The Leather Thread

seanpsk

Master Member
Reaction score
Last burst of fire before I go for reservist..

PythonTrimLongWallet1.jpg

PythonTrimLongWallet2.jpg

PythonTrimLongWallet3.jpg

PythonTrimLongWallet4.jpg

bro your work is really F**king good. If i got spare monies that white one would be gone.

Kuroba

Reaction score
Actually my dyes, finishes, and all my hardware are still kept in the room. No more space here. But yes, at least the glue, and thinner is out here.

But actually smell was never a problem, noise and leather dust is worse. Over here, I don't have to clean up so thoroughly once I'm done for the day.

Pony is from Tandy. Needed some modifications on the tightening screws before it could work properly. But what to expect for US$20.. haha...

The smell is ok, can get used to it. But I think its not good to keep inhaling the fumes...

Yes the glue is my main worry. But for me store outside also mafan, have to bring in everytime I need to glue something, which is all the time. I think finishes and dyes also not good to keep in the bedroom.

Leather dust is a pain. Some more when weather is hot ill have to turn on the fan and the dust will fly everywhere. Sometimes I do until late at night too tired to sweep end up just sleep with the dust :(

reddevil76

Reaction score
Leather dust is a pain. Some more when weather is hot ill have to turn on the fan and the dust will fly everywhere. Sometimes I do until late at night too tired to sweep end up just sleep with the dust :(

Haha, been there done that. I've ever pushed myself till so late that I nearly fell asleep driving to work next day. But I've tried to moderate myself recently. Anyway, quality suffers when you're tired and concentration drops.

Actually targeted for 3 wallets for this last burst of fire. Third was supposed to be one with decorative swivel knife cuts and braided edges. But really not enough time. Still have to shop for new clothes for my new job in May and also prepare for my in camp on Monday.

How about some pics of your work area :D

Kuroba

Reaction score
Haha ive stabbed myself a couple of times with the awl while working late at night before. Got 1 time not so lucky some blood fell on to the piece I was working on.

Heh why not? Ive been wanting to show how makeshift my workspace is :o, so here goes

workspace1.jpg

Its relatively cleaner now, cause I just finished something and tidied up. When i'm working on something the stuff are just all over the place

workspace2.jpg

My "stitching pony". Not exactly a very good one. Doesn't clamp well a lot of times, and the thread tends to get caught up with the clamp while stitching. Maybe when I have time in the future ill put together a better one. Sometimes I just use my knees, as you suggested last time.

workspace3.jpg

Some of the less used stuff chucked in a box behind

I so need a sturdier table. Its incredibly difficult to set stuff with it. And it makes hell lot of noise, especially when setting copper rivets which needs loads of hammering. Sometimes I just bring my pieces outside to set.

Anyway good luck for reservice and for your job! I'm sure you will have spare time to churn out 1 or 2 stuff every now and then in the future?

Last edited:

reddevil76

Reaction score
Haha ive stabbed myself a couple of times with the awl while working late at night before. Got 1 time not so lucky some blood fell on to the piece I was working on.

Heh why not? Ive been wanting to show how makeshift my workspace is :o, so here goes

Its relatively cleaner now, cause I just finished something and tidied up. When i'm working on something the stuff are just all over the place

My "stitching pony". Not exactly a very good one. Doesn't clamp well a lot of times, and the thread tends to get caught up with the clamp while stitching. Maybe when I have time in the future ill put together a better one. Sometimes I just use my knees, as you suggested last time.

Some of the less used stuff chucked in a box behind

I so need a sturdier table. Its incredibly difficult to set stuff with it. And it makes hell lot of noise, especially when setting copper rivets which needs loads of hammering. Sometimes I just bring my pieces outside to set.

Anyway good luck for reservice and for your job! I'm sure you will have spare time to churn out 1 or 2 stuff every now and then in the future?

My old work space also had alot of bounce in the surface, so I had to set snaps, rivets, etc on the floor.

My current one is actually an old Singer sewing machine bed, with a marble slab on top. But it is too small to do cutting, so I do that on an adjacent long table beside it.

One solution for you is to get a stone slab, propped by a few bricks, just beside your current table. You get can then just swing to the side to do punching holes, setting, on the slab, then go back to the table for other stuff. So you need not run in and out..

Kuroba

Reaction score
My old work space also had alot of bounce in the surface, so I had to set snaps, rivets, etc on the floor.

My current one is actually an old Singer sewing machine bed, with a marble slab on top. But it is too small to do cutting, so I do that on an adjacent long table beside it.

One solution for you is to get a stone slab, propped by a few bricks, just beside your current table. You get can then just swing to the side to do punching holes, setting, on the slab, then go back to the table for other stuff. So you need not run in and out..

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure if my room still has space for bricks. And ill need to find bricks and a flat stone slab first.

By the way did you ship in your marble slab, or did you get a scrap from one of the local companies?

reddevil76

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure if my room still has space for bricks. And ill need to find bricks and a flat stone slab first.

By the way did you ship in your marble slab, or did you get a scrap from one of the local companies?

It's on indefinite loan from my friend, but I'm sure if you ask around, there should be a contractor who would be willing to sell you a slab.

Geeezz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi juz a qns on views on peruzzi florence leather products? r they good? o.o TIA

--Lipsu--

Reaction score
Apart from standard leather works, we are still offering customizing services.

Here are some projects done based on customizing.

Volkswagon Car Key Pouch
25041122.JPG

25041124.JPG

25041123.JPG

Name and Studs Custom Leather Belt
5642604190_a6b43f6173.jpg

25041110.JPG

5642604184_a691bd40bb.jpg

--Lipsu--

Reaction score
100% DURABLE!
Utilizing 8oz Vegetable-Tanned leathers of Natural and Black colours. These wallets are going to last a lifetime of usage. Workwear style, maximum functionality but not compromising fashion.

Our WX2 Long Wallet comes with card slots, stack slots, full-length bill slots and zipper compartment, fulfilling all you need to carry.With size of a long wallet, they come with metal chains as wallet rein for security.
I have been using such design of wallet for a long time, and I must say, it is absolutely a wallet which I used with ease and comfort.

Fashionably, such wallets have been used by many Japanese celebrities due to its functionality and user-friendly concept.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Visit us for more detail and fit pics

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just hooted this online! Can't wait to receive it!

Here's how it looks like:
Swedish-Army-1.jpg

How it looks like after 10 years of wear:
SAB-1.JPG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.