HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #9511

For a product like Flux that works as well as it does in our weather, I think 28 bucks is pretty okay, taking into consideration that all the other products are about that price. (Take note that Baxter Clay is only 60ml and costs betwen 29-33 bucks) Hopefully the rest of the line also works well! Their Fortify Clay looks promising.

ever try uevo series?

worth a try. loving mine, on my 3rd jar ever since i came back from japan.

still have my deuxer 6 and spice sister. gonna start going back and use them all up

my baxter clay pomade still quite abit left.

carter supply - if you guys are interested, i can bring them in, maybe by the 3rd quarter of this year.

looking to bring these in, forget how the elevate and flux works already. i rmb flux quite good
Talking to carter supply now, its glass jar and the weight might be an issue.
If say, i were to retail these at $28, would you pay for it? i think its around 80g

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #9512

Hi, recently I bought MM chrome on carousell. However I came across an online store called Hervaux and they state on their wholesale page that they are exclusive distributor for MM in Singapore, and under the authorised retailer section, I only see Hairppening as one of the authorised retailer for MM.

They also dont allow carousell selling. Now I am worried my MM is not authentic.

Don't worry bro, I don't think there's much of a market for fake hair products haha, have only seen suavecito knockoffs so far - which you can tell cos its damn obvious haha. And anw I highly, highly doubt anyone can replicate the Morris formula. To date there is no other product that can outperform it in terms of quality:performance imo
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #9513

The reason i dont use local home brew products is due to the lack of proper scientific lab test on cross contamination of the ingredients and containers. Also it takes 3 to 6 months of lab testing and heating to ensure the shell life of the ingredients of the hair styling products. Call any cosmetic product testing lab and they will tell you it takes months to ensure the ingredients when mixed together are safe to use. Also HSA is very lenient in certifying local products as they are encouraging local startups.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Heartyman; 25-05-2017 at 02:03 PM..
Old 25-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #9514

The reason i dont use local home brew products is due to the lack of proper scientific lab test on cross contamination of the ingredients and containers. Also it takes 3 to 6 months of lab testing and heating to ensure the shell life of the ingredients of the hair styling products. Call any cosmetic product testing lab and they will tell you it takes months to ensure the ingredients when mixed together are safe to use. Also HSA is very lenient in certifying local products as they are encouraging local startups.

You mean HSA is slack on certifying products made by local brands in order to encourage them? That is a question of ethical practice and very serious imo. Could you share with us where u got this info from?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #9515
Supremacy Member

You mean HSA is slack on certifying products made by local brands in order to encourage them? That is a question of ethical practice and very serious imo. Could you share with us where u got this info from?
These home brews are certified to begin with?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #9516
Great Supremacy Member

its white label, so everything is safe but just crappy ingredients.

HSA don't really care unless crap happens.

called them before. haha
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #9517
Great Supremacy Member

For a product like Flux that works as well as it does in our weather, I think 28 bucks is pretty okay, taking into consideration that all the other products are about that price. (Take note that Baxter Clay is only 60ml and costs betwen 29-33 bucks) Hopefully the rest of the line also works well! Their Fortify Clay looks promising.
the elevate/flux is 60g while the fortify is 80g.

maybe i will price it at $28 and $30.

solid?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #9518

These home brews are certified to begin with?
All personal care or grooming products being sold need to go through HSA's approval before being released onto the market.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #9519

the elevate/flux is 60g while the fortify is 80g.

maybe i will price it at $28 and $30.

solid?
Not too bad imo, again comparing with Baxter's prices. But most imptly must work well in our climate! Haha
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #9520
Great Supremacy Member

Not too bad imo, again comparing with Baxter's prices. But most imptly must work well in our climate! Haha
i think elevate and flux will have no issue.
can be a good replacement for by vilain.

i rmb flux is pretty solid, its pilable and strong hold. elevate makes your hair softer to touch, more natural.

