Looks like adidas gazelle or one of its retro trainer variants
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 07:50 AM   #4518
Master Member

Looks like adidas gazelle or one of its retro trainer variants
Yup, looks like a gazelle to me.
Old 28-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #4519
Master Member

I think not gazelle, front part not same. Red line in this pic that part missing
super365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #4520

Anyone got lucky this morning at Nike Sg with the AirMax 90 off white drop?
Elmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #4521

also, any recommendations for a good pair of white kicks? thinking adidas
You may consider Common Projects Achilles if you're willing to drop US$400. Otherwise, Zespa ZSP4 is also a solid choice.

I own both and I'm very happy with them.
imgroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #4522

Common Projects Achilles Low Review

I have recently bought a pair of Common Projects and I'm very happy with it. I'm sharing my thoughts here to help anyone who is on the fence about getting the best white sneakers.

*For the full write-up, please check out Common Projects Achilles Low Review

Common Projects Achilles has been highly regarded as the gold standard for minimalist white sneakers. And it's probably the most discussed sneakers on the internet. I have been on the fence of getting a pair for long, but shelling out $400 for just a pair of white sneakers sounds like a crazy idea.

So I searched for Common Projects alternatives and ended up buying a pair of Zespa ZSP4 on sale. (Zespa ZSP4 Review) They are beautiful and very well made, and I honestly think that they are the best pair of white sneakers you can get at this price range. I love them, and I thought I would settle with them for the rest of my life.

I was wrong.

Long story short, I bought the Common Projects Achilles Low at full price last month.

And now here's my review of Common Projects Achilles Low.

Common Projects Achilles Low unboxing

The sneakers are packaged in a sturdy, all-white shoebox with the Common Projects logo at the top.

Inside the shoebox, you will find a white shoe dust bag and an extra set of shoelaces.
The unboxing experience is pretty good, but I would expect the shoes are wrapped separately in plastic bags or paper to avoid the shoes scuffing each other.

Common Projects Achilles Low sizing

The sizes of Common Projects shoes are based on European and only in full sizes. Common Projects Achilles runs long and narrow so you should expect there is extra space in the toe box.

From my own experience and what other users reported, you should go down one size if you have normal feet. Choose the same size if you have wide feet.

For reference, I am wearing US 8.5 in Nike and US 8 in Converse and have slightly narrow feet. I tried size 39 and 40 and ended up going with a size 39 as it fits better in terms of width. A size 40 leaves a little extra room for the width and I prefer a size 39 for the sake of sleekness. The shoes did get slightly more comfortable after a few wears.

Common Projects Achilles Low sale

Discount on pure white Common Projects Achilles Low is rare, and even if there is a discount you will be extremely lucky to find a pair of your size as they are sold out really fast.

If you don't want to drop $400 on the on pure white Common Projects Achilles Low, here are the options you have:
  • Wait for a discount, but the chance of getting a pair of your size is very slim.
  • Compromise a bit and buy white Common Projects Achilles Low with a colored sole, and you may have a much better chance to find it on discount.
  • Buy a pair of Common Projects alternatives.

Common Projects Achilles Low quality

The uppers of the shoes are made of full-grain leather allegedly sourced from Italy. I am no leather expert but the bright white leather did give out a luxurious feel. The leather is in perfect condition. No color variances, creases or even minor scratches can be found.

The stitches around the shoes are tight and consistent and I can't find any loose stitching.

There's a soft suede heel patch which prevents the shoes from rubbing your ankles. The inner lining and insole are made soft and supple leather. Walking in the shoes your feet being on soft cushions. Honestly, they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

The Margom sole is quite sturdy and heavy, adding some heft to the shoes. It was said that Margom sole is much more durable than other rubber cup soles on the market. Whether it's true or not I have yet to see.

Overall, the quality is very apparent.

Are Common Projects Achilles worth the money?

Common Projects Achilles is expensive and often considered overpriced. The quality of material and level of craftsmanship are top-notch, but people often find it difficult to justify the premium in price given the abundance of choices of white sneakers with equal quality at a fraction of the price.

There are many so-called Common Projects Achilles alternatives on the market, but what set Common Projects Achilles apart is the sleek silhouette that it renders.

With this in mind, every part of the shoe is meticulously designed - a long and narrow profile, a flat toe box, a thin collar, in order to lessen the visual weight that comes with it.

Whether these finer details are worth the money, it's up for you to decide. The choice is yours.

I hope you will find this review helpful. If Common Projects doesn't fit your budget, check out best white sneakers for men for every budget for some other suggestions.
FrogGreen likes this.
imgroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #4523
Supremacy Member

What do you guys think of New Balance M991NVB?
foo9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #4524

aiyo buy a simple white shoe from BATA can liao mah
Japanesedude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #4525

I think not gazelle, front part not same. Red line in this pic that part missing
I believe they might be the Adidas sambas
g00dcharl0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #4526

Who copped the Air Max 90 surprise drop on Nike SG ytd?
homelesshomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:29 PM   #4527

Anyone ordered from footlocker sg before? How long did the shipping take?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
jollyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #4528

1-2wk shipped out from netherlands

Anyone ordered from footlocker sg before? How long did the shipping take?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #4529

Anyone know where to get adidas NMD R1 black colour one with the black/red sides. Im not referring to the triple black one. Go queensway dun have, scanned northern area dun have. by chance imm or orchard adidas store have or not.
avocado2988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #4530

sg adidas

https://www.adidas.com.sg/men-nmd
sg_panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.