HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Perfume Thread

Like Tree619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #6541

i dun think a fake can smell or perform just as well the original. besides one reason why i avoid fakes is because we do nt know what they put inside
That's what I think also, but I'm considering that there's a huge gray and discounters market overseas, so I'm wondering if they got it from the same place
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #6542

There's a carousell seller that is selling repackaged designer fragrances at 20ml for $10. They come in glass bottles with the fragrance name etched onto the bottle. The boxes are smaller versions of the normal boxes, but with 20ml listed as the size.

Some of the brands do not have such travel sizes as far as I know. I'd be wary because there's a seller on Shopee that received a lot of bad reviews because the fragrances smell off or totally different, but this looks very legit since they encourage people to test first before purchase. They're also big enough to provide home delivery.

Even the lowest rated reviews had no problems with the products.

Anyone tried these before? Ran a search on here and couldn't find much.

I know there's a high chance it's fake la, but if the scent and performance is very similar... :p
I have tried. Fake and smell is totally off. Don't waste your money on these.
triface likes this.
todyseat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 01:06 AM   #6543

I have tried. Fake and smell is totally off. Don't waste your money on these.
What's the username ? So everyone can avoid
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #6544

What's the username ? So everyone can avoid
I did not buy from carousell, but from lazada. Likely those 20ml purse perfume bottles are fakes coz you dont see them at the counters at department stores.
todyseat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #6545

Whats the seller name on Lazada? usually they will be on several platforms simultaneously
Extremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #6546

If anyone is curious, the Carouseller I mentioned is Pocketscent. Guy is friendly la, so I give the benefit of the doubt, but it does sound fake in retrospect, especially since they're selling 20ml Aventus for $10 They have a booth at the Hari Raya Bazaar in Geylang Serai if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyone checked out Hugo Reversed? I saw it at Sephora and tried it. Fresh citrus fragrance and longevity seems promising. Reminds me of Dior Homme Cologne (which is also citrus), but the opening isn't as harsh.

Explorer was very interesting to test. It started out slightly sweet, before turning into a slightly bitter smell (but I'm not sure which note that's supposed to be), before drying down to a pleasing masculine smoky scent.

Edit: Do any of you own only decants? I'm very tempted to get about 3-4 decants from a Carouseller (this time an authentic one ) so I can switch the scents up on the cheap. It's more expensive but I feel I'm always on the lookout for the next best fragrance anyway.

Last edited by triface; 16-05-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Old 17-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #6547
Arch-Supremacy Member

If anyone is curious, the Carouseller I mentioned is Pocketscent. Guy is friendly la, so I give the benefit of the doubt, but it does sound fake in retrospect, especially since they're selling 20ml Aventus for $10 They have a booth at the Hari Raya Bazaar in Geylang Serai if anyone wants to check them out.

Anyone checked out Hugo Reversed? I saw it at Sephora and tried it. Fresh citrus fragrance and longevity seems promising. Reminds me of Dior Homme Cologne (which is also citrus), but the opening isn't as harsh.

Explorer was very interesting to test. It started out slightly sweet, before turning into a slightly bitter smell (but I'm not sure which note that's supposed to be), before drying down to a pleasing masculine smoky scent.

Edit: Do any of you own only decants? I'm very tempted to get about 3-4 decants from a Carouseller (this time an authentic one ) so I can switch the scents up on the cheap. It's more expensive but I feel I'm always on the lookout for the next best fragrance anyway.
I wont bother having lots of choices n changing almost everytime, maybe just hv one or two fr diff occasion. thr isn't such thing as the best fragrance. u find one u like which suits ur work/sch environment or a fragrance who can best "describe" u.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #6548

I wont bother having lots of choices n changing almost everytime, maybe just hv one or two fr diff occasion. thr isn't such thing as the best fragrance. u find one u like which suits ur work/sch environment or a fragrance who can best "describe" u.
I think that was bad phrasing on my part. Next best fragrance as in something that piques my fancy, or just something new and interesting.
Old 18-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #6549
Arch-Supremacy Member

Took me a while to find this. End up found it at my previous favourite regular hunt. Not ex apparently. But no tester, so i have to take a risk hoping it's what I like because it's first time buying this

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 02:04 AM   #6550

Hey guys this might be a long shot.hopefully some guru here can provide some insight.

I have smell sandalwood on some people.usually in very posh places. Is there any perfumes that gave off this smell?

It's not the incense Joss stick smell. It's a very pleasant perfumy kind
3000kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 08:44 AM   #6551
Arch-Supremacy Member

Diptyque “Tam Dao” EDP

Hey guys this might be a long shot.hopefully some guru here can provide some insight.

I have smell sandalwood on some people.usually in very posh places. Is there any perfumes that gave off this smell?

Old 20-05-2019, 09:57 AM   #6552

Diptyque “Tam Dao” EDP
Thank you so much

Does Sephora carry? Want to test first before buying
3000kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #6553

Armani code profumo gives me that kind of smell though it does not have sandalwood

stetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #6554

i own decants of stuff i’ll use a lot less frequently like ultra male, eros, aventus

triface likes this.
nich21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #6555
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try the Escentials boutiques at Tangs or Paragon. Diptyque has a boutique at Ngee Ann City too.

Thank you so much

Does Sephora carry? Want to test first before buying
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.