HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #9346

Looking for Male Haircut Model~

Looking for guys who are available to be a hair model for a haircut on 18th Apr, 3 pm in Singapore~ Must be able to commit. Please PM me if you are interested or anyone you know who are interested. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #9347

Hi guys. I have been going to snip avenue to cut my hair recently and they have been telling me that my hair is oily and so on. I bought their shampoo and I can see that it is effective. But they told me in the next session that the top part of my hair has oily scalp and it prevents the inner hair from growing. They recommended me treatment that would remove that oily scalp but it will cost around sgd50.00 plus. Did anyone face the same problem and which product or shampoo do you use ? And anyone has went for the treatment before and is it really effective? Thanks!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #9348

Hi guys. I have been going to snip avenue to cut my hair recently and they have been telling me that my hair is oily and so on. I bought their shampoo and I can see that it is effective. But they told me in the next session that the top part of my hair has oily scalp and it prevents the inner hair from growing. They recommended me treatment that would remove that oily scalp but it will cost around sgd50.00 plus. Did anyone face the same problem and which product or shampoo do you use ? And anyone has went for the treatment before and is it really effective? Thanks!
Tbh bro there's no such thing as a "cure" for oily scalp. If that's how they tried to market the "treatment" to you, that's utter BS. How much oil our scalp produces is down to several factors, one of which is genetics. Our scalp often produces excessive oil if the scalp ph is out of balance, etc after shampooing which strips the oils off, your body naturally excretes more in order to compensate for the loss. Some people recommend shampooing less often in order to let the scalp regulate itself better. But that is not an ideal solution for us living in hot and humid Singapore. What I'd recommend is to use a gentle, everyday cleansing shampoo. And whenever your hair feels a little dry, use a lightweight conditioner to moisturise it in order to balance it out. Hope this helps bro, and don't fall for all these unethical marketing tactics! (Unless scientifically proven with significant results)
Old 13-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #9349

You can try Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. My friend tried and i think it is very good!

- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/led-red-hair-therapy
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/lasemd-hair-loss-treatment-laser
Old 13-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #9350
Supremacy Member

I think a honest opinion will be to find the right shampoo for your needs.

H&S is not deep cleansing shampoo and to combat against oily scalp, you need deep cleansing shampoo to cleanse the hair and scalp. Inevitably, it will make your hair relatively drier. But since you mentioned that your hair is oily (i.e. oily scalp and oily hair), then this property (drying out the hair) will help to control the oils in the hair.

One of the many options to consider is carbolic shampoo.
Hi there last time you mentioned you were bringing in an organic shampoo right? Is it in yet?
Old 13-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #9351
Master Member

sgpomades legit meh i thought their products just import from aliexpress and repackage one
Old 13-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #9352
Supremacy Member

sgpomades legit meh i thought their products just import from aliexpress and repackage one
And that's not legit because?

Old 14-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #9353
Master Member

And that's not legit because?
as in quality wise ah
Old 14-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #9354
Master Member

as in quality wise ah
I've bought 6 uwb pomades so far from sgpomades. Nothing wrong with quality
Old 14-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #9355
Master Member

I've bought 6 uwb pomades so far from sgpomades. Nothing wrong with quality
oh, referring to the brands they carry like apestomen and ubersuave!
Old 14-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #9356
Supremacy Member

as in quality wise ah
If it's original product how would there be difference quality wise?

Old 14-04-2017, 09:00 PM   #9357

SGpomades is a legit website but carrying white label products like Ubersuave and Apestomen.

If you dont want your hair to feel like straw or turn bald before 35. Then continue to use these white label products.
Old 14-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #9358

Old 15-04-2017, 02:03 AM   #9359

Another mm seller wannabe
https://shopee.sg/hairunited?tab=shop

Bad move rob
Old 15-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #9360
Supremacy Member

Hi there last time you mentioned you were bringing in an organic shampoo right? Is it in yet?
Yes, we're in the midst of getting this product in (will be in next month) and here's a photo to share!

This product is called TaiHair Green Tea Organic Shampoo. It contains 93% natural ingredients and it is certified organic by ECOCERT (based in Europe). To share my first impression for this product after using it for nearly 2 months (3 times per week) now:

1. Refreshing. It gives a strong minty feel on the scalp, and eliminates tiredness. Can really feel that my scalp is clean after usage.
2. Excellent Cleansing Strength. Able to cleanse off my intensive product buildup (I purposely spammed finishing hairspray and used SYOSS wax, which is relatively harder to wash off) with one wash. However, Green Tea shampoo will make the hair slightly drier (inevitable).
3. Nice aroma. The green tea aroma makes it addictive to using this product.
4. Chic packaging. It looks like a wine bottle, with a bamboo cap. Comes with a stopper for practical reasons (reduces leakage during transit) too. And 100% post-consumer recycled plastic too (for people who are concerned with saving the Earth).

Also, some may find this product very much similar to the brand O'Right. But it is not the same. O'Right is 96% organic and the product packaging is different as well. O'Right marketing is strong though. However, both products originate from Taiwan and the product ingredients are very much similar. After using both, I personally can't tell any difference from it.

As many would have known by now, I do not bring in products that can be found almost everywhere because I don't believe in paying for the brand marketing. For myself, it's more of finding the right products at the right price.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.