Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #9706
nez
Supremacy Member

Facts are facts. Carter Supply is Made in China, founder doesn't even dare to reveal own name in website and when approaching for resellers. Anyway yes, I wish to conceal my identity LOL
Ok. I get it A regular "new" member. Would be easier to have something substantial to back what you wrote though.

Just saying again.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #9707

The motive? Create awareness. Make information known. Is it healthy for the thread? Hell yeah. Don't you guys despise china made products? Why so hypocrite now?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #9708

The motive? Create awareness. Make information known. Is it healthy for the thread? Hell yeah. Don't you guys despise china made products? Why so hypocrite now?
Woahh, woah. I don't think anyone here outrightly despises China products. I think it's China products which are "cleverly" advertised as "formulated in USA" or claim to be of high quality, but yet perform poorly in terms of quality or performance that is the issue with most of the bros here.

Thank you for bringing up the information about Carter supply that we otherwise may not have known. But a question about your agenda.

You seem personally offended that some bros here have voiced their displeasure towards the specific type of China made products I mentioned earlier. And you seem bent on proving that there are USA/EUR brands that do the same.

This is not typical of a person who has a neutral opinion. So we really question your identity and motive that comes with it.

gaoxing84 and ~Dragonite~ like this.

Last edited by nichsong; 23-06-2017 at 04:22 PM..
Old 23-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #9709

Woahh, woah. I don't think anyone here outrightly despises China products. I think it's China products which are "cleverly" advertised as "formulated in USA" or claim to be of high quality, but yet perform poorly in terms of quality or performance that is the issue with most of the bros here.

Thank you for bringing up the information about Carter supply that we otherwise may not have known. But a question about your agenda.

You seem personally offended that some bros here have voiced their displeasure towards the specific type of China made products I mentioned earlier. And you seem bent on proving that there are USA/EUR brands that do the same.

This is not typical of a person who has a neutral opinion. So we really question your identity and motive that comes with it.
*grabs popcorn*

So, the white label saga continues? Just wondering. Lol.

Anyway, be it china, sg, madagascar or whatever..if its decent, its decent.
We already know the obvious white labels. Yet to try Carter's. Will see how it goes.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #9710

Touching on the previous posts. It has actually been discussed previously how certain big USA / EUR brands actually use white label / custom formulas from a lab, be it China or not.

But the products have been able to meet a certain standard, which helps to push the brand's value.

It is products that fall short of this basic standard that is the issue. On top of that, if the products happen to be made in a country with a stigma in terms of production quality, that makes it worse. The brand's value will drop in the eyes of the consumer. This is basic marketing knowledge.. No wait it's common sense.

Furthermore, if consumers find out that this is a trend that is happening across a few different brands. What kind of conclusion do u think the consumers will draw about the whole lot of them then? Can u really blame the consumers in this case?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #9711
Great Supremacy Member

lololololol.

made in china and advertise formulated in USA.
means what?

tiong ah tiong
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:14 AM   #9712

Just a matter on who’s willing to take a leap of faith and decided to step forward and make a difference.

I’ve been following malaysia’s market for some time now. Unlike their massive “usual” water based gel pomades, they do have growing numbers of brands who are doing their own UWBs & Oil based. Legit ones.

Whats better than that? Their own people been supporting each other and make it better. Butter Grease have even manage to reach to others countries and such.

Vamphs Grooming “ The Prestige Collections” are reaching out soon too.

SG lei? Mostly hate. No love.

Leo pomades have released their Oil based & Unorthodox ones. Yet, we don’t see much in the scene lately.
Ziggy Supply had released Mad Wax & Singa (Clay) Pomade. Same response too.

A little irony don’t ya think?
Why I keep mentioning these 2 brands? Its because they’re the only ones who are currently active and surviving.

Used to have a brand named “Lions Mane” or something like that, SG Oil Based Pomade but, its already inactive.

Conclusion, I may be one of those users mentioned the white labels but at least, I respect those who make a difference.
Isnt that what this Hair thread forum is all about?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:51 AM   #9713

Just a matter on who’s willing to take a leap of faith and decided to step forward and make a difference.

I’ve been following malaysia’s market for some time now. Unlike their massive “usual” water based gel pomades, they do have growing numbers of brands who are doing their own UWBs & Oil based. Legit ones.

Whats better than that? Their own people been supporting each other and make it better. Butter Grease have even manage to reach to others countries and such.

