HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2017, 01:12 AM   #9736

Carter Supply Products

So guys, Joe the owner of hairppening just contacted me to send me a sample kit of Carter Supply's range of products. He just brought them in, and I believe he is the first retailer to carry the range. He has also mentioned to freely share my opinion as well as inform anyone about this exchange between us - And as usual I will be transparent with you guys and let y'all know about this before I review them.

I will test the products once I have received them, and as usual you guys will know my honest opinion thereafter.
wacks_505 and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 26-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #9737
nez
Supremacy Member

so ive been using mm for almost 2 weeks and its rly a fantastic product, strong hold, nice scent, easy to wash off. only had 2 issues with it.
1) its so pliable when you style with it it doesnt give a fixed structure, but yea its a trade off

2) it sucks as a prestyler dont ever use it as a prestyler, you're wasting the product imo. waaaay more worth to use as a post styler.

thanks to the bros who asked me to try mm again, loving it now :-)
Yes you are right. MM does not work well as a prestyler.
Apologies for the wrong info previously.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by nez; 26-06-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Old 26-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #9738

So guys, Joe the owner of hairppening just contacted me to send me a sample kit of Carter Supply's range of products. He just brought them in, and I believe he is the first retailer to carry the range. He has also mentioned to freely share my opinion as well as inform anyone about this exchange between us - And as usual I will be transparent with you guys and let y'all know about this before I review them.

I will test the products once I have received them, and as usual you guys will know my honest opinion thereafter.
Don't forget to mention it's made in china trust you to be a neutral reviewer and give all factual information
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #9739

wah shiok sia free sample HAHA

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #9740

Don't forget to mention it's made in china trust you to be a neutral reviewer and give all factual information

Whether I mention its made in China or not is redundant at this point.. You'll understand if you have been following my posts carefully. If its a low quality product that dries my hair out, then yeah maybe its worth me bringing out the MIC info you provided. But if you feel compelled to mention it as I am reviewing the products please don't hesitate! It's a free forum.

And yes of course, I will be transparent with my reviews and relate them according to my own personal experience. I have been doing that since I first started posting here.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #9741

wah shiok sia free sample HAHA

Yeap didn't expect them to contact me too. But the jars are actually really tiny, maybe enough for only 5 times use max. But at least I get to to test them, so no complaints there. Will let all know about my experience after I've tried them out thoroughly.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #9742

no issues bro, i wanted to try it out as a prestyler too

Yes you are right. MM does not work well as a prestyler.
Apologies for the wrong info previously.
any recommendations for prestylers to achieve lightweight volume?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 03:25 PM   #9743

Sea Salt Spray for lightweight hold, big volume and oil absorption properties.

By Vilain Sidekick for a slightly more heavy, high volume structured finish with a stronger hold than SSS.

Its up to personal preference, I love both.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #9744

which one gives more volume? ive been using smooth which has been pretty decent as a prestyler but it leaves hair feeling straw-like and its quite sticky while blowdrying. anyone can provide a comparison between the 2 and smooth?

Sea Salt Spray for lightweight hold, big volume and oil absorption properties.

By Vilain Sidekick for a slightly more heavy, high volume structured finish with a stronger hold than SSS.

Its up to personal preference, I love both.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #9745

which one gives more volume? ive been using smooth which has been pretty decent as a prestyler but it leaves hair feeling straw-like and its quite sticky while blowdrying. anyone can provide a comparison between the 2 and smooth?
If u want serious poof go for SSS. Original works ok for me as a prestyler for short hair, but once it grows out it isn't as effective.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #9746

YEA i realised that too i do have pretty lengthy fringe (i sometimes tie a bun when im lazy)

but sss so many brands and stuff which one to get

If u want serious poof go for SSS. Original works ok for me as a prestyler for short hair, but once it grows out it isn't as effective.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #9747
nez
Supremacy Member

I so far only tried OS FASHION SEA SPRAY & By Vilain Sidekick. I take turn with them & depending on the mood also. OS tends to be drier.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #9748

I so far only tried OS FASHION SEA SPRAY & By Vilain Sidekick. I take turn with them & depending on the mood also. OS tends to be drier.
What he said! OS, or any SSS for that matter. Because of their oil absorbent properties, they tend to dry out the hair alil esp when used a few days consecutively. Be sure to implement a moisturiser or similar hair treatment procedure into your routine to balance it out.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #9749

wah lazy sia HAHA maybe ill just get sidekick... any comparison between smooth/original and sidekick? does sidekick wash out easily?

What he said! OS, or any SSS for that matter. Because of their oil absorbent properties, they tend to dry out the hair alil esp when used a few days consecutively. Be sure to implement a moisturiser or similar hair treatment procedure into your routine to balance it out.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #9750

wah lazy sia HAHA maybe ill just get sidekick... any comparison between smooth/original and sidekick? does sidekick wash out easily?
I personally prefer sidekick. Application process is much easier, and performance is better to me too. Yeap washes out in no bother

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.