HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Perfume Thread

Like Tree644Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #7021

Hi, other than buying from brick and mortar stall or at Far East SC, Carousell, where else can I buy Jo Molane Pear and Freesia 100ml? Which online gives best price? TIA.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #7022

advise for perfume

Hi, any pros here can give me your kind opinion.
I am looking at acqua di gio profumo
But i have some consent..

Is this perfume common? (I am looking for a perfume that are not commonly used among most guys)

Is this perfume too strong? (some perfume is too strong that it chokes or makes people dizzy, some perfume is too strong for a guy.)

Is this perfume lasting? (some perfume wear off fastly or in awhile, edt? edp?)

Or is there any other recommendable good perfume out there? I heard there is this Spicebomb extreme?

Thank you in advance for your pro tips and opinion!

Last edited by JXuans; 13-04-2020 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Typo
JXuans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #7023

Hi, any pros here can give me your kind opinion.
I am looking at acqua di gio profumo
But i have some consent..

Is this perfume common? (I am looking for a perfume that are not commonly used among most guys)

Is this perfume too strong? (some perfume is too strong that it chokes or makes people dizzy, some perfume is too strong for a guy.)

Is this perfume lasting? (some perfume wear off fastly or in awhile, edt? edp?)

Or is there any other recommendable good perfume out there? I heard there is this Spicebomb extreme?

Thank you in advance for your pro tips and opinion!
Is this perfume common? Girl I was seeing said his brother uses it. It's one of the more common ones, but I think this problem is really only applicable to Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel in Singapore.

Is this perfume too strong? It can project a bit, and the incense note can come off as strong. Don't spray too much.

Is this perfume lasting? Generally it's quite lasting, but it also depends on your skin. I get slightly more than 6 hours with it.

Spicebomb Extreme can be too much in our heat. Nothing wrong with wearing it even in the heat (just be more careful with the number of sprays), but based on your questions I think it might be too much.

If you have an idea of what you want to smell like (Sweet? Fresh?) or the general vibe of the fragrance and when you'll be using it for, the recommendations will be better.

Last edited by triface; 13-04-2020 at 12:14 PM..
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #7024
High Supremacy Member

actually i find Acqua Di Gio EDT or profumo more common in SG, not everyone is willing to shelve out $100 over bucks for a chanel or dior fragrance in SG
Old 13-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #7025

Is this perfume common? Girl I was seeing said his brother uses it. It's one of the more common ones, but I think this problem is really only applicable to Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel in Singapore.

Is this perfume too strong? It can project a bit, and the incense note can come off as strong. Don't spray too much.

Is this perfume lasting? Generally it's quite lasting, but it also depends on your skin. I get slightly more than 6 hours with it.

Spicebomb Extreme can be too much in our heat. Nothing wrong with wearing it even in the heat (just be more careful with the number of sprays), but based on your questions I think it might be too much.

If you have an idea of what you want to smell like (Sweet? Fresh?) or the general vibe of the fragrance and when you'll be using it for, the recommendations will be better.
Generally, I know not much about perfumes.

But yea, I not looking for a perfume that girls will say: oh I smell this before. or ohh you smell like my dad, ex, brother, uncle, friend.
I looking for uniqueness.

Usually for this "type" of perfume. How much do you guys spray?
Just 1 on chest/middle of the shirt? or wrist then rub both wrists then neck?
My consent is that some perfume will come off too heavy and it became actually smell not that good (smelly).

6 hours I think is a pretty good last.
But if you were out for more than 6 hours and it wears off. Do you guys spray it again?

For me, I prefer to have a perfume that can be used for all. (for work, schools, night, casual outing).
For scents, maybe not fresh scent? as I assume that it will smell more like air freshener/toilet/soap?
and also I know that there are a lot more scents. spice, sweet, fruit, pepper.
So what you guys find is a good mix?
Old 13-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #7026
Master Member

But yea, I not looking for a perfume that girls will say: oh I smell this before. or ohh you smell like my dad, ex, brother, uncle, friend.

My consent is that some perfume will come off too heavy and it became actually smell not that good (smelly).

But if you were out for more than 6 hours and it wears off. Do you guys spray it again?

For me, I prefer to have a perfume that can be used for all. (for work, schools, night, casual outing).
For scents, maybe not fresh scent? as I assume that it will smell more like air freshener/toilet/soap?
The performance of a perfume really depends on how your skin reacts with it. Of course you can level the playing field somewhat by spraying some on your clothes, but it's not the same. Spraying your clothes make the perfumes very 1 dimensional.

Where and how much also really depends on the above. You just have to experiment. I have a reasonably sized collection (100+ bottles), and I know at the back on my head how and where to spray simply by making many many mistakes.

What you're going to do, what time of the day, your environment all affects this as well.

Try Mancera's Cedrat Boise. It's an uncommon but easy and likeable scent. It's got great performance (12+ hours) and suitable for most occasions.
wahjohreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2020, 03:15 PM   #7027

The performance of a perfume really depends on how your skin reacts with it. Of course you can level the playing field somewhat by spraying some on your clothes, but it's not the same. Spraying your clothes make the perfumes very 1 dimensional.

