Official EDMW Casio G-Shock Watch Owners Club. - Part 2

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all pros advice. While I really dig g designs but I think spending 900 1k on a g is too expensive. Then again Rolex out of my reach haha...

Sent from broken down mrt using GAGT

nWo

Reaction score
Hi, just checking if MT-G B1000 @ $1,199 RRP or B1000B @ $1,249 RRP is a better buy?

Is it possible to change the resin strap to a metal one? is there a black or dark coloured metal strap? Can this be done at the Casio service centre?

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, just checking if MT-G B1000 @ $1,199 RRP or B1000B @ $1,249 RRP is a better buy?

Is it possible to change the resin strap to a metal one? is there a black or dark coloured metal strap? Can this be done at the Casio service centre?

mainly just that extra black ion plating and red accents

my dw5030c had black ion plating, i scratched it to the bare stainless steel at a few spots when my budget caseback opener slipped....

so i don't count on black ip coating to be as durable or chip resistant as DLC (diamond like carbon).
for me i wouldn't pay that extra $ as i don't care for red accents either

resin to metal strap availability, provided there is an existing variant of this exact model with bracelet then you can 'buy' this specific bracelet.

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to all pros advice. While I really dig g designs but I think spending 900 1k on a g is too expensive. Then again Rolex out of my reach haha...

Sent from broken down mrt using GAGT

usually people buy the cheap ones as daily beater. looking better with scuffs here and there is a bonus.

over $500 models are people who are starting to get deep. i wouldn't mind though if they make a 42-44mm MTG with all the same levels of ruggedness

nWo

Reaction score

my dw5030c had black ion plating, i scratched it to the bare stainless steel at a few spots when my budget caseback opener slipped....

so i don't count on black ip coating to be as durable or chip resistant as DLC (diamond like carbon).

resin to metal strap availability, provided there is an existing variant of this exact model with bracelet then you can 'buy' this specific bracelet.
Hey thanks for your insights. Maybe getting a black ion plating watchface isn't that great an idea... Anyway, does G Factory or any other shops sells the older MT-G watches at a discount?

By the way how come no one seems to like the new Gravity Master GR-B100 series?

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your insights. Maybe getting a black ion plating watchface isn't that great an idea... Anyway, does G Factory or any other shops sells the older MT-G watches at a discount?

By the way how come no one seems to like the new Gravity Master GR-B100 series?

G-Fact everything should be full retail prices unless there are some weird sale going on

iirc almost never seen MT-G before in local brick&mortar shops apart from G-Fact.
MT-G was only re-introduced in about the last half decade, if you google for vintages they are really probably up to early 2000 stuff so only way to get those is ebay, flea markets or watch forums (same for those 90s to 2000 MR-G)

those local atas multi-brand boutiques may carry some of the MR-G line

the GR-B100 with green screen not bad looking la haha

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score

Some black watches do look nice after some wear and tear though
RufUHjxl.jpg

Shoeplan

Reaction score
Desperately looking for new/used(good cond) mtg-g1000d-1a2jf. Anybody knows where to get it at an affordable price that is not marked up too much?

Reaction score
Desperately looking for new/used(good cond) mtg-g1000d-1a2jf. Anybody knows where to get it at an affordable price that is not marked up too much?

Try carousell, got few ppl selling, check it out, preowned average $900+.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.