The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #9391

In first page ))
Old 25-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #9392
Master Member

On the market for a new product and would like some recommendations. Anyone know of a product with slightly more shine but weaker hold than Silver Fox?
Not that I tried SF before, but K Clay is something that you like to consider bro.
K clay comes w slight shine, very natural look with usage and light weight. Hold is moderate, but very easy to apply. Not the kind of spiky or anti gravity defying hairstyles, but that of a casual and natural hairstyle.

http://theprettyjerk.com/product/k-c...l-har-clay-85g
Old 25-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #9393
Master Member

Can anyone recommend a good finishing hair spray with low shine and strong hold?
Probably not the most ideal option, but you can consider Korial Finishing Hairspray. The selling point for korial hairspray is on its high hold (stronger than powerpoint hairspray). In fact, its even stronger than EBL hairspray too. Korial doesn't produce white flakes, and there is no stickiness on the hair as well. However, it is good to use korial hairspray from a distance away though, otherwise it may end up freezing the hair too much.

The downside about Korial is its slightly higher price point as it is from Korea. Scent-wise for korial is a very mild fragrance, suited for both guys and ladies.

Old 25-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #9394
Supremacy Member

Not that I tried SF before, but K Clay is something that you like to consider bro.
K clay comes w slight shine, very natural look with usage and light weight. Hold is moderate, but very easy to apply. Not the kind of spiky or anti gravity defying hairstyles, but that of a casual and natural hairstyle.

http://theprettyjerk.com/product/k-c...l-har-clay-85g
Have you tried BB before? How does it compare to 60proof?

Will be high on my list of next purchase!

Old 25-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #9395

Oh well, it's hard to say but I wouldn't be optimistic about that. Mainly because this hairstyle doesn't really go well with the "professional" look. While it may take over the popularity of other hairstyles, they largely fall into the casual category.
Hmm depends. The hairstyle is short enough that it can pass most corporate HR policies.

Keep in mind though that I work in the media industry. Rules can be flouted e.g. I wear a hoop earring to client meetings

Let me take a picture of my "business" haircut tomorrow.
Old 25-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #9396
Supremacy Member

Hmm depends. The hairstyle is short enough that it can pass most corporate HR policies.

Keep in mind though that I work in the media industry. Rules can be flouted e.g. I wear a hoop earring to client meetings

Agencies do not equal typical "corporate" leh.

All the agencies anyhow dress one. Anything also goes but really out of place in a traditional corporate environment.

Old 25-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #9397

Probably not the most ideal option, but you can consider Korial Finishing Hairspray. The selling point for korial hairspray is on its high hold (stronger than powerpoint hairspray). In fact, its even stronger than EBL hairspray too. Korial doesn't produce white flakes, and there is no stickiness on the hair as well. However, it is good to use korial hairspray from a distance away though, otherwise it may end up freezing the hair too much.

The downside about Korial is its slightly higher price point as it is from Korea. Scent-wise for korial is a very mild fragrance, suited for both guys and ladies.

Phew! Thanks man! Any idea where I can get one?

Old 26-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #9398
Supremacy Member

Waiting for your yandao pic!

Anyway I do agree with LJH. This hairstyle is difficult to carry off in an office environment from an image perspective. In fact it has always been around but never mainstream, which I would hazard a guess, is something that you view favourably.

Setting the office issue aside, a few more points that makes this style harder to go main stream, IMHO:
1. Works with rather specific face shapes. Takes a pixie face to carry such style.
2. Man-boy image of the hairstyle. Hard to go mainstream for over 30s unless you are a celeb or creative type guy.
3. Requires a "neither here nor there" hair length - frequent upkeep and more challenging for non-optimal hair type (stubborn hair, fine hair)

Interesting thing would be to see how this style could evolve with some tweaks to look more mainstream and perhaps your prophecy may hold!

Products wise if this style becomes as huge as comb back/pompadour, I think pomades will be shown the back door.
Old 26-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #9399

Current hair. Styled with sea salt spray and a bit of DB clay pomade.

Keeping it this short now that I'm headed for reservist soon.

Will be growing out the length, especially on the sides, and adding ash grey highlights on the top - this will definitely be a dramatic look

Wouldn't be that long though, max length will be something like
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMe7Wa_jkzr/

Using this pic for color reference:
Old 26-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #9400
Supremacy Member

Keeping it this short now that I'm headed for reservist soon.

Will be growing out the length, especially on the sides, and adding ash grey highlights on the top - this will definitely be a dramatic look

Wouldn't be that long though, max length will be something like
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMe7Wa_jkzr/

Using this pic for color reference:
Current hair is definitely more office-friendly-looking than the earlier examples provided.

The reference pic hairstyle probably requires AMDK genes hair type or a perm to achieve though..
Old 27-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #9401
Master Member

Phew! Thanks man! Any idea where I can get one?
You can get one from the below link!

http://theprettyjerk.com/product/kor...airspray-400ml
Old 30-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #9402

ps if not correct place to post, any hair salon to recommend in Jurong east. previously used to go shirley mah for about 2 years liao but 2 hairstylists I look for already went back home country.

I'm not going back since they always overbook and appointment timing will be delayed 45mins.
Old 30-04-2017, 03:15 AM   #9403
Banned

Old 30-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #9404

MM new packaging out. Any change in ingredients? Looking forward to their upcoming cologne too
Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #9405

I have been using Morris Motley Chrome and personally feel holding power isn't great.. plus point is washes off easily. Easy to create style but after few hours flops down already...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.