HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #9826
Supremacy Member

Ask you all ah....Based on the recommendations from the Bros here, it's advisable to shampoo once a day preferably at the end of the day to wash off the hair products.

But how do you all style your hair in the morning without washing?
To me it's much easier after wash and blow dry, but that would mean washing twice a day minimum....
You can just wash your hair with water only in the morning and shampoo your hair at the end of the day.
gaoxing84 and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #9827

5 hours ago in the blumaan vs morris motley he said mm was a very new brand? LOL

ok but that aside, exams finally over and thursday i most prolly gonna go jb jalan jalan and cut hair.. any places to recommend? i usually go to the 'new age barbershop' bc they understand what i want best lol

I see about 7-8 of his posts so far. Quite reliable in rating the brands that they win or lose. Just probably some of the stats like smell, packaging etc is grey area as it could be on personal preference.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #9828

5 hours ago in the blumaan vs morris motley he said mm was a very new brand? LOL

ok but that aside, exams finally over and thursday i most prolly gonna go jb jalan jalan and cut hair.. any places to recommend? i usually go to the 'new age barbershop' bc they understand what i want best lol
Good luck for your exams!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #9829
Supremacy Member

Anyone used American Crew pomade before how is it?

Is it available locally? Thanks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #9830
Great Supremacy Member

Anyone used American Crew pomade before how is it?

Is it available locally? Thanks
you can do better. it's not that solid
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #9831
High Supremacy Member

which salon you guys get your haircut from? i unsure what cut to get want to ask the stylist to recommend
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #9832
Supremacy Member

you can do better. it's not that solid
Hahaha. Sorry. Wasn't following this thread.

Do you have good recommendation for hair wax that is easy to wash off? I like Gatsby for its hold but not the washing part. Thank you
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #9833
Great Supremacy Member

Hahaha. Sorry. Wasn't following this thread.

Do you have good recommendation for hair wax that is easy to wash off? I like Gatsby for its hold but not the washing part. Thank you
well the most recommended one is morris motley styling balm if you're looking for a matte look.
For a shiny look, go for the morris motley chrome.
They do cost abit more but the premium is well worth your money and you will never look back. each tub is approx 100ml

if you're have a smaller budget, you can try the uevo grey which is dry matte look with a fixated hold. A shiny variant will be the green.

Both are easy to wash off and will fit your requirements
Old 06-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #9834
Supremacy Member

well the most recommended one is morris motley styling balm if you're looking for a matte look.
For a shiny look, go for the morris motley chrome.
They do cost abit more but the premium is well worth your money and you will never look back. each tub is approx 100ml

if you're have a smaller budget, you can try the uevo grey which is dry matte look with a fixated hold. A shiny variant will be the green.

Both are easy to wash off and will fit your requirements
Thank you gaoxing84 for the helpful information. Shall try these that you recommended.
gaoxing84 and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #9835

You can try Morris Motley. It is really good for you if you use hair styling product everyday. But if you find it too expensive, you can always go for Baxter of California, slightly cheaper option yet still high quality as compared to most brands out there. Using for 3 years and I am still loving it.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #9836

thanks bro!

any updates on carter supply?

Good luck for your exams!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #9837

Slapped on some Carter Supply Fortify to try out today, here are my thoughts.

I feel like I've gone through enough hair products to tell which ones will work well in our weather / our hair type right after application. I feel like this is one of them.

Feel of the product while scooping out is what you'd expect out of a conventional clay. Hard and tough, but breaks down quite easily when you rub it in. Application to hair, there's a little tug and pull due to the viscosity.

Hold wise, its a very firm hold. Product hardens up alil after awhile, similar to what a pomade does, but still remains malleable. Endurance wise, I expect it to perform well. Have only had it on for a few hours, but I can already feel that it will able to take on the humidity and heat.

In terms of shine - it starts off with a little but gradually lessens after awhile to a natural matte finish. Texture - its more of a strand-ish textured look u get rather than a chunky, separated one. I feel its versatile enough to finger comb AND slick your hair.

Other notes: Smells very similar to EBL taste clay. Those who have tried it before will know. Its strength to weight ratio is pretty good considering how much hold it gives. You won't need much to style anw, so less is more.

Overall, I would rate this product at the same level as dynamite clay. Works well in our weather and hair type.

Perhaps the most impt question to some: Can it replace Morris balm? Straightforward answer is no, to me. I feel like they are very different products. This one provides a very firm hold that is more glued in place (as it dries up) as compared to morris which gives it firm, yet free form hold. Morris also has that grease absorbent property that helps maintain the moisture levels in your hair throughout the day.Morris is also more matte. Quality of ingredients wise, I definitely think that Morris wins by a significant margin too.

However, this does not mean I feel its a sub-par product by any means. In fact, I think it's quite solid. As mentioned, I feel that it is able to match and last well in our weather like By Vilain's DC, that in itself is a feat considering most products fail on us halfway through the day. I'd definitely say it's one worth trying out for those who'd like something new! You can have this in your arsenal of products knowing that it will work.
wacks_505 and ~Dragonite~ like this.

Last edited by nichsong; 09-07-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #9838

which salon you guys get your haircut from? i unsure what cut to get want to ask the stylist to recommend
any budget? style?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #9839

Slapped on some Carter Supply Fortify to try out today, here are my thoughts.

I feel like I've gone through enough hair products to tell which ones will work well in our weather / our hair type right after application. I feel like this is one of them.

Feel of the product while scooping out is what you'd expect out of a conventional clay. Hard and tough, but breaks down quite easily when you rub it in. Application to hair, there's a little tug and pull due to the viscosity.

Hold wise, its a very firm hold. Product hardens up alil after awhile, similar to what a pomade does, but still remains malleable. Endurance wise, I expect it to perform well. Have only had it on for a few hours, but I can already feel that it will able to take on the humidity and heat.

In terms of shine - it starts off with a little but gradually lessens after awhile to a natural matte finish. Texture - its more of a strand-ish textured look u get rather than a chunky, separated one. I feel its versatile enough to finger comb AND slick your hair.

Other notes: Smells very similar to EBL taste clay. Those who have tried it before will know. Its pretty light considering how much hold it gives. You won't need much to style, and it wont weigh down the hair.

Overall, I would rate this product at the same level as dynamite clay. Works well in our weather and hair type.

Perhaps the most impt question to some: Can it replace Morris balm? Straightforward answer is no, to me. I feel like they are very different products. This one provides a very firm hold that is more glued in place (as it dries up) as compared to morris which gives it firm, yet free form hold. Morris also has that grease absorbent property that helps maintain the moisture levels in your hair throughout the day.Morris is also more matte. Quality of ingredients wise, I definitely think that Morris wins by a significant margin too.

However, this does not mean I feel its a sub-par product by any means. In fact, I think it's quite solid. As mentioned, I feel that it is able to match and last well in our weather like By Vilain's DC, that in itself is a feat considering most products fail on us halfway through the day. I'd definitely say it's one worth trying out for those who'd like something new! You can have this in your arsenal of products knowing that it will work.
how do you style your hair?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #9840

carter vs baxter? battle of the glass jars😂
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.