The Hair Thread - Part 5

ecan07

Reaction score
If you have sensitive scalp, one good option will be organic shampoo. It contains ingredients that are gentle and less likely irritate your scalp. However, scalp sensitivity can vary across individuals. If your sensitivity is not high, then you need not look at organic shampoo.

To counter oily hair, you may have to explore deep cleansing shampoo for better cleansing power.

One option for you to look at is Tai Hair Green Tea shampoo. It meets both requirements - organic shampoo + deep cleansing shampoo. Hence, it should be able to help you in this case.

Hi there,

I'm also looking to get this. Wonder if it's advisable to just use this every day or should i get another shampoo to rotate around?

Always thought i just have oily scalp but recent trip to Australia (which was cold) and came back found out that my scalp is quite sensitive and was itchy and flaking when i came back... Any recommendations?

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha parabens are not as bad as the cosmetic industry makes it out to be tho. Search up "parabens Paula's choice"

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

I know, but i mean the product supported/imported by an apothecary company such as lockharts with focus on natural healthy ingredients just does not seem right. :s8:

nichsong

Reaction score
I know, but i mean the product supported/imported by an apothecary company such as lockharts with focus on natural healthy ingredients just does not seem right. :s8:

Well yeah, considering the formulations for their own products don't contain parabens as far as I know haha.

On a side not I've ordered apothecary 87 clay pomade to try out.

Been seriously addicted to buying new hair products over the past few years.. Any bros who know can reco a good rehab method hit me up. Thanks.

striker22

Reaction score
The best way to fight this addiction is to get to the root of the problem. Shave bald.

Been seriously addicted to buying new hair products over the past few years.. Any bros who know can reco a good rehab method hit me up. Thanks.

huatah

Reaction score
Will the use of hair wax cause hair fall ?

Went to far east plaza and the shop people recommend me TIGI Bed Head for men. Say its mostly organic stuff and easy to wash off.

Was thinking of getting the morris motley treatment styling balm but they dont sell it there.

Is there any product that can style your hair and yet not damaging for your hair at the same time ?

nichsong

Reaction score

Went to far east plaza and the shop people recommend me TIGI Bed Head for men. Say its mostly organic stuff and easy to wash off.

Was thinking of getting the morris motley treatment styling balm but they dont sell it there.

Is there any product that can style your hair and yet not damaging for your hair at the same time ?

You've got the answer. Morris motley balm. Haha there are actually quite a lot of other brands who create hair products with healthy ingredients

Villas-Boas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thin hair should use Pomade, Clay or Wax? I searched online but cannot find a specific answer...:(:(

My hair length is short to low medium. Sides are shaved down..:):) Anyone can recommend some product? Using Joico Erratic clay but very hard to style..

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recomm to repair permed hair?

It is natural to experience dry hair, frizzy ends for permed hair.

You can try hair mask or leave-on conditioners for such cases. The former gives better results but its more cumbersome as you need to wash it off plus costly. Leave on conditioners are much easier and simpler to use, on the other hand. But efficacy may be lower (tradeoff). If your dryness is not very bad, i would suggest leave on conditioners.

Options for your consideration: SH RD protein cream or Korial Vitamin Booster

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm also looking to get this. Wonder if it's advisable to just use this every day or should i get another shampoo to rotate around?

Always thought i just have oily scalp but recent trip to Australia (which was cold) and came back found out that my scalp is quite sensitive and was itchy and flaking when i came back... Any recommendations?

1. Deep cleansing shampoo can be drying, given their function to deep cleanse. I would not recommend to use it daily as there is no additional benefit (unless your hair and scalp are extremely oily and emit strong odour). 2-3 times per week is more than enough. This includes Tai Hair Green Tea Shampoo.

2. Yes, alternating w daily moisturizing shampoo is more recommended. To balance cleansing and hydration for the hair. Do note that if one is styling the hair everyday, a little bit of dryness in the hair makes styling easier.

3. I will recommend you zahara scalp nourishing shampoo. Very effective for itchiness, dryness or redness in the scalp. My scalp is normal type but there was once i got a very painful acne on my scalp. One use of zahara shampoo solves it and yes, this is my honest review.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, considering the formulations for their own products don't contain parabens as far as I know haha.

Bro, nothing wrong with wanting to try out so many new products. Its basically your passion, your area of interest, i believe.

However, for me - the more I try, the more I realize that we don’t need to try too many to find the holy grail. You know it when it’s here ;)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am not a believer when it comes to the myth of hair products causing hair fall/loss.

One must understand how hair fall is caused. Its due to lack of hair care and clogged hair pores in the scalp. For instance, using Gatsby doesn’t cause you to suffer from hair fall. However, using Gatsby attribute to higher correlation of having hair fall simply because it is harder to cleanse off.