Where and how much also really depends on the above. You just have to experiment. I have a reasonably sized collection (100+ bottles), and I know at the back on my head how and where to spray simply by making many many mistakes.

What you're going to do, what time of the day, your environment all affects this as well.

Try Mancera's Cedrat Boise. It's an uncommon but easy and likeable scent. It's got great performance (12+ hours) and suitable for most occasions.
Wow, I suppose that's quite a huge collections!!

Thank you for your recommendation for Mancera's Cedrat Boise.
Will this perfume be femmie??
What I like for acqua di gio profumo is that it rather have this bold smell.
More of manlier/muscular smell I suppose?
But I am rather a small-sized build guy and afraid would not fit for this smell.
But I do still understand the scents depends on how I use it, where I use it.

Do you guys have other recommendations? in case Mancera's Cedrat Boise does not fit..

Will definitely give it a test try.
But unfortunately must wait till the covid19 period is over.
currently have to stay home and even so, all testing kits are all sealed for hygienic suppose..
Old 13-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #7028
Master Member

Wow, I suppose that's quite a huge collections!!

Thank you for your recommendation for Mancera's Cedrat Boise.
Will this perfume be femmie??
What I like for acqua di gio profumo is that it rather have this bold smell.
More of manlier/muscular smell I suppose?
But I am rather a small-sized build guy and afraid would not fit for this smell.
But I do still understand the scents depends on how I use it, where I use it.

Do you guys have other recommendations? in case Mancera's Cedrat Boise does not fit..

Will definitely give it a test try.
But unfortunately must wait till the covid19 period is over.
currently have to stay home and even so, all testing kits are all sealed for hygienic suppose..
Nah, not feminine at all. Cedrat Boise to me is far bolder and special than Profumo. Everyone from Tom, Dick and Harry to their brothers and cousins have Profumo. It's the same with most popular designer fragrances. I can't count how many times I've smelled Bleu/Sauvage/Profumo/Allure.... in public.

But scents are completely subjective. If you only want one fragrance to do it all, you really have to do your homework. Go to the malls and sample as much as you can. Buy samples for the ones that you've narrowed down and experience them in a daily wear situation. Many times, you will change your mind about something after really wearing it.

It's a rabbit hole and it's highly unlikely that you will not stop at 1 bottle. You will start giving yourself reasons to buy bottles. One for office, one for romantic night out, one for rainy day, one for outdoors, one for before bed...etc.
Old 13-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #7029
High Supremacy Member

Fresh scents are not necessarily air freshener/toilet scents

Part of the enjoyment is how a scent evolves on your skin over time.
You will start off by smelling the fresher top-notes (eg. citruses) as they evaporate faster; by end-of-day, you will only detect the deeper/darker base-notes (eg. woods and spices).

Some not-so-esoteric suggestions:
- Azzaro by Chrome (safe lemon, bergamot and rosemary combo)
- Guerlain Homme by Guerlain (mojito notes)
- Bois de Yuzu by Karl Largerfeld (restrained yuzu)
- Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel (safe for all occasions and lasting)
- Encre Noire Sport by Lalique (vetiver but fresh)
- L'eau des Hesperides by Diptyque (bitter orange and mint)
- Dirty by Lush (if you want to smell like toothpaste )
- Any summer editions of Eternity for Men by Clavin Klein or L'eau D'issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Given the current situation, it might be difficult to sample scents in person (at Sephora, at Mustafa, at Chinatown etc) but try to when the CB period is over. Take a spritz and feel free to walk away to see how the scent develops.

...or throw a few fragrance names here to see how the regulars respond
Old 13-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #7030
High Supremacy Member

Nah, not feminine at all. Cedrat Boise to me is far bolder and special than Profumo. Everyone from Tom, Dick and Harry to their brothers and cousins have Profumo. It's the same with most popular designer fragrances. I can't count how many times I've smelled Bleu/Sauvage/Profumo/Allure.... in public.

But scents are completely subjective. If you only want one fragrance to do it all, you really have to do your homework. Go to the malls and sample as much as you can. Buy samples for the ones that you've narrowed down and experience them in a daily wear situation. Many times, you will change your mind about something after really wearing it.

It's a rabbit hole and it's highly unlikely that you will not stop at 1 bottle. You will start giving yourself reasons to buy bottles. One for office, one for romantic night out, one for rainy day, one for outdoors, one for before bed...etc.
I've yet to detect Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme in public yet tho
Old 13-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #7031
Master Member

I've yet to detect Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme in public yet tho
Haha, you know which one I'm referring to...

I stopped wearing it I'm public even cos I smell it everywhere. I use it as a bedtime fragrance now.
Old 13-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #7032

Woh... Thank you for the tips!

where can I find Mancera's Cedrat Boise?