Leo pomades have released their Oil based & Unorthodox ones. Yet, we don’t see much in the scene lately.

Why I keep mentioning these 2 brands? Its because they’re the only ones who are currently active and surviving.

Used to have a brand named “Lions Mane” or something like that, SG Oil Based Pomade but, its already inactive.

Conclusion, I may be one of those users mentioned the white labels but at least, I respect those who make a difference.
Now that's a good, legit opinion. I agree that we should be commending and supporting those who are taking the effort to brew their own products using proper ingredients, instead of just whacking and labeling MIC white labels.

As mentioned before, I have tried out a particular local brand's homebrewed product and have found it to work well. And that has helped change my impression of the brand.

Being salty and trying to get at other brands just because his/her particular brand isn't doing well in terms of consumer impression - isn't something that makes sense to me. MIC apart, local brand apart. At the end of the day.. Is your product a quality product? Are u able to deliver promises that enhances your brand equity?

If one is cool with just whacking low quality MIC products and reaping in profit from the average, unaware customer.. That's his or her business. But then you shouldn't be complaining if there are consumers who are more educated on this matter share their opinion.

Every choice has its rewards and consequences. That is pretty basic.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #9714
Supremacy Member

Anyone has tried By Villain Blow before? How does it perform in terms of creating volume when compared against other similar products?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #9715

Anyone has tried By Villain Blow before? How does it perform in terms of creating volume when compared against other similar products?
Superb. It's a game changer in terms of volume. Works very well for our hair type! Only gripe is that it's hard to wash off, and hair might feel alil tacky even after washing off. Depending on how much you use

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #9716
Supremacy Member

Superb. It's a game changer in terms of volume. Works very well for our hair type! Only gripe is that it's hard to wash off, and hair might feel alil tacky even after washing off. Depending on how much you use
Thanks, how long can the spray last? It seems to come in a tiny bottle and if I use it 5 times a week, I think one bottle will be used up after 1.5 - 2 weeks. Possible to make it last for 4 weeks? My hairstyle is those K-pop 2-block cut.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #9717

Thanks, how long can the spray last? It seems to come in a tiny bottle and if I use it 5 times a week, I think one bottle will be used up after 1.5 - 2 weeks. Possible to make it last for 4 weeks? My hairstyle is those K-pop 2-block cut.

Frankly you need only a little per use, around 3 half pumps or so. Could last at least 2 months onwards depending on individual usage

xeonboy and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #9718
Supremacy Member

Frankly you need only a little per use, around 3 half pumps or so. Could last at least 2 months onwards depending on individual usage
damn, i'm sold.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 25-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #9719
Great Supremacy Member

pomade generally dont really work in SG. it's all about the hype.
that's why it didn't really pick up in singapore
to be completely honest, only wax style product works well with sg climate.
pomade, with the humidity, its gonna look extra oily in our weather.

oil based pomade is the last thing you wanna use in SG weather. prepare for pimples and other nonsense.
xeonboy, evildrug and ~Dragonite~ like this.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 25-06-2017 at 12:41 AM..
Old 25-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #9720
Great Supremacy Member

Now that's a good, legit opinion. I agree that we should be commending and supporting those who are taking the effort to brew their own products using proper ingredients, instead of just whacking and labeling MIC white labels.

As mentioned before, I have tried out a particular local brand's homebrewed product and have found it to work well. And that has helped change my impression of the brand.

Being salty and trying to get at other brands just because his/her particular brand isn't doing well in terms of consumer impression - isn't something that makes sense to me. MIC apart, local brand apart. At the end of the day.. Is your product a quality product? Are u able to deliver promises that enhances your brand equity?

If one is cool with just whacking low quality MIC products and reaping in profit from the average, unaware customer.. That's his or her business. But then you shouldn't be complaining if there are consumers who are more educated on this matter share their opinion.

Every choice has its rewards and consequences. That is pretty basic.
screw those china made nonsense la.
it's so easy to get hold of them and flipping them for high profit.

it happens to one local Made in China nonsense, the entire pomade turn from clear blue to entirely milky white, i had to throw the entire box out.
it's pretty crap.

stay away from MIC pomade if you want your hair. don't know what crap went into making that crap.

i hate it when it's made in china but its not printed on the label, it's considered cheating to me.
formulated in USA my arse seriously.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.