The Hair Thread - Part 5

nichsong

Reaction score
Oh okay, so there*********s no sole product which can work on the hair?

Unfortunately not. This is what I've learnt in my 5+ years of trying different hair products. This is a reality that many of us have to realise.

Due to our typical "Asian" hair and humid climate, it's a must to use at least a pre styler and a main styler to achieve an all day hold. For hairstyles with volume that is. For hairstyles that stay relatively flat along the head, u might be able to get away with just a strong hold product.

flamer7

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. This is what I've learnt in my 5+ years of trying different hair products. This is a reality that many of us have to realise.

Due to our typical "Asian" hair and humid climate, it's a must to use at least a pre styler and a main styler to achieve an all day hold. For hairstyles with volume that is. For hairstyles that stay relatively flat along the head, u might be able to get away with just a strong hold product.

Oh man, dang alright then. What is the best strong hold product you would recommend btw? Have recently read that ubersuave and beesmade etc are all crappy products of the same factory, not sure about it anymore. I guess it’s kinda true, really really dries out my hair, I feel it a few hours after showering too..

puteh83

Reaction score

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
guys what are your top 3 daily drivers? exclude gels and pre-stylers

1. mm tsb
2. oasis clay
3. stickmore clay

Papermoon

Reaction score
hi, just finished my 2 tubs of morris motley tsb, really like the washability / treatment effects and ez to restyle throughout the day and looking to try a new product for hair..

medium length/ thickness, straight hair that falls flat haha.. usually go for side swept hair when styling. wondering if i should try baxter of california clay pomade next or gold digger by vilain?

Basilchristeo

Reaction score
Hey all, it’s djflame under a new username. 🤗🤗🤗 I grew my hair out again, currently using both morris motley balm and chrome to sweep everything back. Some recent thoughts, hope this will be helpful for some of you.

1) Recently bought a half-finished tub of firsthand supply water-based...have to say this stuff is legit. Cheaper alternative to Chrome although it becomes more matte during the day depending on how much you apply. It doesn’t exactly replicate Chrome (it’s slightly heavier and is easier to apply) but it works quite the same.

2) The CNY glass jar chrome is seriously annoying. I dropped it in my bathroom and it shattered. Had to throw out a 80% full tub bc there was glass shards in the product. Ugggh

Basilchristeo

Reaction score
Oh man, dang alright then. What is the best strong hold product you would recommend btw? Have recently read that ubersuave and beesmade etc are all crappy products of the same factory, not sure about it anymore. I guess it’s kinda true, really really dries out my hair, I feel it a few hours after showering too..
Are you looking to do a quiff / slickback? Pretty sure someone has said this but Morris Motley Chrome works really well for our climate.

If the price is turning you away, buy a used tub from carousell. 🤗

triface

Reaction score
1) Recently bought a half-finished tub of firsthand supply water-based...have to say this stuff is legit. Cheaper alternative to Chrome although it becomes more matte during the day depending on how much you apply. It doesn’t exactly replicate Chrome (it’s slightly heavier and is easier to apply) but it works quite the same.

Is this the old or reformulated version? The old version worked great. Easy scoop, decent application, good hold and endurance. I hated that bayrum scent though :s13:

Where to get the first hand supply or Ziggy or something. Seems good. Haha

Posted from PCWX using CPH1707

Firsthand Supply from www.sgpomades.com. Ziggy from https://www.ziggysupply.com/.

Last edited:

flamer7

Reaction score
Anyone here want the following used items? I don’t want them anymore, all wrong purchases :(
1. Suavecito Firme Hold - Used 3 times
2. Beesmade Matte Clay - Used 5 times
3. Gatsby Styling Pomade Supreme Hold - Used 10 times

Please let me know if any of you want these, still tons more, don’t want to waste it!

Thank you

Basilchristeo

Reaction score
Is this the old or reformulated version? The old version worked great. Easy scoop, decent application, good hold and endurance. I hated that bayrum scent though :s13:
The old formula! I couldn’t say no to $6 on carousell lol. My gf hates the bayrum, she says it smells very “Indian”. 😂

Is there a difference in results with the new packaging? If so, bummer.

Barbecuepit

Reaction score
Anyone here want the following used items? I don’t want them anymore, all wrong purchases :(
1. Suavecito Firme Hold - Used 3 times
2. Beesmade Matte Clay - Used 5 times
3. Gatsby Styling Pomade Supreme Hold - Used 10 times

Please let me know if any of you want these, still tons more, don’t want to waste it!

Thank you

Hi, you intend to sell them?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.