HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #2011

Does anyone have any hairspray to recommend? Have used powerpoint and l'abbell, but can't seem to find any of them in stores or online now. All the online stores nowadays seem to be only stocking wax and pomades, is hair spray not a thing anymore?
Just go NTUC / watson / chinatown etc buy those hairspray (gold or white color cylinder, forgot the actual brand name le)

Cheaper price, exact same holding power etc.
kenzio8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #2012
Supremacy Member

can paul mitchell shampoo be used everyday?
Deep cleansing shampoo are not meant to be used daily. It deep cleanses the scalp and hair as explained by the name. And this process inevitably dries the hair. For optimal results, it is best to complement it with another daily shampoo, whereby you use deep cleansing shampoo 2-3 times per week. In principle, you simply do not need to deep cleanse every day as there is no added purpose behind it.

Also, my 2cents is to shampoo your hair only once a day. When you over-cleanse, it becomes overly dry and eventually, the message sent to your scalp is to produce more oils to compensate for the loss. Hence, key is to do in moderation. So, if you style daily, shampoo at the end of the day to ensure a healthy scalp and clean hair.
Old 18-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #2013
Supremacy Member

Where can i buy this feeling power point?
I got mine from theprettyjerk.com
Thanks! But they are out of stock
Just to share, since this was asked and mentioned previously. Please skip through if you’re not interested in PP spray. Posting here in case it is of interest to some.

PP spray was out of stock, since Oct 2018. Many have been asking on this and good news today! New stocks will arrive approx mid April or so, in limited quantities though. Unfortunately, there is also a slight increase in the price due to higher cost prices. You may check out TPJ website, if you are interested in the preorder.
Old 18-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #2014

Just go NTUC / watson / chinatown etc buy those hairspray (gold or white color cylinder, forgot the actual brand name le)

Cheaper price, exact same holding power etc.
Yeap - He's referring to Gatsby. If you want a quick, affordable fix reach for one of those.

But if you're interested in properties such as light weight, ranges from matte to shine finish, extreme hold, easy washability, it'd be good to broaden your scope and look at other products as well!
nichsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #2015

Yeap - He's referring to Gatsby. If you want a quick, affordable fix reach for one of those.

But if you're interested in properties such as light weight, ranges from matte to shine finish, extreme hold, easy washability, it'd be good to broaden your scope and look at other products as well!
Hahaha so funny. Just what is your problem.

I didn't know Gatsby spray came in Gold or White cylinders. Read.

Went to google pictures, and for clarity i meant L'Oréal and Good Look hairsprays.
Old 18-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #2016

Went to google pictures, and for clarity i meant L'Or*********al and Good Look hairsprays.
Huh, what what's my problem? I was only giving recos. Why.. So defensive? I said nothing to offend u right? U sound like Abby leh.

And gatsby has a silver / white tin hairspray and their new gold hairspray which is marketed to be flexible.
Old 19-03-2019, 01:13 AM   #2017

He cheapo, don't waste time argue with someone who is eventually going to suffer from early hair loss.
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #2018
Supremacy Member

Went to google pictures, and for clarity i meant L'Oréal and Good Look hairsprays.
The problem is you're too damn stupid lol.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #2019

Huh, what what's my problem? I was only giving recos. Why.. So defensive? I said nothing to offend u right? U sound like Abby leh.

And gatsby has a silver / white tin hairspray and their new gold hairspray which is marketed to be flexible.
No. I am Abby. No one said Gatsby and you assumed.
AbbyLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #2020

No. I am Abby. No one said Gatsby and you assumed.
Errr. Assumptions are usually based on your personal experiences. And in my experience, gatsby does have a silver / white as well as a gold hairspray. Which led me to recall. Fully justified.

And in no way did I insult gatsby in my previous post. Fact.
Old 19-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #2021

Errr. Assumptions are usually based on your personal experiences. And in my experience, gatsby does have a silver / white as well as a gold hairspray. Which led me to recall. Fully justified.

And in no way did I insult gatsby in my previous post. Fact.
So is it silver, or is it white? LOL
Old 19-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #2022

Uh. Your point for asking?
Old 19-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #2023
Supremacy Member

Gatsby has both silver and white. You can check them out at Watsons. I personally used both before and it really didn’t work well for me.

The hold isn’t quite there, heavy and produce white flakes. Hence, I didnt like Gatsby range for hairspray. On the contrary, I was impressed w Gatsby moving rubber series though. The hold is there and good texture to ease application, but the deal breaker is on the washability. I was having a hard time getting it off my hair and experiencing quite a terrible situation of hair fall. Ever since, I didn’t go back to Gatsby.

To each his own. This is why different products suit different people, of different expectations and needs.
Old 19-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #2024

TSB 02 has the matte finish of the original TSB, but comes with a stronger, firmer hold similar to chrome
cant pm as my post count is too low. maybe u can hmu instead?
asdf2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #2025

cant pm as my post count is too low. maybe u can hmu instead?
Do u have a carousell account?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.