HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2019, 04:36 PM   #1951
Master Member

Hi! Vogne shampoo is a daily moisturizing shampoo. Like what the other bros mentioned, it will definitely weigh down the hair due to the high level of moisture. I would only recommend this shampoo, if your hair is dry and you do not have a sensitive scalp. If not, it may be better to go for other shampoos, especially if you style your hair regularly.

On this matter, you may consider trying out anti hair loss prevention shampoo. I do realize that the drying effects of such shampoo help to make styling much easier and also, to show some care for your scalp. Many people thought that washing the hair w a shampoo would equate to washing the scalp. But itís different. If you think your hair is important, think twice.
It moisturizes also? No idea man, my hair feels dry after I wash it. But if it moisturizes also then great, nothing to worry about.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:37 PM   #1952
Supremacy Member

what hair dryer are u guys using? any to recommend? my budget is low
You may consider Panasonic EH-NA series as one of the possible options. I am seriously awed by the power of Panasonic in the domain of hair care. Usually, i take the concept of Ionic Hair Dryer w a pinch of salt. Because those so called “ionic” ones that I tried do not meet my expectations.

But Panasonic redefined this completely. Upon the first few tries, you will realize a significant improvement in your hair texture. It looks healthier and shinier. Now this may not mean a lot to guys, but no one is gonna say NO to healthier looking hair. Should you be sharing hairdryer with your partner at home, this will mean a lot to her (for obvious reasons).

FYI - I used to use a very normal hairdryer (ie no ionic function) with a high speed (ie 2200W). The various tiered speed/heat settings are also present, but one big problem that I faced is that I can feel my hair being dry and slightly frizzy after blow-drying. This never improve over time, even though I am able to improve it slightly with the use of hair wax/clay to enhance the hair texture.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #1953
Supremacy Member

I'm beginning to see a pattern in the way certain users have been posting. Hmm. Not sure if any of the bros can spot.
I actually didnt want to put my feet into this whole saga incident. It’s plain rubbish, IMO.

But I do realized that this brand - Gerson - publicly and blatantly replied with nothing but just biz-specific and service recovery info (if this is not advertising, i have no idea what is that). What surprised me more is that someone in this thread (everyone knows who) didnt say anything against that. In fact, none of the replies specific to Gerson was targeted by this person in question. I just thought that it’s funny, isn’t it?
Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #1954

thanks for the replies!
jcw_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1955

for quiff? i was reading some good reviews on this uppercut one, but then again, doesn't really matter for me since i dun do quiff. I reckon any ones with those beads at the end seems to do the job just fine?
yeah my style is quiff. hard to find a hair product for quiff too. currently using firsthand pomade
Old 11-03-2019, 09:20 PM   #1956

@nich song,

Bro u got any recommendation?
i am no longer doing the side part kind, now going more of the messy quiff style.

Do u think stickmore clay can do? or should i try the new cream from them
losthopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #1957

@nich song,

Bro u got any recommendation?
i am no longer doing the side part kind, now going more of the messy quiff style.

Do u think stickmore clay can do? or should i try the new cream from them
Hey bro,

I would still defo reco the clay, it's versatile enough to hold looser styles like the modern quiff for sure. The cream, I can't comment as I've yet to try it out. My jar hasn't even been open haha It's something I'm leaving to try out later.

Anws I've decided to let go of my single jar of TSB 02. There's way too many products I have on hand for me to finish. Any bros interested, DM me and we'll arrange something.
nichsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #1958

I actually didnt want to put my feet into this whole saga incident. Itís plain rubbish, IMO.

But I do realized that this brand - Gerson - publicly and blatantly replied with nothing but just biz-specific and service recovery info (if this is not advertising, i have no idea what is that). What surprised me more is that someone in this thread (everyone knows who) didnt say anything against that. In fact, none of the replies specific to Gerson was targeted by this person in question. I just thought that itís funny, isnít it?
Ups.
Pattern too sui already.
zhaojun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #1959

I actually didnt want to put my feet into this whole saga incident. It’s plain rubbish, IMO.

But I do realized that this brand - Gerson - publicly and blatantly replied with nothing but just biz-specific and service recovery info (if this is not advertising, i have no idea what is that). What surprised me more is that someone in this thread (everyone knows who) didnt say anything against that. In fact, none of the replies specific to Gerson was targeted by this person in question. I just thought that it’s funny, isn’t it?
So you are saying I am part of Gerson? I wish then I can buy my rolex watch too. They're new, giving the benefit of a doubt. Until I find an inconsistency in Gerson, I'm just watching them first.
AbbyLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:50 AM   #1960
Great Supremacy Member

Wow this is really cheap? but not SGD right?
Am looking for a second hairdryer...
SGD.. Keep a look out for shoppee flash sale.. The seller been flash sale for few times weeks ago

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 12-03-2019 at 12:52 AM..
Nakedtoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #1961

yeah my style is quiff. hard to find a hair product for quiff too. currently using firsthand pomade
hmmm i can't do quiff so i dunno. I think there was some reco on the uppercut roll brush that looks quite good but not cheap.
For hair products maybe u can look for robin james in youtube, i find his channel quite interesting to watch and he reviews quite a few products for his hair style (he was doing quiff previously). caveat is he is ang moh living in London so some of the things he say need to read with pinch of salt cos it may not work well for Asians hair and Singapore climate.
ecan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #1962

thanks. also any shampoo and conditioner to recommend? I'm using clear men now
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #1963

Gerson can afford Rolex? I canít even afford it yet 😂

Last edited by Sgpomadesofficial; 12-03-2019 at 09:20 PM..
Sgpomadesofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #1964

Gerson can afford Rolex? I canít even afford it yet 😂
Are you guys plan to slash ubersuave even cheaper?
zhaojun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #1965
Supremacy Member

thanks. also any shampoo and conditioner to recommend? I'm using clear men now
Any properties for shampoo that you’re looking out for?

1. Daily moisturizing / deep cleansing?
2. Scalp related issues? Eg. Dandruff / redness / itchiness
3. Color retention?
4. Thinning hair concerns?

Conditioner - Either greasy or non-greasy type that you can go for. Personally, I prefer a non-greasy type. Don’t like the oily feel after effect.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.