Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread.

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #6271
Supremacy Member

Hello to all,

I have a question, for frames like Nike and Reebok, may I know who manufactures the frames for them?

TIA for replies.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #6272

Hi,

I am going to buy a Swissflex frame + lenses. Nanyang quoted me 320 but the design look ugly. Capitol Optical quoted 400 and 460. The 460 one look nicer.

Do you think the price in Capitol Optical reasonable? carrot chop or not??
Look at details imo, what lenses they giving and which series of swissflex?

Different series of swissflex cost differently, same case with lenses.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #6273

Thanks for the recommendation, xiaokaka.

If I may ask further, what about Reebok frames?

Don't carry much.. not popular in market i guess. dont see ppl wear much also.. sports brands mostly i've seen in Nike, Adidas sometimes puma.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #6274

dont see any point in getting so expensive frame.

lens counts leh
good lens are useless w/o a good frame.

Good frame is important. What is the point of paying a lot for lens and the frame is so heavy and uncomfortable?
Precisely.. Good lenses are important if u value vision clarity.
But u need decent frame to get the comfort.
Comfy frames + materials/style often made by few mid-high end brands. Afterall, u will be paying for the craftmanship and comfort.

Depends on each individual to balance where is the point they willing to spend on these items. Eg, $500 for glasses for me is ok. i can afford. But maybe u might feel its too expensive. Only u know how much ur comfortable to pay for a pair of glasses and only u know if the looks/comfort/features are worth ur money.

Hi all,

I am thinking of making new spect....both eyes are 900 with 150 astigmatism. Any good recommendation? Thank you!

Imo, can use Nikon Seecoat 1.74, helped my friend made a pair of Nikon Seecoat 1.74 with SPH -1000, CYL -150 and results not bad. u cant expect it to be paper thin anyway.

Then saw my collegue received a job from Crizal 1.74.. SPH -750 with CYL -075. i duno if its lenses playing a trick on us or what.. it feels the pair of crizal looks thicker than nikon.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #6275

Hi all,

I am looking specifically for Japonism frames. Where is the best and cheapest place to get them in sg?

Is it possible to buy the frame online and then get lenses fitted in sg? If so, where to find online?

Cheers!
Old 27-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #6276
Master Member

may i know what are the trendy designs for spec these days? Thinking of getting a pair but do not want be outdated.
Old 28-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #6277
Master Member

Hi,

I am going to buy a Swissflex frame + lenses. Nanyang quoted me 320 but the design look ugly. Capitol Optical quoted 400 and 460. The 460 one look nicer.

lets not tok abt the difference of prices in dollars term. Did nanyang & capitol tell you how much % discount they giving you when they quote you those prices? I suppose those prices you stated are after discount?
Old 28-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #6278
Master Member

Look at details imo, what lenses they giving and which series of swissflex?

Different series of swissflex cost differently, same case with lenses.
hi xiaokaka,

do you know how much % discount will capitol opticla give to customers for their frames?
Old 28-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #6279
Supremacy Member

Does optical 88 carry trendy specs?
Old 29-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #6280

hi xiaokaka,

do you know how much % discount will capitol opticla give to customers for their frames?
i believe normal disc should be around 20%. Discounts differs from brands to brands.. like oakley, tag heuer will always be controlled.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #6281

Hi,

which model? Swissflex is very light but tend to slide down easily as the temples do not hook onto the ears tight.
Old 31-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #6282
Master Member

i have a technical question, not sure who can advise on this.

When i buy new lenses, sometimes i realise there are tiny shining spots on the lens surface which looks like dirt but when i tried to clean with soap or water these "specks" wont come off. So im sure these are not dirt. They dont look like scatches to me as well. Nor do they look like chips. They just look like something on the surface of the lens. I noticed them when light relects off the lens surface but you wont be able to see these tiny "specks" if you hold the lens up against the light. So im actually suspecting these could be due to the coating process. Can any experts enlighten me what are these spots and what causes them? Will they affect vision?

This problem has surfaced in recent years and does not just happened to normal unbranded lenses. Even hoya lens have this problem. Is this normal?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #6283

ust received my specs! at last..
btw i wanna ask one question , i bought my specs with crizal lenses! when i breathe out to the lenses , got crizal magically appear , which comforts me that its crizal lenses.. but one thing.. i ordered the advanced lenses.. so im wondering if only the advanced lenses have special marking on the lenses.. or apply to all crizal lenses (basic etc etc) xD
Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #6284
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm currently looking for this model from Porsche Design. It's actually P' 8214 according to the official website.

Visited a number of optical shops, but no luck. anyone seen this around?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #6285
Master Member

Anyone knows whether the Oakely Fat Cat Model is available in Singapore?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.