HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #1831

Beg to differ. I have always maintained that most of the products are not suitable for the thin hair that alot of Singapore guys have.
thin or fine hair? There's a difference in that actually. If i'm not wrong, most guys here have fine hair yes, but thin, not really, especially after i've seen some of the pictures of their hair here before, back in the days where there's a lot more sharing of pictures and their hair looks full.
Damn envy them cos unfortunately i have both fine and thin hair since young.

I think fine hair needs to do something to thicken the hair, shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS before styling would help, at least you will get some volume. At least that did for me, on most days that is...
ecan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #1832

thin or fine hair? There's a difference in that actually. If i'm not wrong, most guys here have fine hair yes, but thin, not really, especially after i've seen some of the pictures of their hair here before, back in the days where there's a lot more sharing of pictures and their hair looks full.
Damn envy them cos unfortunately i have both fine and thin hair since young.

I think fine hair needs to do something to thicken the hair, shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS before styling would help, at least you will get some volume. At least that did for me, on most days that is...
Not an expert, so shall not go into the specifics of difference between thin / fine.

But as you have also rightly pointed out - for fine hair (which most guys here have), the solution is to thicken the hair using shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS etc..

Solely using promades, wax and what not will just result in hair being oily, limpy and will just weigh down the hair.

Of course, it's just what i discovered on my learning/trying journey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so not willing to get into an argument with anyone.
kenzio8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #1833

Not an expert, so shall not go into the specifics of difference between thin / fine.

But as you have also rightly pointed out - for fine hair (which most guys here have), the solution is to thicken the hair using shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS etc..

Solely using promades, wax and what not will just result in hair being oily, limpy and will just weigh down the hair.

Of course, it's just what i discovered on my learning/trying journey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so not willing to get into an argument with anyone.
right... that's what i learnt from here as well. previously was just on wax alone, gatsby moving rubber series. it worked well for a while, then i realized some days it's just bad. limpy, lack of volume etc.
primarily because i have fine hair, oily scalp. the relatively thin crop since young did not help.
there's a lot of products that does not help our case, like gels and most promades.
in general, i think lightweight products with matte finish works better for fine hair. that said, if the scalp is oily, the hair gets oily if you don't wash it out. i realized that on days like this, really need to shampoo off the oil. just simply washing with water doesn't cut it, add what SSS/pre-stylers also no use, the hair just won't get the volume it needs.
on days like this it is really damn pek cek.
kenzio8 likes this.
ecan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #1834

Beg to differ. I have always maintained that most of the products are not suitable for the thin hair that alot of Singapore guys have.
Your posts below mentioning things like pre stylers and thickening tonics are things that I have been talking about since forever.

If you've been following the thread since it's heydays u would know.

No need for me to further elaborate.
nichsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #1835

typical asian hair type tend to fall forward (fringed/bangs)

most angmor hair type typically go backwards (easy slickback even with just water)
thats why they can use virtually any decent product to achieve a nice combed back style without any awkward hairs sticking out or parting issues. less effort overall

go figure
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #1836

2 bucks for smartpac shipping, which is super worth it imo. Anw, copped it alr. Now waiting for it to arrive before I try it out.

Btws Flagship is releasing a clay product soon... ugh all my fave brands coming up with new products.
OH haha misread, thought u meant order from stickmore website
nich21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #1837
nez
Supremacy Member

Past few months MM & Nigelle Bold Make Clay are my daily drivers.
This few days been styling with the previous max wax 2.0 I got few months back but was not a fan of the cologne scent so left it untouch.
As per my previous impression, I do like the gritty thick texture, colour & gives a matt look with sufficient hold for my medium length. Spread nicely & does not tug at all.
My hair is between fine & rough & between think & thin.
For prestyling I am using wakin' mousse control. Just a nice variety for me from the usual salt spray.
nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #1838
Supremacy Member

Past few months MM & Nigelle Bold Make Clay are my daily drivers.
This few days been styling with the previous max wax 2.0 I got few months back but was not a fan of the cologne scent so left it untouch.
As per my previous impression, I do like the gritty thick texture, colour & gives a matt look with sufficient hold for my medium length. Spread nicely & does not tug at all.
My hair is between fine & rough & between think & thin.
For prestyling I am using wakin' mousse control. Just a nice variety for me from the usual salt spray.
I am also using wakin mousse too. In fact on a daily basis, and I can’t imagine if I do not have it. My verdict towards it has changed correspondingly too; used to think that sss hold is better than mousse but this product proved otherwise.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #1839

I am also using wakin mousse too. In fact on a daily basis, and I can’t imagine if I do not have it. My verdict towards it has changed correspondingly too; used to think that sss hold is better than mousse but this product proved otherwise.
Yeap quite like this mousse ever since I got it from you. Seems to be much more effective than the other mousses that I've tried haha.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #1840
nez
Supremacy Member

I am also using wakin mousse too. In fact on a daily basis, and I canít imagine if I do not have it. My verdict towards it has changed correspondingly too; used to think that sss hold is better than mousse but this product proved otherwise.
Ahhh.... personally I think I still prefer ref 323 & sidekick better. But to be honest if I stick to one for too long the style cmi. So need variety & change after some time.
nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #1841

Ahhh.... personally I think I still prefer ref 323 & sidekick better. But to be honest if I stick to one for too long the style cmi. So need variety & change after some time.
Generally SSS still works the best cos of the moisture absorbing effect. We need that for our climate haha
Old 03-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #1842

before i buy, can i check how’s the shine on stickmore clay fiber? is it as low as say morris motley?
nich21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #1843

before i buy, can i check how’s the shine on stickmore clay fiber? is it as low as say morris motley?
Nope. Stickmore has a tiny bit of natural shine esp at the beginning. But overall, you won't get that same dry finish that you get with Morris.

This is probably down to the high amount of waxes in stickmore clay, which contributes to its hold and durability.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #1844

So.. Idk what I'm doing but I've hooted Morris tsb 02, stickmore Styling Cream and gonzo shock wave over the past month.

Ordered gonzo as I've heard so much about how the original super slick works wonders in our weather. DMed them to ask and they were super responsive in explaining about the product.

If anything, customer service is a deal breaker for me in a market where every Tom, dick and Harry is bringing in and claiming to have the best products. Bought it out of that appreciation for gonzo's customer service as much as my curiosity for their products.

Wonder if our dear resident fool AbbyLim is gonna claim that I work for gonzo now also. Knowing how he/she thinks, probably la. LOL.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #1845

So.. Idk what I'm doing but I've hooted Morris tsb 02, stickmore Styling Cream and gonzo shock wave over the past month.

Ordered gonzo as I've heard so much about how the original super slick works wonders in our weather. DMed them to ask and they were super responsive in explaining about the product.

If anything, customer service is a deal breaker for me in a market where every Tom, dick and Harry is bringing in and claiming to have the best products. Bought it out of that appreciation for gonzo's customer service as much as my curiosity for their products.

Wonder if our dear resident fool AbbyLim is gonna claim that I work for gonzo now also. Knowing how he/she thinks, probably la. LOL.
how is the scent on the Shock wave?
zhaojun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.