HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Sneakers/Shoe Thread - Part 2

Like Tree787Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #3886
Arch-Supremacy Member

Picked up the Saucony Freedom ISO to try out since the price was quite good. It is a similar shoe to the Kinvara in that it has a 4mm drop from heel to toe.

And it’s the first Saucony shoe to feature a full Everun midsole. Everun is similar to Boost, but is said to be more responsive as it is firmer.

trickle_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #3887
High Supremacy Member

Altra's "Altra Ego" foam also is TPU like everun, boost. it is on their Escalante and one other... Escalante is quite "athleisure" looking running shoe

Escalante Racer is the firmer, lighter version with a structured open mesh upper instead of the stretchy sock upper on the usual Escalante.. released as a 'LE' with various marathon themes

freedom iso outsole should be quite durable too
Old 07-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #3888
Arch-Supremacy Member

no one buy alphabounces?
Old 08-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #3889
Master Member

Do you guys have a problem of your shoes becoming "wider" ? I got wide feet but even when I buy wider shoes, after a few wears the sides bulge out, and it looks damn ugly.

How do you all combat this? or is this just the way it is.

edit: my sports shoes don't have this problem though.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #3890
Master Member

Do you guys have a problem of your shoes becoming "wider" ? I got wide feet but even when I buy wider shoes, after a few wears the sides bulge out, and it looks damn ugly.

What brand and model of the shoes ?
No.1AHOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #3891
Supremacy Member

Picked up the Saucony Freedom ISO to try out since the price was quite good. It is a similar shoe to the Kinvara in that it has a 4mm drop from heel to toe.

And itís the first Saucony shoe to feature a full Everun midsole. Everun is similar to Boost, but is said to be more responsive as it is firmer.

To be a good running shoe, it has to firmer than UB's boost.

UB's boost is so soft that it hardly provides support, it gives more sinking feel while running.

Kinvara is my ideal running shoes, using it since kinvara 6 and nvr look bck. Nike zoomfly & pegasus turbo are something I am trying atm, still getting used to it.

no one buy alphabounces?

Got ppl buy, juz not hype like boost. Its a good running shoes, firmer. Personally, I think alphabounche are better for long distance & multiple days wearing when u cant rotate your shoes.

My personal opinion - Ultraboost tends to bottom out at the end of a day's wear. The next day, it wont feel as plush. Muz give it time to recover. Rotate every day.
Kavairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #3892
Supremacy Member

May I know what shoes u have the bulge problem? How about upsizing 0.5/1 sizes for ur wide feet?

There isnt any way to combat wide feet. Onli to upsize for comfort, removing insole, choosing wide cut design?
Old 09-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #3893
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah asics got knit and boost now also...looks good
Old 09-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #3894
Arch-Supremacy Member

Decathalon shoes look decent lol
Looks like NB fresh foam cruz

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
[SG]Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #3895
Supremacy Member

I wanna get EQT SUPPORT 93/17 on end clothing. anybody wanna share shipping? my shoe is SGD 125 only. pm me if you interested.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #3896
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agree on UB being too soft. For me, it almost feels like I am going to roll my ankle sometimes. Great lifestyle shoes but not a running shoe for me.

The Kinvara on the other hand is pretty perfect for me. I have yet to get a blister from wearing a new pair of Kinvara. The hotspots go away after a while once the shoe has been worn a couple of times.

And after going for a first run in the Freedom ISO, I can say it’s pretty much the same as the Kinvara with the exception of being slightly heavier and a little more bouncier.

To be a good running shoe, it has to firmer than UB's boost.

UB's boost is so soft that it hardly provides support, it gives more sinking feel while running.

Kinvara is my ideal running shoes, using it since kinvara 6 and nvr look bck. Nike zoomfly & pegasus turbo are something I am trying atm, still getting used to it.

Got ppl buy, juz not hype like boost. Its a good running shoes, firmer. Personally, I think alphabounche are better for long distance & multiple days wearing when u cant rotate your shoes.

My personal opinion - Ultraboost tends to bottom out at the end of a day's wear. The next day, it wont feel as plush. Muz give it time to recover. Rotate every day.
Kavairs likes this.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #3897
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have wide feet too and the bulging happens on all my office shoes. I’ve accepted it as the norm.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #3898
Master Member

anyone knows how i can order from adidas USA website to ship via vpost?

Somehow it keeps entering the payment loop and i am unable to order.

Cause now ADIDAS US is having a 20% discount with ADIBTS code.
mp4005 help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #3899
Supremacy Member

anyone knows how i can order from adidas USA website to ship via vpost?

Somehow it keeps entering the payment loop and i am unable to order.

Cause now ADIDAS US is having a 20% discount with ADIBTS code.
Hah Sadly Adidas US dont ship to freight forwarder. U can make payment wif our local cc but address wont pass thru.

Onli way is to buy and ship to an US address (Friends staying in US). Or use buyforme service from cgw and pray addias dont cancel ur cgw buyforme order (It happened to me, CGW told me Adidas think I am a reseller & canceled my order)
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #3900
Master Member

Looking forward to the new reacts 87, missed out on the OG colorway
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.