both also easy to wash off. these 2 is their mainline and its 60g (looking to retail at $28)

fortify feels like combo of baxter clay pomade and dynamite clay. if it smells better than clay pomade, it can be a direct replacement, uses jojoba oil.
80g (likely to retail $30)

all are glass jar, mailing will be free as usual. but must bubble wrapped it better.

i will likely be the first to retail them

*samples can be bought also, all 3 of them. probably will cost about $15 bucks.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 25-05-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Old 26-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #9521

HSA doesn't really "certify" most categories of hair/skin care. In fact, most times you don't even need to submit an ingredient list unless it's a high risk product (eye creams, Whitening products, hair colours, etc). It's less of a "cert" and more of a notification(which is what it's called anyway) of your intention to sell the product. Onus is on the distributor to ensure that no banned/toxic ingredients are used, and even then, the only time they'll really take action is if something bad happens or if someone makes a complaint. They do a random sampling once a year, but most resellers are probably too small to be under their radar.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #9522

HSA doesn't really "certify" most categories of hair/skin care. In fact, most times you don't even need to submit an ingredient list unless it's a high risk product (eye creams, Whitening products, hair colours, etc). It's less of a "cert" and more of a notification(which is what it's called anyway) of your intention to sell the product. Onus is on the distributor to ensure that no banned/toxic ingredients are used, and even then, the only time they'll really take action is if something bad happens or if someone makes a complaint. They do a random sampling once a year, but most resellers are probably too small to be under their radar.
Thanks for the info! I wonder how it is like for other countries such as America and in europe. I do know the FDA have pretty strict protocol to follow though. Either way, I guess it's got a lot to do with brand equity. If one has a negative impression towards a certain brand, naturally everything that brand produces would be met with some form of skepticism.. Doesn't matter if the product is good or bad. It's all in the marketing and consumer impression!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #9523

i think elevate and flux will have no issue.
can be a good replacement for by vilain.

i rmb flux is pretty solid, its pilable and strong hold. elevate makes your hair softer to touch, more natural.

both also easy to wash off. these 2 is their mainline and its 60g (looking to retail at $28)

fortify feels like combo of baxter clay pomade and dynamite clay. if it smells better than clay pomade, it can be a direct replacement, uses jojoba oil.
80g (likely to retail $30)

all are glass jar, mailing will be free as usual. but must bubble wrapped it better.

i will likely be the first to retail them

*samples can be bought also, all 3 of them. probably will cost about $15 bucks.

Will be sure to sarpork if you bring in bro. Would love to try out the fortify. And yes.. This could replace BV as I find silver fox and gold digger to be abit too heavy for our hair esp if we skip SSS as a pre styler. Nontheless it's still a popular brand.. And DC is actually really good. But what I think this directly competes with is Baxter haha. The price point is abit on the high side for them. Hopefully the fortify would be a clay pomade killer!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #9524

Will be sure to sarpork if you bring in bro. Would love to try out the fortify. And yes.. This could replace BV as I find silver fox and gold digger to be abit too heavy for our hair esp if we skip SSS as a pre styler. Nontheless it's still a popular brand.. And DC is actually really good. But what I think this directly competes with is Baxter haha. The price point is abit on the high side for them. Hopefully the fortify would be a clay pomade killer!
i second you.
definitely will buy if gx brings it in
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #9525

Hahah I think their marketing not so zai so most SGreans haven't been exposed to their stuff. Recently released two new products too, one clay one pomade. But yeah honestly quite like their products. Their flux matte wax is lightweight, decent hold and last pretty well in our weather. Bro DJ_Flame also said not bad right! Btw where he go ah. Like MIA alreh LOL
Lol thanks for the shout out.

Been very busy with ramping up my career actually, so I don't have the time to post during work hours anymore :p

Also I wear my hair short and textured these days, so almost any hair clay with a matte finish works for me and I don't feel the need to review products anymore.

Carter Supply Flux is good, but the hold is flexible to an extent. You either need to pair it with a hairspray or accept the restyling needed for pliability. The finish is natural though, where it looks like there is minimal product in your hair - my favorite kind of look <3

Anyways, I bleached and dyed my head ash this week

Pics to come!
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by dj_flame; 28-05-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.