Short sleeve shirt under casual jacket

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a few casual jackets, look like suit jackets but the material is lighter and shoulders not padded.
would it be ok to wear either a polo tee, or a short sleeved shirt under these jackets? assuming its for work (i am the customer) and the weather is kinda warm.

i searched online and the replies were pretty mixed. Some sworn never to do that while some say its very alright to do so.

theblueark

Reaction score
Super common in Japan. When they come sg for business you’ll see it.

Used to be very common is the US also, especially around the 50s.

Greenworm

Reaction score
I wear a very thin V neck shirt from uniqlo and a sheep skin leather jacket almost everyday lol, warm but still manageable!

Be confident of what you wear bro! If you like it, who cares what others think right?

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wear a very thin V neck shirt from uniqlo and a sheep skin leather jacket almost everyday lol, warm but still manageable!

Be confident of what you wear bro! If you like it, who cares what others think right?
I would think leather jacket is ok, but I am referring to those jackets which are like semi formal?

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT

oolongteaster

Reaction score
i have a few casual jackets, look like suit jackets but the material is lighter and shoulders not padded.
would it be ok to wear either a polo tee, or a short sleeved shirt under these jackets? assuming its for work (i am the customer) and the weather is kinda warm.

i searched online and the replies were pretty mixed. Some sworn never to do that while some say its very alright to do so.

can, why not? depending on your body type, maybe try a white round/v-neck and keep the jacket unbuttoned.

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually there's really nothing wrong with it, as long the colour scheme doesn't run 'wild'. I've seen clients wearing plain tee under a blazer with smart pants and shoes.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Tried that with a dark plain v-neck tee under a beige jacket and thought it look alright. I guessed this works!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.