HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread.

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #5491

i would like to ask if anyone knows anywhere that i can shop for polo ralph lauren eyewear. im looking for a particular model PH2053. the ones in my neighbourhood do not sell it.

and also, if can recommend any reliable online store that i can buy it from if i cant find it in singapore.
Old 15-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #5492

i would like to ask if anyone knows anywhere that i can shop for polo ralph lauren eyewear. im looking for a particular model PH2053. the ones in my neighbourhood do not sell it.

and also, if can recommend any reliable online store that i can buy it from if i cant find it in singapore.
Buy it from any good Opticals, dont buy online... you wont get warranty and sometimes you may get cheated....
Old 15-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #5493

Buy it from any good Opticals, dont buy online... you wont get warranty and sometimes you may get cheated....
okay. thank you. i will try out those major spectacle stores
Old 15-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #5494

Can anyone recommend shops with ray ban wayfarer-like shapes? Been to queensway and the ones i liked were too tacky (stars on the sides) or have too thick of a nose bridge..
Old 15-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #5495

Thank you Seannie and dijiwahjai.

Seems like Nanyang optical has both the brands mentioned. I will go check it out!
Old 15-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #5496
Master Member

Thank you Seannie and dijiwahjai.

Seems like Nanyang optical has both the brands mentioned. I will go check it out!
I have also been wearing Tag Reflex for many years. Light and comfortable. Made my older oakley weighs like an elephant. Very relutant to move away from the Tag because of the weight. However, the new range of Tag has a new nosepad design, which gives me a headache after a full day of wearing.

Just made a pair of byWP (sort of a sister brand to IC Berlin). It is almost lighter than the Tag reflex! After a few trip back to the shop to fine adjust the temple and change the nosepad, it nows fit like a charm.

Frame itself about $300+.

Last edited by jonleelk; 15-02-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 16-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #5497
Master Member

jonlee's new spec looks exactly like ic!berlin except that the end temple is hooked instead of straight & the side temple is not as curved. How is the hinge formed? Is it the same mechanism as icberlin?
oakley's titanium frames still weigh rather heavy i think maybe due to the thicker structure. Even though you can say tat its v durable against breakage, but how many of you will wear a frame until it breaks? Most imt aspect is the comfort on top of looking nice & proper.
Old 16-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #5498

as a consumer and customer of oakley eyewear, my first pair was 8 years ago chop top 2.0. sadly to find that the frames quality and colouring has fell across the whole range.

likely due to factory moved to china.

but again, most companies make stuffs have their factories in china dont they? =\
Old 17-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #5499
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wats a good place for ic berlin and nuband frames arh? thinking for trying out a good frame. Btw, will there be any major difference between expensive and those 100 dollar frames?

thinking of pairing with a single vision CZ lens as well, how much will it agar agar cost?
Old 17-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #5500

Nowadays for rimless spectacle frame there are usually two kind of fitting, one is screw and nut, the other is some kind of plastic snap on. So does anyone know which fitting is better? Pros and Cons?
Old 17-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #5501

Wats a good place for ic berlin and nuband frames arh? thinking for trying out a good frame. Btw, will there be any major difference between expensive and those 100 dollar frames?

thinking of pairing with a single vision CZ lens as well, how much will it agar agar cost?

not sure about the frame but Carl Zeiss single vision lenses ate :
1.5 - $140
1.6 - $240
1.67 - $320
1.74 - $560

transistions starts from $330 and photofusion $280.
Old 17-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #5502

Nowadays for rimless spectacle frame there are usually two kind of fitting, one is screw and nut, the other is some kind of plastic snap on. So does anyone know which fitting is better? Pros and Cons?
i believe u are talking about screw mounting and washer mounting.

screw mounting are used by most brandes. its the most basic design and some classy brands like cartier have special decorated screws to improve the "looks"

easy to crack lenses when screwed too tightly, every few months it will loosen.

washers generally fits better with little or no movement to the lenses. no extra pressure on the lenses which might crack it. diffucult to gets loose but still does in 1-2 years.

but if u get a top quality frame, chances are the screws designs are better than average washer mounting frames.

Last edited by xiaokaka; 17-02-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 17-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #5503

scotts square Optics Munich have quite a range of german and europe frames to choose from.. and i heard they have carl zeiss exclusive tailor made lens. i-scription or something..

pretty high end stuff
Old 18-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #5504
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone uses Crizal lens and the coating layer is peeling out? or does warranty covers peeling off of coating layer since it says scratch resistent?
Old 18-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #5505
Supremacy Member

hey guys, any recommended optician who carry more fashionable frames? does not need to be branded as long as decent quality.
I'm looking for plastic frames similar to this : PO2996V - 108 - Light havana - Acetate - All Styles Collection - Persol Eyewear - USA

btw can we find persol prescription glasses in sg?
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.