The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DO U noe if the price is already after the discount??

u dun care about the price.... just key in 2for95 at the coupon code there to enjoy the offer;)

I feel the derek cardigan and the charmant, Ad Lib titanium frames the most worthwhile..

Last edited:

bberry

Reaction score
anyone wearing progressive lens here? I need a pair but not sure what kind of frame will be good for it, i hears the frame needs to fit really well as having 3 viewing zones makes it difficult for the eye and brain to adapt.

yes, frame must be stable and fitting..hence should try to avoid plastic frame, cos shape may deform with usage...also best to have frame with adjustable nose bridge, so to have more optimal fitting.

i tried for 6 month, i cannot adapt to progressive...lens alone cost me 600+.
now i'm on bi-focal lens.

Ursuul

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's about time to get my first pair of spectacles, vision is getting pretty blurry at distance. Thinking of putting prescription lens into my Nackymade sunglasses, can anyone advise if it can be done? Also in your experience what the cost would (very roughly) be like?

Looks like this, by the way.

4_grande.jpg

Kenneth C

Reaction score
yes, frame must be stable and fitting..hence should try to avoid plastic frame, cos shape may deform with usage...also best to have frame with adjustable nose bridge, so to have more optimal fitting.

i tried for 6 month, i cannot adapt to progressive...lens alone cost me 600+.
now i'm on bi-focal lens.

I know that there are different categories of progressive lens. The more expensive ones range from 800 - 1300 dollars.

I started using progressive lens and could adapt very well.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know that there are different categories of progressive lens. The more expensive ones range from 800 - 1300 dollars.

I started using progressive lens and could adapt very well.

Uncle kenneth, u got laohua alry ah? U in your 40s?

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
decided to get tag heuer frames....either the automatic or l-type....will be getting from france next week...any opinions from those who use tag's frames? any other brands worth hooting....require 2 spectacles have not decided the 2nd one yet...and also which transition lens is better crizal or hoya? both sg prices around 300+ for 100+ degrees

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
decided to get tag heuer frames....either the automatic or l-type....will be getting from france next week...any opinions from those who use tag's frames? any other brands worth hooting....require 2 spectacles have not decided the 2nd one yet...and also which transition lens is better crizal or hoya? both sg prices around 300+ for 100+ degrees

tag heuer quality dropped. was told by my fren.

other frames u can look at perhaps is oliver peoples?

lolx

Kenneth C

Reaction score
Uncle kenneth, u got laohua alry ah? U in your 40s?

Once you reach a certain age, u will get 'lao hua'.

But, progressive lens technology is so advanced now, it can reduce the problem.

Frankly, with the progressive lens i have now, I don't feel like I have 'lao hua'.

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Frankly, with the progressive lens i have now, I don't feel like I have 'lao hua'.

That is provided that we look at the correct portion of the lens for the correct distance. :)

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Uncle kenneth, hopefully i will never get laohua becos progressive lens will be very ex for my high cutomised prescription sure die till cant find body. If get laohua i wont be able to buy specs anymore. :(

What spec are u eyeing to hoot next? Xmas coming soon, which will be the peak season for new arrivals le. Any idea yet? I will be waiting for my optician to message me if got any new nice tings. Saving my bullets for that moment of truth. :) Not so lucky as buibui uncle noobzpro go europe tour buy tag spec and jin sakti watches. :(

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far, with my progressive lens, I don't feel the need to 'look at the correct portion of the lens for the correct distance'.

Wow! I did not think that it is possible. Can you share what lens that you are using? :)

bberry

Reaction score
So far, with my progressive lens, I don't feel the need to 'look at the correct portion of the lens for the correct distance'.

don ******** leh...
u mean u can peep down woman blouse thru the side of your eyes while in mrt train, and vision is super clear????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.