The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmmcan

Reaction score
Can you let us know which is that cheater shop you went to? so that we will not kena cheated also?

Hi Seannie,

sorry for the late reply.

Only until recently was i able to find time to go back to the shop.
The optician insisted that they have given me ZEISS lens and not Sola (a brand under Carl Zeiss Vision).

When i asked them about the Guarantee Card with the prescription, they say sometimes the lens maker will forget to pass it to them. LOL

Then they took down my prescription and say they will request for the Guarantee Card. They promised that they will call me when it is ready for collection.

I will wait until end of Jan to see if they can keep their promise. The shop is at Queensway btw.

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
i was very tempted by porsche design, their titanium/carbon frame + hoya 1.6 non transitions costs about RM1700 ~ SGD$700.

so in the end went for Urband + transitions. design also very nice, like those curvy porsche design

You should get porsche design. Nobody has heard of urband

sgt_hippo

Banned
Reaction score
whihc 1 better?

Tag Heuer Reflex 2 or Tag Heuer fold rimless Tracl?

both also rimless...

also whats the retail price in SG?

clause

Reaction score
Hi Seannie,

sorry for the late reply.

Only until recently was i able to find time to go back to the shop.
The optician insisted that they have given me ZEISS lens and not Sola (a brand under Carl Zeiss Vision).

When i asked them about the Guarantee Card with the prescription, they say sometimes the lens maker will forget to pass it to them. LOL

Then they took down my prescription and say they will request for the Guarantee Card. They promised that they will call me when it is ready for collection.

I will wait until end of Jan to see if they can keep their promise. The shop is at Queensway btw.

Hmm mind sharing which store is it at Queensway?

I'm planning to go to take a look for new frame at Seng Li at Queensway. Hope its not that one.

Btw guys, now the popular lens are from Hoya uh?

sgt_hippo

Banned
Reaction score
if i juz want to buy the lenses essilor airwave 1.6 with crizal coating for my existing frames will cost how much ah?

any good lobangs??

sgt_hippo

Banned
Reaction score
Need advice!!

Option 1: BUy from Online retailer 1

Frame = 280 USD

Lenses = 130 USD (Essilor Airway polycarbonate 1.6 with Crizal Alize AR Coatings)

Shipping : 15 USD

Inccurs GST 7%

so total will almost be ard 550 SG

Option2: Buy from Online retailer 2, but this retailer does not sell lenses

Frame : 240 USD
Shipping 20 USD

Total ard 320 SGD

Will not inccure GST but will have to make LEnses in SG.

The million $ question is how much will similar lens (Essilor Airway polycarbonate 1.6 with Crizal Alize AR Coatings) cost in SG to make? if make this in SG and add on to the cost, will it be higher then the 550SGD total from option 1

Last edited:

ohj81

Reaction score
Buying Oakley RX locally might not be attractive anymore as now they do not have lifetime earsocks and nosepad change out after they changed the distributorship.

The earsock and nosepad kit only cost 10 USD but they charge me 30 SGD to change. What an inflated price.

Btw, the earsock and nosepad still can be change for free within 3 years of date of purchase.

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying Oakley RX locally might not be attractive anymore as now they do not have lifetime earsocks and nosepad change out after they changed the distributorship.

The earsock and nosepad kit only cost 10 USD but they charge me 30 SGD to change. What an inflated price.

Btw, the earsock and nosepad still can be change for free within 3 years of date of purchase.

Yeah, used to be lifetime replacement for earsock and nosepad.

For period within the 3 years, does the customer need to go to their service centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.