HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #2041
Supremacy Member

anyone tried kms sss before? how is it?
KMS is a big brand. However, it is not suitable for us asians. Tried it out personally myself too. The hold is not strong enough, so the results after using it will be indifferent. The pros are the smell and the strong branding though.
Old 22-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #2042
Supremacy Member

btw how do yall know/test if your scalp is normal/oily/dry?
Hi! It’s just like how do you know your face is oily. Likewise for your scalp. For people with oily or dry scalp, you will know it if you are one of them. If you do not know, you’re most likely having a normal scalp.
Old 22-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #2043
Supremacy Member

Damn nice! Where is your salon bro?
Thanks! Let me PM you later.
Old 22-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #2044

Looks like lightly permed hair to me?
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #2045

<Stickmore styling cream>

So. Just tried this out for the first time today, pre styled with by vilain sidekick zero and boy. This is some mad stuff. More rigid hold than clay fiber but with a noticeably lighter weight. This product has the closest strength to weight ratio to Indians clay that I've tried. I'll say it. The best performing homebrew product I've ever used thus far.

Clay is more adjustable and restylable due to it being slightly less grippy. But they both have amazing endurance.

Styling cream lasted more than a 14 hour day with a slight blast of rain and crazy humidity at the prudential marina bay carnival. A few strays came loose naturally, but the volume remains and the product presence is very much there.

Gripes?

Slight tugging during application. Natural for a product with such high holding power.

Washability wise, you'll need to use slightly more of your shampoo to completely get it out, but still comes out within one rinse.

I'll say it again. Best performing homebrew product I've tried.

The guys at Stickmore are mad. This is genuinely a brand that I will be keeping strict tabs on for their future releases.

Last edited by nichsong; 22-03-2019 at 11:59 PM..
nichsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 12:36 AM   #2046

ah i see i see.
jcw_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 12:36 AM   #2047

Thanks! Let me PM you later.
pm me too. looking for a hairstylist.
Old 23-03-2019, 12:56 AM   #2048
Master Member

<Stickmore styling cream>

So. Just tried this out for the first time today, pre styled with by vilain sidekick zero and boy. This is some mad stuff. More rigid hold than clay fiber but with a noticeably lighter weight. This product has the closest strength to weight ratio to Indians clay that I've tried. I'll say it. The best performing homebrew product I've ever used thus far.

Clay is more adjustable and restylable due to it being slightly less grippy. But they both have amazing endurance.

Styling cream lasted more than a 14 hour day with a slight blast of rain and crazy humidity at the prudential marina bay carnival. A few strays came loose naturally, but the volume remains and the product presence is very much there.

Gripes?

Slight tugging during application. Natural for a product with such high holding power.

Washability wise, you'll need to use slightly more of your shampoo to completely get it out, but still comes out within one rinse.

I'll say it again. Best performing homebrew product I've tried.

The guys at Stickmore are mad. This is genuinely a brand that I will be keeping strict tabs on for their future releases.
Able to try again but this time with OS SSS?? Hahaha. If also solid I hoot liao

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
jollyboi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #2049

Able to try again but this time with OS SSS?? Hahaha. If also solid I hoot liao

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
Should have no problems bro. With that level of performance it should work with just about any decent pre styler that gives structure. I've personally been using sidekick zero as I like the rigid structure and hold it gives, tho it is sticky and grippy. I need it for my fine hair.
Old 23-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #2050

first time using sss and damn, its crazy good. the brand is ref 323. thinking of using it alone without any other hair products.
Old 23-03-2019, 07:49 PM   #2051

first time using sss and damn, its crazy good. the brand is ref 323. thinking of using it alone without any other hair products.
Welcome to the world of advanced hair styling hahah. Enjoy. Rmb the first time I used OS SSS and was like fk. What have I been missing out all this while.
Old 23-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #2052
Supremacy Member

Damn nice! Where is your salon bro?
pm me too. looking for a hairstylist.
Done! PM-ed you guys. Hope it helps!
Old 23-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #2053
Supremacy Member

Using SSS alone on casual days is fine. However, it is only providing the hold. But not the texture. So your hair will look voluminous but its in a "clump". It is still better to use it together with the main styling product (i.e. wax/clay).
Old 23-03-2019, 08:38 PM   #2054
Supremacy Member

Welcome to the world of advanced hair styling hahah. Enjoy. Rmb the first time I used OS SSS and was like fk. What have I been missing out all this while.
Yes, bro! When I first came across OS sss, I was very amazed too.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #2055

Need recommendations!

My previous hairstylist use to perm my hair using the straightener instead of the roller kind.

I find that the way he do is quite Long lasting (about 3mths for short hair) and has nicer curl.

Unfortunately he went back to his hometown and I tried asking a few salons but mostly don’t do this kind of perm.

Anyone has any experience?
Supersinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.