The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imp0ssibled said:
think this is more like a tag heuer specs thread than a general spectacles thread liao haha.....btw is $600 the cheapest model for the tag heuer series?
btw any recommendations for half frame spec from other brands too?

YNWA! heeee. i think the price range shld be ard there bah ... i'm kinda noob with regards to specs thingy, so gotta wait for sexperts to come in and share knowledge.

before i got this, i got a special liking for armani frames, the logo ish damn nice at both the sides :s13:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4tut9mx.jpg

i was wearing this initially, i chose a sunglass frame and put in transition lens. but i wore for a few mths and got abit sians liao coz it's kinda heavy.. the tag frame is really light .. i guess its penny for penny bah. the relex color can be changed thou but its abit ex lah.. :D

MightyBalls

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys go and make your specs ah?

I'm thinking of YES, because it has a very big variety.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually i'll go spec hut. kinda regular there riaos.

joshy_aa

Reaction score
they dun have a big store like YES. The brands they carry are basically the major branded glasses like gucci, d&g, CK, tag heuer, oakley, levis etc. and a their own house brands from japan. for more details u can check our their site at www.parismiki.com.sg

emmababy

Reaction score
hwaa said:
any side effects? how long is the lasik ... ? share yr experience leh ... might consider gg for it in the near future...

I went for it in April. There's various methods & technology available now. You can google for it. I think the more common ones are Standard Lasik & Wavefront. Wavefront is a newer technology which is more customised. It has more benefits compared to standard lasik...ie lesser side effects & the ability to correct certain error that standard lasik cant achieve. As such its also more expensive.

I did my surgery @ Superlasik in Paragon. Cost $3600. Standard Lasik cost around $2400 in the same clinic. I decided to go for Wavefront cos i want the best for myself. The rates is quite reasonable since the doc who performed the surgery is a senior doctor.

No regrets cos no need visual aids :)

I suffered dry eyes for around a month...its common. Just gotta put eye drops. Halo effect at night...the street lights & car lights looks bigger. Mine is not too bad so still can see quite well at night. The side effects depend on individuals. The last time i check, my vision is 6.5 which is better than 6/6.

Anyway i heard that there's new technology available now which can reduce the side effects. Better do some research before u make ur decision :)

imp0ssibled

Reaction score
i juz got a Rodenstock sports glasses, the frame is curved type, and quite big sized like those new porsche specs size, and also very light, also the sides can be bent to conform to ur head, abit like those tag heuer types too, its great, can check it out too, bought it at toa payoh central

Last edited:

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TitanSmall said:
its totally out of my budget.....so ex......

i bought levis frame thou....haha.....

metal frame? can share where u bought it from and how much?

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
metal frame? can share where u bought it from and how much?
ya metal one.... the frameless one.... u see those shop if got levis frameless.. shld be that one liaoz......

i bought it at bibi_lala's shop, 238 for frame + airware(spelling) lens.....

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
emmababy said:
I went for it in April. There's various methods & technology available now. You can google for it. I think the more common ones are Standard Lasik & Wavefront. Wavefront is a newer technology which is more customised. It has more benefits compared to standard lasik...ie lesser side effects & the ability to correct certain error that standard lasik cant achieve. As such its also more expensive.

I did my surgery @ Superlasik in Paragon. Cost $3600. Standard Lasik cost around $2400 in the same clinic. I decided to go for Wavefront cos i want the best for myself. The rates is quite reasonable since the doc who performed the surgery is a senior doctor.

No regrets cos no need visual aids :)

I suffered dry eyes for around a month...its common. Just gotta put eye drops. Halo effect at night...the street lights & car lights looks bigger. Mine is not too bad so still can see quite well at night. The side effects depend on individuals. The last time i check, my vision is 6.5 which is better than 6/6.

Anyway i heard that there's new technology available now which can reduce the side effects. Better do some research before u make ur decision :)
Congratulations! I have an uncle who went for it too, didnt suffer from side effects, lucky man.
Nowadays the prices quite reasonable liao.. hopefully next time when lasik becomes a much more common procedure with lower costs, can consider.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah lasik price getting kinda reasonable and affordable liaoz.

thanks for the FR! :D

will do a readup and ask ard before i actually consider and go ahead with it ... :)

sockjordan

Reaction score
SpaceAce said:
anyone noes where to get swiss flex frames??
Queensway optics link of something like that, i got mine for 260 cuz i'm regular and the boss is nice, go hagger with him can already, si bei people person very nice one.

Other that than probably 280-300 for frame only in areas like orchard where the prices are offical and at the peak.

Seals

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nanyang....transition lens..228 bucks....including frames...

Pepsi330ml

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saving up for parasite eyewear...

finally local optical shop carres this brand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.