HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #316

If color and cut at different salons, will you cut first or color first?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Stylebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #317

If color and cut at different salons, will you cut first or color first?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
For me colour first

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
jollyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #318

Can defo find them online on platforms such as Carousell or Shopee!

anyone knows where i can get layrite cement clay?
pdsubbu likes this.
nichsong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #319

Smile

Can defo find them online on platforms such as Carousell or Shopee!
Super like!

I need one as well - waiting for someone to share the exact location to buy!
pdsubbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #320
Supremacy Member

anyone know which jean yip hair salon to go , as i purchase their hair services recently
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #321

Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm CNY 2018

anyone here gotten the new Morris Motley Balm CNY edition? its $51.91 SGD on Morris Motley website but apparently SGPomades brought it in and is selling at $50 SGD. Adding on their CNY storewide 10% off currently, it looks like a good steal
Iceman1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #322

Hey guys what are your thoughts on ApesToMen? Is it a bad brand and should I be buying it?
Made in China. Same with Ubersuave, they actually took the effort to remove the "Made in China" wording on their latest packaging though.
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #323

anyone here gotten the new Morris Motley Balm CNY edition? its $51.91 SGD on Morris Motley website but apparently SGPomades brought it in and is selling at $50 SGD. Adding on their CNY storewide 10% off currently, it looks like a good steal
edit* sgpomades IG shows the all black tub inside the cny edition box, shouldn't it be a red tub?

just get it off Shopee for $35, even less if you apply discount code and coins. The limited edition is just a marketing gimmick by Morris Motley themselves. I have the all black tub and compared both the original, scent is completely the same.

$10 to $15 more just for a new design and red-colored (eeeww) tub?? No thanks

https://shopee.sg/Morris-motley-Trea...3516.188515071
Trans-Am likes this.

Last edited by sansanjikikut; 20-02-2018 at 01:23 AM..
Old 19-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #324

Super like!

I need one as well - waiting for someone to share the exact location to buy!
Quite a few box shops selling it for $35, its the new packaging. Don't think you can find the old one anymore.

You can chat them for exact store location
https://www.instagram.com/pomademart/
Old 21-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #325

Made in China. Same with Ubersuave, they actually took the effort to remove the "Made in China" wording on their latest packaging though.
Hahaha great on you to be taking note! One would be surprised to learn that a lot of brands garner feedback from us here on hwz. Maybe they saw the whole MIC thing that was going on here and decided to scrap it from their label. But they claim that the newly formulated products are less drying on the hair tho. Have yet to hear any news on that.

On a side note tho I don't think all things made in china means they are automatically lousy. Just so happened that some of the "local brand" products I've tried all get their products made from the same lab, and they dry out my hair like crazy.
Old 22-02-2018, 12:37 AM   #326

Nic, its not all china products are lousy but the fact that these so called 'big' sellers don't bother to do QC or even know their products inside out. I doubt they even use their own products and some of them can't even style a pomp for nuts and yet still have the cheek to provide youtubeable/googleable styling tips/advice. End of the day, its only the dollars that they care about.

On the other hand, i have utmost respect for sellers who are hair styling enthusiasts themselves and actually know their craft, hold fast not to competition, but respect for the trade itself.

Also notice this trend lately, G company approach multiple sellers on instagram\carousell and attempt to wholesale their white label products with enticing prices. These sellers, lured by the illusory profit, quickly commit to the 'good' deal and flood the already saturated market with G company products. I hope buyers are savvy enough to avoid these shitty brands.
Old 22-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #327

Nic, its not all china products are lousy but the fact that these so called 'big' sellers don't bother to do QC or even know their products inside out. I doubt they even use their own products and some of them can't even style a pomp for nuts and yet still have the cheek to provide youtubeable/googleable styling tips/advice. End of the day, its only the dollars that they care about.

On the other hand, i have utmost respect for sellers who are hair styling enthusiasts themselves and actually know their craft, hold fast not to competition, but respect for the trade itself.

Also notice this trend lately, G company approach multiple sellers on instagram\carousell and attempt to wholesale their white label products with enticing prices. These sellers, lured by the illusory profit, quickly commit to the 'good' deal and flood the already saturated market with G company products. I hope buyers are savvy enough to avoid these shitty brands.
Couldn't have said it better. There are only 2-3 local brands who are actually creating their own products. The rest are just all about the profit margin. Low cost MIC products, sell for a higher price. As most consumers are uneducated about product quality.. They tend to just go for whatever is cheap and whatever the product promises without doing prior research.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
Old 22-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #328

Today i finally got to try the legendary MM Balm after it's delivered to me yesterday. Together with Ref 323 SSS, the end result is more than satisfactory so far! Thanks for all the recommendation!

I find that the MM balm did give me some vol on top of the SSS, and some shape. My hair is a problematic one, fine, thin, short/medium length.
It does weigh down after some time in the day, but does not go completely flat (which is good). Even when some wind blows my hair does not fly here and there even without spray. Usually with spray if the wind blows my whole hair flies up as though i'm wearing a wig

That said, i think need more time to know if it's really the best i had so far (used to love the quick sand). And one more litmus test for later, that is after workout! Although i doubt any product will work for me, cos I perspire too darn a lot, so the hair confirm go flat and thin after XD.
gaoxing84 likes this.
ecan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #329

edit* sgpomades IG shows the all black tub inside the cny edition box, shouldn't it be a red tub?

just get it off Shopee for $35, even less if you apply discount code and coins. The limited edition is just a marketing gimmick by Morris Motley themselves. I have the all black tub and compared both the original, scent is completely the same.

$10 to $15 more just for a new design and red-colored (eeeww) tub?? No thanks

https://shopee.sg/Morris-motley-Trea...3516.188515071

Thanks for sharing this link. Its really the cheapest for Morris Motley!!
Extremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 11:50 PM   #330

Thanks for sharing this link. Its really the cheapest for Morris Motley!!
Hope you got a jar or 2 now that the promo has ended. Its still cheapest in the market though, at $39 a jar. Use $10 code for new user get it at $29!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.