morris motley
Old 30-08-2016, 10:27 PM   #8249

Was looking around online and read the MM Chrome has more hold and endurance as compared to the balm. Anyone can confirm this? Haha
Old 31-08-2016, 01:54 AM   #8250
Master Member

Gravity paste came out first so... Maybe that explains why blumaan was 'delayed".
Oooo maybe sia....

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.