Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #9406
Master Member

I actually still prefer the balm over chrome
dj_flame likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #9407

I have been using Morris Motley Chrome and personally feel holding power isn't great.. plus point is washes off easily. Easy to create style but after few hours flops down already...
I actually still prefer the balm over chrome

I personally prefer the balm as well, I find Chrome too heavy for me. Balm's strength to weight ratio is just nice haha
dj_flame likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #9408
Master Member

Any good hair spray to recommend? The one I'm using the smell quite strong. Preferably milder smell with good holding power and doesn't make hair looks hard

Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #9409

Any good hair spray to recommend? The one I'm using the smell quite strong. Preferably milder smell with good holding power and doesn't make hair looks hard

Personally using 8+ Firm Hold hairspray, bought from leejhong bro. Matte finish with a decent hold.. smell wise is pretty mild, goes away after awhile.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #9410
Master Member

Personally using 8+ Firm Hold hairspray, bought from leejhong bro. Matte finish with a decent hold.. smell wise is pretty mild, goes away after awhile.
Thanks for intro bro. Sounds good. How long can the hold last whole day?

Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #9411

Thanks for intro bro. Sounds good. How long can the hold last whole day?

I would say yes, its a pretty safe choice for a casual day out as long as you aren't doing any activities like clubbing etc. You can experiment with using more or less to suit your needs. If you really want your hair to be cemented in place you can take a look at freeze hold hairsprays. I have a can of Tresemm's Freeze hold which works damn well.. Only downside is that I find it tends to dry out the hair when used in large amounts. Other than that there is got2b Glued which is available in some Guardian stores (ION basement has stock), and Korial and EBL Taste sprays recommended by leejhong bro. I haven't tried them yet, but might get round to it in the near future
Old 01-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #9412
Master Member

I would say yes, its a pretty safe choice for a casual day out as long as you aren't doing any activities like clubbing etc. You can experiment with using more or less to suit your needs. If you really want your hair to be cemented in place you can take a look at freeze hold hairsprays. I have a can of Tresemm's Freeze hold which works damn well.. Only downside is that I find it tends to dry out the hair when used in large amounts. Other than that there is got2b Glued which is available in some Guardian stores (ION basement has stock), and Korial and EBL Taste sprays recommended by leejhong bro. I haven't tried them yet, but might get round to it in the near future
Think I'll try the 8+. Freeze holds pray will make the hair looks hard or not? I prefer natural look like those korean one hahaha

Old 01-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #9413

Think I'll try the 8+. Freeze holds pray will make the hair looks hard or not? I prefer natural look like those korean one hahaha
Most freeze hold hairsprays tend to give off a bit of a shine, but Tresemme Freeze hold is one of those that I know (and tried) that gives a cleaner, more natural finish. But with what you mentioned, I think 8+ would be good for you! It's a nice, matte finish Looks like you don't even have hairspray on.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #9414
Great Supremacy Member

I have been using Morris Motley Chrome and personally feel holding power isn't great.. plus point is washes off easily. Easy to create style but after few hours flops down already...
flop actually normal.
depends on how thick your hair is. its not fixated, sure have chance of flopping

its natural
Old 01-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #9415

flop actually normal.
depends on how thick your hair is. its not fixated, sure have chance of flopping

its natural

Sea Salt Spray + Blow Dryer, finish off with just a touch of Chrome. Thank us later
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #9416
Master Member

the styling balm will be reformulated again, to be exact is Slightly tweaked to remove animal ingredients, but the functionality of all products remains the same. that is what they reply of their facebook when i asked.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #9417
Master Member

Yes, 8+ hairspray is one that comes across as a lightweight hairspray. Very natural look and feel due to the matte finish.

But do note that the shine from hairsprays might not necessarily be bad, especially so if we have coloured hair. The shine helps to bring out the texture of the hair.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #9418
Master Member

Sea Salt Spray + Blow Dryer, finish off with just a touch of Chrome. Thank us later
Currently trying out the new variant for Indians Clay which is called as Indians Dry Shaper Styling Mud. From the way that you guys described MM Balm and Chrome to be, it seems to assimilate the two variants of Indians products too - Extra Hold Molding Clay and Dry Shaper Styling Mud.

One comes with higher hold but more rigid. The other comes across lower on rigidity, natural (soft) hold and higher shine. Will be bringing in the Dry Shaper soon too!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #9419

Any good shampoo to recommend for oily hair/scalp and hair thinning?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #9420
Greater Supremacy Member

gatsby just released 2 versions of their pomades

one is for volume less shine greater hold
one is for sleek side style, greater shine less hold

i bought both and so far i'm leaning towards the volume one
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.