Do you have any more perfume to recommend?
I had seen many other perfumes recommended at Jeremy fragrance's fb/youtube channel tho. and that's is in another country, whereas in Singapore there is a lot of differences. (Culture, weather, etc) right?

There is so much perfume to try on and to do research on.
I salute you for the effort man.
Old 13-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #7033
Master Member

Woh... Thank you for the tips!

where can I find Mancera's Cedrat Boise?

Do you have any more perfume to recommend?
I had seen many other perfumes recommended at Jeremy fragrance's fb/youtube channel tho. and that's is in another country, whereas in Singapore there is a lot of differences. (Culture, weather, etc) right?

There is so much perfume to try on and to do research on.
I salute you for the effort man.
Well, there are a ton of great fragrances. But before anyone can recommend you anything, you have to know your preferences. No point me recommending you something like Colonia Essenza when you hate Neroli, or Amouage Reflection Man when you hate jasmine.

The thing that we, as people who live in the tropics, have to deal with, is we can’t really use the denser fragrances that are leather/Oud/tobacco... based. So what is “dark” or night time fragrances for us are at most autumn fragrances for them living with 4 seasons.

So when you look for reviews, most of the time, spring and summer fragrances would be the easiest to accept.

And most important thing is, reviews just paint you a general picture. If you don’t have a lot of money to waste, don’t blind buy. Test it out first.

Or you could do what a lot of people, including me do. Buy cheap, so that if I don’t like it, I can resell it for minimum loss or even a small profit.

Get your price “guide” from online resellers. I like FragranceX and often buy from them. Once you know the “grey” pricing, you can then search Carousell for great deals.

Example 1, I bought my Amouage Reflection Man for $150 from someone who sprayed it a couple of times and decided he didn’t like it.

Example 2, I bought almost full bottles Bvlgari Man Extreme and Le Male for $70. From what I can see, they were sprayed only a couple of times. The guy just wanted to clear them out for more space. I kept the Bvlgari and resold the Le Male for $90. Which essentially means I got a free 100ml bottle of perfume and an extra $20 to have a nice meal.

Example 3, I bought a sealed bottle 150ml bottle of Aqua Di Parma Ginepro Di Sardegna with original bag and receipt from Metro ($200+) for $50. I had no intention to buy as I thought I wouldn’t like the scent based on the reviews. He asked for $80 and I thought even if I didn’t like it, I won’t lose. I tried my luck and offered $50 and he accepted. Yay. Turns out, I love the fragrance.

It’s a journey. You’ll soon find your way.
Old 13-04-2020, 08:32 PM   #7034

Well, there are a ton of great fragrances. But before anyone can recommend you anything, you have to know your preferences. No point me recommending you something like Colonia Essenza when you hate Neroli, or Amouage Reflection Man when you hate jasmine.

The thing that we, as people who live in the tropics, have to deal with, is we can’t really use the denser fragrances that are leather/Oud/tobacco... based. So what is “dark” or night time fragrances for us are at most autumn fragrances for them living with 4 seasons.

So when you look for reviews, most of the time, spring and summer fragrances would be the easiest to accept.

And most important thing is, reviews just paint you a general picture. If you don’t have a lot of money to waste, don’t blind buy. Test it out first.

Or you could do what a lot of people, including me do. Buy cheap, so that if I don’t like it, I can resell it for minimum loss or even a small profit.

Get your price “guide” from online resellers. I like FragranceX and often buy from them. Once you know the “grey” pricing, you can then search Carousell for great deals.

Example 1, I bought my Amouage Reflection Man for $150 from someone who sprayed it a couple of times and decided he didn’t like it.

Example 2, I bought almost full bottles Bvlgari Man Extreme and Le Male for $70. From what I can see, they were sprayed only a couple of times. The guy just wanted to clear them out for more space. I kept the Bvlgari and resold the Le Male for $90. Which essentially means I got a free 100ml bottle of perfume and an extra $20 to have a nice meal.

Example 3, I bought a sealed bottle 150ml bottle of Aqua Di Parma Ginepro Di Sardegna with original bag and receipt from Metro ($200+) for $50. I had no intention to buy as I thought I wouldn’t like the scent based on the reviews. He asked for $80 and I thought even if I didn’t like it, I won’t lose. I tried my luck and offered $50 and he accepted. Yay. Turns out, I love the fragrance.

It’s a journey. You’ll soon find your way.
Thanks man! for the great tips.

I may not go into the buying and reselling of perfume.
I just looking for a few suggestions to find a good one and test it out as there are too many sample and so on.

Lastly, is Mancera's Cedrat Boise can be found anywhere in Sg?
Tangs, BHG, DFS?
Old 13-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #7035
Master Member

Thanks man! for the great tips.

I may not go into the buying and reselling of perfume.
I just looking for a few suggestions to find a good one and test it out as there are too many sample and so on.

Lastly, is Mancera's Cedrat Boise can be found anywhere in Sg?
Tangs, BHG, DFS?
Mancera has no AD in SG. You can only buy it online. If you want to try it, you have to buy a decent from Carousell.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.