i found it
Old 12-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #9032

thanks bro
i found it
Wah how much do their products cost? Haha
Old 12-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #9033

Wah how much do their products cost? Haha
haha i did not buy. i just went to scout since i was in town

i got a feel it will be at least 35bucks and above simply cos being a salon exclusive product, the salon would have already mark up the price. just like how toni n guy marked up the craft clay. 50 plus zzz.

if u r interested to buy a tub, the salon is hairbyduo. opened by Dexter Ng. maybe you can be the first tester HAHA and share ur experience

Last edited by losthopeguy; 12-02-2017 at 09:51 PM..
Old 12-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #9034

haha i did not buy. i just went to scout since i was in town

i got a feel it will be at least 35bucks and above simply cos being a salon exclusive product, the salon would have already mark up the price. just like how toni n guy marked up the craft clay. 50 plus zzz.

if u r interested to buy a tub, the salon is hairbyduo. opened by Dexter Ng. maybe you can be the first tester HAHA and share ur experience

Mai la I think I've spent enough on hair products over the past 2+ years LOL. Unless its a absolute game changer/able to perform well in our weather, I won't be purchasing any more new products for now
Old 12-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #9035

Hmm since pliable hold means can adjust, would pliable hold products be better suited for beginners? Just starting to get into styling my hair and worried the fixated hold of Uevo will make my hair look very stiff and unnatural?

It really comes down to personal preference bro. Even tho Uevo has a "fixated" hold, it can still be adjusted through the day. MM tends to let your hair settle naturally yet still maintaining the structure and volume. It's a different aesthetic and both should be appreciated hahah
Old 12-02-2017, 10:53 PM   #9036

It really comes down to personal preference bro. Even tho Uevo has a "fixated" hold, it can still be adjusted through the day. MM tends to let your hair settle naturally yet still maintaining the structure and volume. It's a different aesthetic and both should be appreciated hahah
Hmm sounds like MM is more my style. Cause I prefer the slightly looser more natural feel though I just cut my hair q short, only touching my eyebrows. But the price though ( abit steep for a newbie like me. My hair is the v straight no volume kind would MM weigh it down too much? If only both had travel size/sample size can try w/o paying full price :/

Last edited by themlpx; 12-02-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 12-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #9037

Hmm sounds like MM is more my style. Cause I prefer the slightly looser more natural feel though I just cut my hair q short, only touching my eyebrows. But the price though ( abit steep for a newbie like me. My hair is the v straight no volume kind would MM weigh it down too much? If only both had travel size/sample size can try w/o paying full price :/

In that case, go for MM balm, the matte finish one. Trust me brother its worth the money. You've gotta look at the price per once as well. Its 3.52 oz which is alot more than products like HDF for example which are about 2.2 oz?

Anws if your budget doesn't permit, you can always go for other products I always recommend By Vilain Dynamite Clay. Also, you could try out Indians Molding Clay, I personally love that product. I've got straight and fine hair as well
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:57 AM   #9038

In that case, go for MM balm, the matte finish one. Trust me brother its worth the money. You've gotta look at the price per once as well. Its 3.52 oz which is alot more than products like HDF for example which are about 2.2 oz?

Anws if your budget doesn't permit, you can always go for other products I always recommend By Vilain Dynamite Clay. Also, you could try out Indians Molding Clay, I personally love that product. I've got straight and fine hair as well
True true just calculated the cost of uevo if it was the same size as MM. only $10 diff doesn't seem so bad now! Will give MM a go bro. Anw thanks man you've helped a lot. Appreciate it

Update: Literally just coped MM! Used registered mail too hope can get it before friday HAHA have belated vday dinner xD

Last edited by themlpx; 13-02-2017 at 01:09 AM..
Old 13-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #9039

True true just calculated the cost of uevo if it was the same size as MM. only $10 diff doesn't seem so bad now! Will give MM a go bro. Anw thanks man you've helped a lot. Appreciate it

Update: Literally just coped MM! Used registered mail too hope can get it before friday HAHA have belated vday dinner xD

Gratz bro, you've just ordered what I feel (And alot of people do too) to be prolly the top matte hair product on the market at the moment, enjoy!
Old 13-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #9040
Great Supremacy Member

Buy from who lolol.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #9041

Buy from who lolol.
From your site bro!
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #9042

What brand of hair gel are you using? Gel provides a good fixated hold, but tends to look really wet and stiff. Most modern waxes geared towards the salon market are more towards the natural sheen/matte finish. I think you're good with By Vilain though. You'll realise that you'll need much lesser finishing product once you use sea salt spray. But if there are other matte finish products you wish to explore, I'd recommend trying out Morris Motley Styling Balm like what GX has recommended, if you can fit it into your budget. Otherwise, you can take a look at leejhong bro's recommendations Most of his products work really well with our hair type and climate
I used Follow Me gel, okay leh can hold and looks nice when dry, wind blow also cannot go down lol.

But I'm quite sick of the super wet look already.

I can't wait for the sea salt spray and test test abit first with my Gatsby cheapo wax and see whether nice anot, if not I think l will get the MM chrome instead since I like bling bling hair. Are there any shops that actually sell this? cheap pls

Also I'm thinking of getting a round comb to go along with the spray + blow dry for super volume, is it really needed?

Last question, must I really not shampoo everyday? How you all live by not doing doing that... so oily.

Last edited by xPrecision; 13-02-2017 at 01:12 PM..
Old 13-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #9043
Great Supremacy Member

From your site bro!
sweet bro. haha thank you for your support

Old 13-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #9044
Great Supremacy Member

I used Follow Me gel, okay leh can hold and looks nice when dry, wind blow also cannot go down lol.

I can't wait for the sea salt spray and test test abit first with my Gatsby cheapo wax and see whether nice anot, if not I think l will get the MM chrome instead since I like bling bling hair. Are there any shops that actually sell this? cheap pls

Also I'm thinking of getting a round comb to go along with the spray + blow dry for super volume, is it really needed?

Last question, must I really not shampoo everyday? How you all live by not doing doing that... so oily.
MM chrome now on offer, $42, should fit your quite well, since you want blong bling hair.

shampoo EVERYDAY, pls, we not in a country where we have 4 seasons.
SG hot and humid + we live in a city, dirt and grime is going to build up.

personal hygiene tops any hair style man
Old 13-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #9045

For MM Chrome or Balm, the prices are controlled at $45 (GX bro currently has a lobang at $42 for chrome) so there's no cheaper than that. It used to cost $55. For big brands producing quality products, prices tend to be fixed and understandably so.

Regarding the round brush, I honestly feel that it is optional. Only get it if you can spare the time to really do precision styling. Otherwise, a blowdryer is good enough.

Regarding Shampooing, you have to understand our climate. We live in a very hot and humid country, so dirt and sweat etc accumulate and form on our scalp much more as compared to western countries. Add styling product on top of that, thats alot of buildup. So its definitely recommended to shampoo once everyday. Possibly in the evening/at the end of your day.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.