HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #8281
Supremacy Member

there's where sea salt spray or any volumiser comes in.

if you blow dry your hair the right way and with the right amount of gold digger, it can work wonders.

your hair too long la.
what does sea salt spray do to ur hair??

any recommendation for sea spray or volumiser. i nvr tried them before.

what i do is sometimes use 2 products as combination... eg. Tu-re for its strong hold and a little of Osis+ wax for its shine & finishing

i find the end result of combining 2 products usually better than jus 1 clay/wax alone

to prevent using too much and weighing my hair down, i use a tiny bit of each product only
Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #8282
Supremacy Member

can any buddies recommend me a good volumiser or sea salt spray
Old 02-09-2016, 10:59 AM   #8283
Master Member

Any comments? I find it hard to keep it at this shape for long, will a SSS help?

I'm terrible at styling
Old 02-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #8284

my hair is those coarse looking type, but its actually quite fine & limp. hence i need those strong hold wax/clay... tried those medium hold doesnt work at all for me
What you need is a strong hold AND lightweight product, because fine hair will be weighed down by something heavy e.g Gold Digger.

I also see you're thinking of using sea salt spray, good choice.

Sea salt sprays and prestyling products (can be a lotion, mousse, gel, powder) etc are generally applied to damp hair before blow-drying.

When combined with the heat and air pressure of blow-drying what prestylers do is to create texture and an initial foundation, and the hot air helps push the roots in the direction you want the hair to go. Also prestylers are very usually lightweight so hair is not weighed down.

If you're doing this correctly your hair will become huge & puffy. Finish off by using the wax/clay/pomade/whatever of your choice to sculpt and control the huge mess on your hair into whatever you like, then add more hold with hairspray if you like.

Vid on how to blowdry -

Caveat: hairspray locks and hardens hair, so it's NOT recommended for more flexible casual hairstyles.

In the end you get the best of both worlds - huge weightless volume that is reinforced with strong hold wax and hairspray. Don't forget tt's always better to blowdry hair to a huge puffy shape and then tame down the volume with a wax/clay, THAN to use wax/clay to boost volume.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQG0IAKxHb/ - Morris Motley's instagram post as reference, they echo my thoughts on creating big volume first then use product to tame it into shape.

can any buddies recommend me a good volumiser or sea salt spray
There's KMS spray, OS spray, REF 323 spray, Sidekick by Vilian, and tons of others sold online.

Google "buy sea salt spray singapore" and you'll be given a plethora of products.

Forum members also run hairbroducts and theprettyjerk - they sell salt sprays too.

Or you can make your own - search YouTube for tutorials.

Tl;dr
  • Get sea salt spray
  • Get blowdryer
  • Learn how to use blowdryer and salt spray on damp hair, then apply wax to blown-dried hair
  • Profit

i find the end result of combining 2 products usually better than jus 1 clay/wax alone

to prevent using too much and weighing my hair down, i use a tiny bit of each product only
Good stuff, you're doing what is commonly called cocktailing and it will work especially for looks with a shine finish.

Last edited by dj_flame; 02-09-2016 at 11:51 AM..
Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #8285
Master Member

Best $120 I ever spent.
@dj_flame: what type of perm did you get? for short hair like mine, how long do you feel the perm can last ah?

anyway, recommend dynamite clay to use as pre-styler great product to use. been using OS sea salt spray also which works wonders.

my routine now:

while damp hair:
apply dynamite clay
use OS sea salt spray
use comb to roughly shape my hair

blowdry with low speed high heat, with head upside down. adds a lot of volume for me. hair will be super puffy after this.

then apply mm chrome and shape my hair
spray feeling powerpoint hairspray

hair is able to stay in shape for a good 10~12 hours. only have to make minor adjustments once or twice throughout the day. however that may be because i got relatively short hair compared to many here. hair only about 3~4 inches.

Last edited by fullguard; 02-09-2016 at 12:13 PM..
Old 02-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #8286

Just curious, how long must your fringe be to achieve Justin Timberland kind of hairstyle + which products to use?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #8287

@dj_flame: what type of perm did you get? for short hair like mine, how long do you feel the perm can last ah?
I took some angmoh pictures and ask for something similar and natural looking.

My perm last about 4 months, 3 time a year.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #8288

Funny
Old 02-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #8289

Best place to get gold villain travel size?
Old 02-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #8290
Great Supremacy Member

Best place to get gold villain travel size?
buy the original tub. travel size not worth it, hard to dig out cause its small as hell
Old 02-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #8291
Great Supremacy Member

any recommendation for sea spray or volumiser. i nvr tried them before.

what i do is sometimes use 2 products as combination... eg. Tu-re for its strong hold and a little of Osis+ wax for its shine & finishing

it gives your hair volume, your hair will be poofy instead of flat after blow dry.
works best with wax on it.

my hair can stay longer with sss compared without sss.

just SSS and wax/clay/whatever products, you can skip hair spray though.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #8292
Supremacy Member

Just curious, how long must your fringe be to achieve Justin Timberland kind of hairstyle + which products to use?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #8293
Master Member

It's true, i am the timber

Old 02-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #8294
Supremacy Member

It's true, i am the timber
it's true, i am the land....
Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #8295
Supremacy Member

It's true. I'm the timber plus the land.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.