www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Fashion & Grooming (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/)
-   -   Men's Formal Work Bag Recommendation (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/mens-formal-work-bag-recommendation-5008435.html)

bbqbeans 28-03-2015 02:40 PM

Men's Formal Work Bag Recommendation
 
Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a new men's work bag and would appreciate some recommendations.

My last 2 work bags were from Pedro and they were not very durable.
Probably couldn't last for even a year.

Anyone here using Braun Buffel Leather bags ? Would appreciate some feedback on them.

All other recommendations would be appreciated as well. Preferably leather bags . Budget is max about $300 ~ . I know braun buffel is well in the range of $500 and above and I'm willing to stretch my budget to that amount if its really good quality.

Thanks !

ahboy82 28-03-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbeans (Post 92833500)
Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a new men's work bag and would appreciate some recommendations.

My last 2 work bags were from Pedro and they were not very durable.
Probably couldn't last for even a year.

Anyone here using Braun Buffel Leather bags ? Would appreciate some feedback on them.

All other recommendations would be appreciated as well. Preferably leather bags . Budget is max about $300 ~ . I know braun buffel is well in the range of $500 and above and I'm willing to stretch my budget to that amount if its really good quality.

Thanks !

Moi braun buffel leather office bag lasted for abt 4 years.Leather started pealing.

voltshin 28-03-2015 06:58 PM

can try http://www.linjer.co/collections/shop.
looks good..

bbqbeans 28-03-2015 07:00 PM

Braun Buffel Leather bag will also peel ? I heard genuine leather wont have the problem of peeling . Anyway, thanks for the input !

trd2970 28-03-2015 07:03 PM

$300 get victorinox. If can spare $500-600 get tumi.

ahboy82 28-03-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbeans (Post 92838027)
Braun Buffel Leather bag will also peel ? I heard genuine leather wont have the problem of peeling . Anyway, thanks for the input !

I doubt real leather wont peal leh

Sg weather so humid

I oso nvr realli take care of my bb bag. Bought it for 350 ok la reasonable price

U can consider other brands like tumi samsonite porter jack spade braun buffel coach etc loh

darthsid11111 28-03-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahboy82 (Post 92838832)
I doubt real leather wont peal leh

Sg weather so humid

I oso nvr realli take care of my bb bag. Bought it for 350 ok la reasonable price

U can consider other brands like tumi samsonite porter jack spade braun buffel coach etc loh

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbeans (Post 92838027)
Braun Buffel Leather bag will also peel ? I heard genuine leather wont have the problem of peeling . Anyway, thanks for the input !

Actually genuine leather is one of the lowest grades of leather around. Typically peeling will occur because the colour is an extra layer on top of the actual leather instead of being actually dyed into the leather.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

ahboy82 28-03-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthsid11111 (Post 92841198)
Actually genuine leather is one of the lowest grades of leather around. Typically peeling will occur because the colour is an extra layer on top of the actual leather instead of being actually dyed into the leather.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

ok i not expert at all these la

i oni buy becos of the design and brands, lol

bags i buy also not very expensive bags can tahan 3-4 years i ok with changing.

if i have the money i will absolutely love to splurge on a BV leather bag though.

:D

darthsid11111 28-03-2015 09:55 PM

Hey, not trying to put you down. Just for sharing purposes.

Anyway, for better value for money, my suggestion is to look for Full-Grain (highest quality) or Top-Grain (2nd highest quality) leather. These products will literally last you a lifetime if you take care of them well.

Purchase from brands specialising in high quality leather goods and not "fashion" brands. I think can try Coach for starters.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

ahboy82 28-03-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthsid11111 (Post 92841485)
Hey, not trying to put you down. Just for sharing purposes.

Anyway, for better value for money, my suggestion is to look for Full-Grain (highest quality) or Top-Grain (2nd highest quality) leather. These products will literally last you a lifetime if you take care of them well.

Purchase from brands specialising in high quality leather goods and not "fashion" brands. I think can try Coach for starters.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

like that hoh might as well turn to those deal with leather one

like
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/

darthsid11111 28-03-2015 10:29 PM

Well, in terms of value for money.. They will be the best.

But if you're interested in something that is fashionable and you can change every few years then different lah.

Actually depends on what kind of consumer you are bah. No right no wrong.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

josephkjc 29-03-2015 05:37 PM

Get Bally if got the budget. Mine is 5 years and still going strong

vVovolVersace 29-03-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahboy82 (Post 92841389)
ok i not expert at all these la

i oni buy becos of the design and brands, lol

bags i buy also not very expensive bags can tahan 3-4 years i ok with changing.

if i have the money i will absolutely love to splurge on a BV leather bag though.

:D

U confirm got money lah. Is u dun want buy.

Beta_Tester 30-03-2015 12:35 AM

I use Braun Buffel. Last me years n they clean foc for u.

evets 30-03-2015 01:20 AM

braun Büffel is not bad.
lasted me for quite a nos of years before the handle starts to fall off.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.