HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #9646
Supremacy Member

E.g. fine or thick, straight or curly hair etc.
Straight & fine i think

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #9647
Supremacy Member

Straight & fine i think
My guess is Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm (Matte Finish) may not be able to hold for the whole day without hair spray but you can give it a try.

Based on your hair texture, I doubt most of the hair products are able to hold for the whole day without hair spray.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #9648

Why wouldnt Morris Motley hold? It has one of the better holds in the market. Also, it creates volume more than most brands out there. (* As a pomade collector. I have tried 14 brands in total including MM.)

The only reason I prefer baxter is more on it being a glass bottle.

The ones I truly rate -->

Morris Motley
Baxter of California
By Vilain
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #9649

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkEEFfJlyY

Baxter California vs Daimon Barber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9Zc3oBG60&t=190s

Morris Motley and Patricks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #9650

I feel like MM isn't very pliable? When i use MM on its own, yes its wonderful but when i run my hand through my hair it sometimes tugs. Is it because i use too much or am i asking too much for a product with high hold?

Why not MM buddy. It is strong hold and easily wash off. Good for guys who style their hair almost on a daily basis for work.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #9651

I feel like MM isn't very pliable? When i use MM on its own, yes its wonderful but when i run my hand through my hair it sometimes tugs. Is it because i use too much or am i asking too much for a product with high hold?
Yup u might be using too much, And yes it's natural to expect some form of rigidity with high hold products, tho I would say for me Morris is the most pliable out of all high hold products I've tried! The strength to weight ratio is very good. If there's only one matte product I would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind spending abit more, this would be it

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #9652
Master Member

i might be the only few who dosen't find that mm have a high hold
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #9653

Smile

Followed Camcretney in instagram... Was trying to see if anyone has grab hold of Cavalier Clay...

read through the last 10 pages and glad to see many still feel MM is one of the top product which i fully agree....

Started using Blumaan original styling meraki... dint really like hence got the idea of what works for others may not work for us asians... till I took a leap of faith and started using MM... Stick with it ever since (maybe a year or 2)..

Honestly... really have to try to see what suits ur needs... For me i like to touch my hair alot, hence MM works very well for me... if you are looking for extreme hold, use spray or use clay etc.. i have fren that use gel as well...

Special shoutout to GX... he recommended me to take a leap of faith to use MM... and also my shampoo.. loving them ever since...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #9654
Great Supremacy Member

Followed Camcretney in instagram... Was trying to see if anyone has grab hold of Cavalier Clay...

read through the last 10 pages and glad to see many still feel MM is one of the top product which i fully agree....

Started using Blumaan original styling meraki... dint really like hence got the idea of what works for others may not work for us asians... till I took a leap of faith and started using MM... Stick with it ever since (maybe a year or 2)..

Honestly... really have to try to see what suits ur needs... For me i like to touch my hair alot, hence MM works very well for me... if you are looking for extreme hold, use spray or use clay etc.. i have fren that use gel as well...

Special shoutout to GX... he recommended me to take a leap of faith to use MM... and also my shampoo.. loving them ever since...
gel sia, bringing armani back!

only the best stuff for you guys man.

carter supply on the hit list next. hahaha
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #9655
Great Supremacy Member

confirm use too much.
it doesn't fixate, putting too much means too heavy. feels very thick.
that's why the tugging.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #9656

gel sia, bringing armani back!

only the best stuff for you guys man.

carter supply on the hit list next. hahaha
Hope carter come fast fast! ���

gaoxing84 and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 15-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #9657

Morris Motley is good but expensive. Thats why I bought 2 times (from GX hairbroducts also) and went back to baxter california hard clay at $30. Now shopee have promo for Morris Motley.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 15-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #9658

Morris Motley is good but expensive. Thats why I bought 2 times (from GX hairbroducts also) and went back to baxter california hard clay at $30. Now shopee have promo for Morris Motley.

Hard clay?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 12:58 AM   #9659

You're not the only one haha!
I kinda grow out my hair. So, wanna finish my leftover Prestige UWB pomade for now.

I guess this forum doesnt forte much on grease/slick/pomade area? Cause been reading more of wax,clays, etc lately.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #9660

me too, but i used mm only when i JUST started styling, may not have used it properly, so im still contemplating whether to get or not. just ordered arcadian clay though, hope to receive it soon and contribute some opinions here

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.