HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #8956
Master Member

Just tried out Uevo Green that I got from GX bro, and have got to say that I'm impressed! Despite what they describe about it having a 7/10 rating for shine, it's actually a really neutral, natural finish as compared to Uevo Grey having a dry matte finish. As of now, somehow found the experience to be better as compared to Uevo Grey, but too early to say as my hair is still relatively short (just cut).

But for the matter, did not use any pre-styler (again might change when my hair is longer). What I did was emulsify product into hands, and then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip like how most youtube videos recommend. I have found this method to be more effective for our hair type. Will update again as my hair grows, and will prolly post a full review of Uevo Green then too
You said "then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip", do you mean only apply to the outer hair length (those hair people can see). From root inner hair that other people unable to see area is it nothing applied? Maybe if you free do a video teach.

You say Green experience better than Grey means what? Green holding power is it better?

Last edited by super365; 03-02-2017 at 11:03 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 10:59 PM   #8957
Master Member

I am currently using Uevo grey i find the scent too strong. Prefer not so much scent kind or no scent.

Morris motley chrome or Vantachi scent is it lesser scent smell or more faster disappear after applying, than Uevo grey scent?

Last edited by super365; 03-02-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #8958
Great Supremacy Member

I am currently using Uevo grey i find the scent too strong. Prefer not so much scent kind or no scent.

Morris motley chrome or Vantachi scent is it lesser scent smell or more faster disappear after applying, than Uevo grey scent?
all quite strong.

you want no scent abit hard.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 PM   #8959

You said "then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip", do you mean only apply to the outer hair length (those hair people can see). From root inner hair that other people unable to see area is it nothing applied? Maybe if you free do a video teach.

You say Green experience better than Grey means what? Green holding power is it better?

Haha I won't be doing a video to demo. Basically, scrunching referring to grabbing sections of your hair instead of throughly applying from root to tip, like how it is commonly taught. Yes, I kind of felt Green worked better than Grey in terms of holding my style, and its endurance. But now that my hair is longer, I start to see results which are abit more like how I had with Grey(did a review on Grey some time back). Tho I've got very fine hair in general, so I have difficulty with alot of products. I've deduced that Uevo's strength come from its ability to "fixate" and harden, and in that sense it works very much like hairspray. The product will work best as a post styler, after pre styling to give your hair the basic structure first - thats if you have longer hair. Or at least for fine haired folk like me haha. Make no mistake though, its still a solid product in my opinion.

Last edited by nichsong; 03-02-2017 at 11:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #8960

To me scent does not really matter to me.. As long as the product performs well. Unless it is wayyy too overpowering. And yeah what Gx bro said. All aforementioned have scents and u can smell them throughout the day, to a certain extent.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #8961
Master Member

Uevo Grey, Morris motley chrome, Vantachi scent does people sitting next to me smell it or only myself smell it?

I sit beside other people (pompadour/undercut style I think sure got apply some hair products) on train like never smell anything, I wonder what they apply?

Last time I use Gatsby styling gel, spray, smell like not so strong than Uevo.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #8962

guys, i just bought reuzel grooming tonic and had a go with it.

in my personal opinion, its performance is top notch, smells like apple cedar.

Of the 3 sprays i have used, i would rate reuzel , sidekick n byrd sss.

Rated reuzel over sidekick simply because of the smell but holding power and the ability to give definition, they are roughly on par.

byrd is quite a no go

U all may consider reuzel one if you are sian of sidekick
Old 04-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #8963
Great Supremacy Member

^ there are always many others volumiser around haha
Old 04-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #8964
Great Supremacy Member

Uevo Grey, Morris motley chrome, Vantachi scent does people sitting next to me smell it or only myself smell it?

I sit beside other people (pompadour/undercut style I think sure got apply some hair products) on train like never smell anything, I wonder what they apply?

lol they cannot smell you one la omg.

as the day goes, the scent will be gone too
Old 04-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #8965

GX bro
Bought some stuff from yr shop but tracking number provided cannot be found.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #8966
Great Supremacy Member

GX bro
Bought some stuff from yr shop but tracking number provided cannot be found.
Smartpac the system abit weird.
Not sure why always not updated.
But don't worry. If you're not home to collect. It will be placed into the mail box if there's space.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #8967

More likely you'll be more conscious of your own scent rather than others.. Bro actually u seem a little too particular on the very minute, unnecessary details. Try not to think too much about it or let it affect you.. Could develop into an unhealthy disorder, possibly OCD.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #8968

guys, i just bought reuzel grooming tonic and had a go with it.

in my personal opinion, its performance is top notch, smells like apple cedar.

Of the 3 sprays i have used, i would rate reuzel , sidekick n byrd sss.

Rated reuzel over sidekick simply because of the smell but holding power and the ability to give definition, they are roughly on par.

byrd is quite a no go

U all may consider reuzel one if you are sian of sidekick

You've tried the Byrd salt sorat? Haha awesome. And I've read about Reuzel grooming topic haha.. provides same hold as sidekick? Sounds interesting. what about the weight though?
Old 04-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #8969

You've tried the Byrd salt sorat? Haha awesome. And I've read about Reuzel grooming topic haha.. provides same hold as sidekick? Sounds interesting. what about the weight though?
haha, i am not a fan of the byrd spray. plus the smell is a huge turnoff-- that coconut makes u smell like an indian. i mean no offence to the indian community. Unless coconut is ur thing, i wonlt recommend it.

i personally feel that reuzel is slightly heavier than sidekick but despite that, there is hold and i am able to see my hair structure after blow-drying with it- i wonlt rate it as a must have like morris motley, BUT i think it is good enough as a pre styler
Old 04-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #8970
Master Member

lol they cannot smell you one la omg.

as the day goes, the scent will be gone too
Did you mean if I apply the hair product on my hair, only I can smell because the hair product on my hair scent only strong enough to reach my nose, nearby people do not smell it?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.