HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #9751

oh one last question does it become sticky after blowdrying? because if after blowdrying cannot run hand through like abit lame HAHA

I personally prefer sidekick. Application process is much easier, and performance is better to me too. Yeap washes out in no bother
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #9752

oh one last question does it become sticky after blowdrying? because if after blowdrying cannot run hand through like abit lame HAHA
Nope no issues with me at all. I think it's a good buy esp if you're going for high volume styles. Pairs well with your newly bought Morris. I have a bottle myself too tho I seldom pre style nowadays as my hair is much shorter. Just throw in some Morris and I'm good to go

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #9753
nez
Supremacy Member

nichsong have you tried REF 323 Sea Salt Spray? If so, how would you compare against sidekick?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #9754

nichsong have you tried REF 323 Sea Salt Spray? If so, how would you compare against sidekick?
Yeah I have ref323. Haha as compared to OS it's less drying. The finish leans more to a natural matte instead of a drier matte like OS. In terms of hold it is also slightly weaker.

It's different from sidekick ah haha. Hard to compare the two as they have very different properties. If u like what OS gives but want a alil change, u could look into ref323.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #9755
nez
Supremacy Member

Yeah I have ref323. Haha as compared to OS it's less drying. The finish leans more to a natural matte instead of a drier matte like OS. In terms of hold it is also slightly weaker.

It's different from sidekick ah haha. Hard to compare the two as they have very different properties. If u like what OS gives but want a alil change, u could look into ref323.
OK. Thanks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #9756

volume wise?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #9757

volume wise?
Like mentioned if u want more tousled, poofy volume then SSS. If u want a more structured hold, then sidekick.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:15 AM   #9758

what do you mean by poofy? i tried using a mousse but nothing happened to my hair HAHA

Like mentioned if u want more tousled, poofy volume then SSS. If u want a more structured hold, then sidekick.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #9759

what do you mean by poofy? i tried using a mousse but nothing happened to my hair HAHA
You know... theres blumaan videos on youtube that helps on these areas. I mean its pretty plain and vague to explain everything in text here. LOL!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #9760

so ive been using mm for almost 2 weeks and its rly a fantastic product, strong hold, nice scent, easy to wash off. only had 2 issues with it.
1) its so pliable when you style with it it doesnt give a fixed structure, but yea its a trade off

2) it sucks as a prestyler dont ever use it as a prestyler, you're wasting the product imo. waaaay more worth to use as a post styler.

thanks to the bros who asked me to try mm again, loving it now :-)
Yes MM is one of the best product in the market right now. But if you prefer a lower cost option, try baxter of california next time.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #9761

Yes MM is one of the best product in the market right now. But if you prefer a lower cost option, try baxter of california next time.
to each his own unfortunately. I love MM as a product but it doesn't give me as much hold as I would expect. Everyone's hair is different in the end. do you guys use hairspray for MM? my EBL hairspray is not compatible with it in terms of formulation. looking to downgrade to the loreal satin spray for a more cost effective option.

in addition to your note, baxter is oily and doesn't wash off easily (I had to literally shower twice, not wash, shower twice). but MM washes off so easily you almost don't have to use shampoo.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #9762

i actuualy have used baxter clay pomade before but it was waaay to heavy in my hair, given how thin my hair is and how long it is as well, couldnt hold the volume i wanted. washing it off wasnt easy as well and i personally like to run my hand through my hair midday and not feel greasy. but it worked really well for shorter hair.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #9763

Yeap, pretty heavy on me too. Oh yes, the washability is not as easy to MM bro.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #9764

realised not many people talk about unorthadox homebrewed clay pomades... no love here?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #9765

realised not many people talk about unorthadox homebrewed clay pomades... no love here?
Rare bro. Pomade community are mostly at those closed FB group pages. Since they're post their pictures and response using their personal FB users, so definitely no bullshitting gg ard there. Unless they wanna do an all out war.

Anyway,
I personally got an Arcadian Clay, Prestige Hair Clay, Cellar Door Clay Pomade and the Ziggy Supply Singa Clay Pomade. Which one do you want me to review it?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.