As long as you apply the right technique (don’t apply hair products onto the scalp directly) and exercise proper hair care (cleanse properly), you will be fine ;)

FYI - I dont think Tigi Bed Head products are organic though. Tigi products are good though.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score

That clay ingredients reminds me of baxter, petrolatum laden products are not for me. If you like clay based products, you should consider getting products that have both bentonite and kaolin as their main ingredients. It really brings out what a clay should be like. Kaolin alone is not sufficient imo.

ecan07

Reaction score
1. Deep cleansing shampoo can be drying, given their function to deep cleanse. I would not recommend to use it daily as there is no additional benefit (unless your hair and scalp are extremely oily and emit strong odour). 2-3 times per week is more than enough. This includes Tai Hair Green Tea Shampoo.

2. Yes, alternating w daily moisturizing shampoo is more recommended. To balance cleansing and hydration for the hair. Do note that if one is styling the hair everyday, a little bit of dryness in the hair makes styling easier.

3. I will recommend you zahara scalp nourishing shampoo. Very effective for itchiness, dryness or redness in the scalp. My scalp is normal type but there was once i got a very painful acne on my scalp. One use of zahara shampoo solves it and yes, this is my honest review.

Thanks bro! I was considering the Coco or the Daily Cut care on your website but now it looks like there's one more to consider!

Just curious, will Zahara leave the hair slightly dry so that it's good for styling say the following day?

Cos i also don't want my hair to be so moisturised such that it becomes too limp and soft for styling the next day, which some shamppos gave me that problem. All kinds of problem i know... :p

nichsong

Reaction score
That clay ingredients reminds me of baxter, petrolatum laden products are not for me. If you like clay based products, you should consider getting products that have both bentonite and kaolin as their main ingredients. It really brings out what a clay should be like. Kaolin alone is not sufficient imo.

Hmm yeahh, I just bought it out of curiosity haha. Well tried it today and.. think it'll be one of those products that I'll only use once in awhile haha

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Ubersuave made in china
Apestomen made in china
Refined made in china

Avoid these cheapskate white label brands

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! I was considering the Coco or the Daily Cut care on your website but now it looks like there's one more to consider!

Just curious, will Zahara leave the hair slightly dry so that it's good for styling say the following day?

Cos i also don't want my hair to be so moisturised such that it becomes too limp and soft for styling the next day, which some shamppos gave me that problem. All kinds of problem i know... :p

If you prefer your hair to be slightly dry after shampooing, you can consider Q8 Carbolic Moisturizing Shampoo.

nichsong

Reaction score
So just tried out apothecary 87 clay, and boy do I love it. Super duper endurance, very lightweight, gives nice touchable medium-firm hold with lots of volume that stays - precisely because its oil based.

I have used it for 2 days straight without pre styling, and volume can easily be re-achieved just by finger combing. Lasted more than 12 hours on both occasions. Absolutely love this.

Tradeoffs? Super difficult to wash off your hands after styling , but it will "evaporate" as the day goes by. In terms of washing out of your hair, it's much easier for some reason. I'd say it comes out in one generic shampoo wash. 1.5 washes if you really want it to be super squeaky clean.

Verdict? My new go-to. Rotating it with my Morris tsb.

nichsong

Reaction score
Bro, nothing wrong with wanting to try out so many new products. Its basically your passion, your area of interest, i believe.

However, for me - the more I try, the more I realize that we don’t need to try too many to find the holy grail. You know it when it’s here ;)

Haha true that bro, close to 4 years of trying hair products! Madness lol

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
So just tried out apothecary 87 clay, and boy do I love it. Super duper endurance, very lightweight, gives nice touchable medium-firm hold with lots of volume that stays - precisely because its oil based.

I have used it for 2 days straight without pre styling, and volume can easily be re-achieved just by finger combing. Lasted more than 12 hours on both occasions. Absolutely love this.

Tradeoffs? Super difficult to wash off your hands after styling , but it will "evaporate" as the day goes by. In terms of washing out of your hair, it's much easier for some reason. I'd say it comes out in one generic shampoo wash. 1.5 washes if you really want it to be super squeaky clean.

Verdict? My new go-to. Rotating it with my Morris tsb.

Must be due to the high level of petrolatum. Did you try dishwashing liquid to get it off?

Surely you need a strong shampoo to get it off one time your hair ends and scalp.

nichsong

Reaction score
Must be due to the high level of petrolatum. Did you try dishwashing liquid to get it off?

Surely you need a strong shampoo to get it off one time your hair ends and scalp.

Haha maybe ill try using dishwashing soap for my hands tmr LOL. But in terms of washing it off my hair it's not too bad though. I really used to be super put off by oil based products but this one has changed my mind a little. Its a tradeoff for the amount of volume and touchable hold that I can hold on to throughout the day. Its quite a refreshing change I would say.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.