HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #9436

Anyone using Morris Motley Treatment Balm now? Or Chrome?

Which one is your favourite?

I think Morris Motley Treatment Balm is one of my favourite product now. Also the best I ever used.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #9437
High Supremacy Member

Hi any Pomade to recommend? I have dry and thick and coarse hair. I prefer to achieve a Matt look, strong hold yet doesn't make my hair hard like gel. Able to hold my hair throughout the day so that I no need to readjust but in the event I do I hope it still can adjust a bit. Any such product?

Aga aga aim to achieve this look, the hair not the face ah

Thanks thanks!

Old 17-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #9438

Morris Motley treatment styling balm lo. Have you tried before?
Old 17-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #9439
High Supremacy Member

Morris Motley treatment styling balm lo. Have you tried before?
Nope I'm very noob one currently using Gatsby Moving Rubber for years even though it's a lousy product cos I didn't even know Pomades exists

Old 17-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #9440
Great Supremacy Member

Hi any Pomade to recommend? I have dry and thick and coarse hair. I prefer to achieve a Matt look, strong hold yet doesn't make my hair hard like gel. Able to hold my hair throughout the day so that I no need to readjust but in the event I do I hope it still can adjust a bit. Any such product?

Aga aga aim to achieve this look, the hair not the face ah

Thanks thanks!
this one sure need something to harden, if not how to stay up all the way.

try uevo grey matte wax.

strong, matte fibre like hold and can do restyling.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #9441
Master Member

Hi guys I'm trying to do comb back look with the Indian clay but the front just come dropping down flat after few hours. The pomness doesn't last even though I use hair spray is it cos hair too long?

Old 17-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #9442

Happer Dapper

now sg suddenly alot of home-brewed.

i see the simi apestomen, ubersuave, all tiong stuff right?

lol but cheap, alot of kids buying.

Apestomen, Ubersuave confirm MIC white label haha. Speaking of local home-brewed stuff. I happened to chance upon this brand called Happer Dapper. Now they have 3 products in their range, their "SPIKE" matte wax, "Pappy do" strong hold pomade, and "Hard On". Straight up, these are water based Gel pomades with hold strength ranging from low-high. Yeap, incl their matte wax which I have tried (bought it and they gave samples of the other 2 products as well) Defo a gel pomade both in terms of look, consistency and performance. I did give feedback that the name matte WAX was a little misleading to consumers as there is no wax content in the product at all.

Anws, now here's the stuff that got me interested: They claimed that their products were formulated (not homebrewed , its diff) themselves before being sent to a lab, and that they contained no harsh / harmful ingredients. While taking a look at the ingredient list for SPIKE, I did notice that it looks very different from what we would normally see in most water based Gel Pomades on the market. And I have found both Spike and Pappy Do to start off with a slight shine, but drying off to a true matte finish after awhile (applied on dry hair), which I actually liked (ordered pappy do after).

I am no expert on Gel pomades as I mostly stay away from products that give shine.. (The name Spike MATTE WAX was what I was looking for in the first place) but I do find the performance of these products to be interesting considering that they are pomades yet give a matte finish. Their marketing is also pretty good (which is why they caught my attention in the first place) as they mentioned that their products were formulated to tahan the whole day our weather and climate - this which I found to be quite accurate. Customer service was great as well as this guy called Derrick (Owner / Co-owner I presume) was patiently attending to my queries. I will continue to monitor the performance as I use the Pappy Do, and let you guys know how it goes.

Btw, any pomade users care to share if they have had this matte finish experience with other conventional gel pomade brands as well?

Last edited by nichsong; 17-05-2017 at 04:35 PM..
Old 17-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #9443

now sg suddenly alot of home-brewed.

i see the simi apestomen, ubersuave, all tiong stuff right?

lol but cheap, alot of kids buying.
lol ya sia. fb also filled with their adverts
Old 17-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #9444
Master Member

Hi guys I'm trying to do comb back look with the Indian clay but the front just come dropping down flat after few hours. The pomness doesn't last even though I use hair spray is it cos hair too long?
Might be because of your styling techniques too
Old 17-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #9445
Great Supremacy Member

lol ya sia. fb also filled with their adverts
spend alot on adverts and they spam codes to cheapen their product

Apestomen, Ubersuave confirm MIC white label haha. Speaking of local home-brewed stuff. I happened to chance upon this brand called Happer Dapper. Now they have 3 products in their range, their "SPIKE" matte wax, "Pappy do" strong hold pomade, and "Hard On". Straight up, these are water based Gel pomades with hold strength ranging from low-high. Yeap, incl their matte wax which I have tried (bought it and they gave samples of the other 2 products as well) Defo a gel pomade both in terms of look, consistency and performance. I did give feedback that the name matte WAX was a little misleading to consumers as there is no wax content in the product at all.

Anws, now here's the stuff that got me interested: They claimed that their products were formulated (not homebrewed , its diff) themselves before being sent to a lab, and that they contained no harsh / harmful ingredients. While taking a look at the ingredient list for SPIKE, I did notice that it looks very different from what we would normally see in most water based Gel Pomades on the market. And I have found both Spike and Pappy Do to start off with a slight shine, but drying off to a true matte finish after awhile (applied on dry hair), which I actually liked (ordered pappy do after).

I am no expert on Gel pomades as I mostly stay away from products that give shine.. (The name Spike MATTE WAX was what I was looking for in the first place) but I do find the performance of these products to be interesting considering that they are pomades yet give a matte finish. Their marketing is also pretty good (which is why they caught my attention in the first place) as they mentioned that their products were formulated to tahan the whole day our weather and climate - this which I found to be quite accurate. Customer service was great as well as this guy called Derrick (Owner / Co-owner I presume) was patiently attending to my queries. I will continue to monitor the performance as I use the Pappy Do, and let you guys know how it goes.

Btw, any pomade users care to share if they have had this matte finish experience with other conventional gel pomade brands as well?
to be honest, our country cannot do really wet look, will look dirty and oily.
natural shine is fine.

i see nowadays everyone doing their own labels and i am here retailing only haha
i still don't believe all these home brew crap.
jin scary.

but if it works for you good haha

still love my uevo grey, daily used. morris motley can't use cause my hair now quite short. haha
Old 17-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #9446
Great Supremacy Member

cause hair long, too thick, gravity.

happens to everyone. nobody hair can stay up pomp, even spamming hair spray.
the curry pok will flatten.

normal. just restyle, run your hair thru it. done

this is why pliability now is very important in hair products.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:35 PM   #9447

I'll take the chance to ask the all impt question - Do you use Seasalt Spray as a pre-styler? Haha. Pre-styling is almost an absolute must for all seeking to achieve a high volume hairstyle, esp with our flat and straight Asian hair type.
Old 18-05-2017, 02:06 AM   #9448

Why buy indian clays. You can get better ones with that price bro.
Old 18-05-2017, 02:50 AM   #9449

[QUOTE=decibel.;108064532]Hi guys I'm trying to do comb back look with the Indian clay but the front just come dropping down flat after few hours. The pomness doesn't last even though I use hair spray is it cos hair too long?

Old 18-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #9450

What is this Indian clay? :O never heard of it before. Good stuff?
One of the best matte products I've tried. Lightweight yet provides one of the highest hold I've experienced. Gives a dry matte finish. Along with Morris, I'd rate it as one of my hero matte products.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.