Online Shopping SCAM

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

Sunflowerbaby

Reaction score
Online shopping

Well, I do agreed there is lot of scam online shop these day.

Just be careful, lot of youngster set up their own blog shop, and start selling stuff, unless you are the seller, if not better not to make purchase, some requirement are, cash transfer using ATM Nets. There is spree also, bank in money to a certain person and she will make the group purchase on your behalf.

Is better to go to those onlineshop that is reputable and safe to make purchase, some of the online shop even provide cash on delievery. You only pay when you received the good or credit card payment.

Basically I am someone who like to make purchase, i will go to amazon.com , ebay.com , cute4ever.com, yumtrade.com to make purchase.

So do becare when doing online shopping.

frapuccino

Reaction score
i went to shop on one of the online store before, forget what. they write there 14 working days, so i waited until 1month plus never receive the stuff (spend $50). tried to call the person, she never pick up. sms +email also never reply (before i send the money, she got reply). then report police, but police said they cant do anything, because online shopping is based on mutual trust. they did write the report though. at the end i got the items though, after 2/3 months. i texted the person to thank her but my bf said i dunnid to apologise cz she is the one at fault. i still dunno whether she send it after the police contacted her or not..

ZombieJane

Reaction score
Yeah, we must be careful when comes on online shopping, i normally tried to purchase 1 piece first to test their services, quality as well as responsiveness...
Personally, I noticed most local established website instead of blogshop are trustworthy .. especially those with proper facebook page in placed whereby ppl can feedback with their comments...
lovebonito.com, M-wanted.com and etc are some of the examples of well enstablished webbie which ensures safe shopping experiences as well as betta quality :s12::s12:

Based on my personal experiences, established webbies often provide betta quality, services as compared to blogshop :)

Hope this helps :p
Cheers :D

chickass

Reaction score
thank you for the info man! next time got to be more careful, shall frequent reliable and famous sites..

terson

Reaction score
I love to buy fashion 2nd hand and online, but unfortunately you can easy become a victim of betrayal. I think I've lost a lot of money in all these years... although I care a lot about feedback and check it before I buy something, sometimes I just have bad luck :( my problem is that I don't have paypal therefore I cannot get my money back :(

abutler

Reaction score
I'm also afraid of scammers, the problem is that there exist even online shops which scam people. You have to read all reviews carefully to be sure that you can trust in it!

DpetalsSingapore

Reaction score
I like your shared guide for online shopping.Online shopping is really a time savvy and simple process.Thanks for the shared links.

laksfam

Reaction score
so many fakes these days and yet still get scammed.. internet shopping is getting riskier every day :(

dustyroads

Reaction score
Yes Paypal is indeed easy to use, but it is expensive and not everyone has Paypal.

Most blogshops offer online banking payment methods which are reliable in general in Singapore. Do contact the blogshop owners to enquire on the progress of the delivery of your purchases! IMO, if they value you, they would reply with decent updates about your purchase (even if it take a day or two for them to email back) :)

Queenofshopaholics

Reaction score
scam?

ehh, so far i think i'm quite lucky leh.. never been scammed doing online shopping.

i always purchase from gmarket or zalora. recently tried moyo asia. prompt service and fuss-free payment process. i think better visit well known sites like these. my purchase at moyo asia came with a cosmetic from dodo some more! :)

can check it out. don't try foreign looking sites.

PeaceWish

Reaction score
Those who said paypal is expensive seems to be comparing it with some other better medium. What medium did u use? If there is none, paypal is the best convenient way of pay.

hongphan

Reaction score
I think with modern life and busy as today, the advent of online shopping is very appropriate, both convenient and saves time.
I introduce you to an online shop specializing in children's clothes has prestige and many designs.

Shopping online at babi.vn .

------------------

dacom87

Reaction score
i make it a point to always buy on reputable sites like Ministry of Bids.

confirm no scam.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.